Funding CustomMOD Nano 1.6L (based on Asrock DeskMini GTX)

Choose best style of venting holes - https://imgur.com/a/3rpoc

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
My impression with the whole Max-Q thing was that the cards were just somewhat down clocked to meet the best balance of efficiency vs. performance rather than trying to come close to desktop clocks and performance with similar settings.

Reactions: AleksandarK

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Today i investegated the Max-Q and just like @Kmpkt said they just downclocked regular MXM gpu. It may be nice to see the laptop 18mm thin, but at cost of performance, it gets no from me.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
@sergiiua

Have you needed to mill the underside of the heatsink to hit certain components or is the base flat? Also curious if you're selling the heatsink at this point.

Reactions: AleksandarK

BlackRogue

Trash Compacter
Oct 22, 2016
Hey

Great work do far, really liking the design and the hope to get it down to 0.99L for the record. But you mentioned making a higher case for those wanting to use a 1080 with a better cooler. Would you also consider increasing the width of the case by around 20mm so you could add some 40mm fans to the left of the GPU pushing air down the case. Noctua make some quiet 40mm fans that can be PWM controlled: http://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a4x20-pwm

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hey

Great work do far, really liking the design and the hope to get it down to 0.99L for the record. But you mentioned making a higher case for those wanting to use a 1080 with a better cooler. Would you also consider increasing the width of the case by around 20mm so you could add some 40mm fans to the left of the GPU pushing air down the case. Noctua make some quiet 40mm fans that can be PWM controlled: http://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a4x20-pwm

Interesting idea. Maybe we'll try it.

@sergiiua

Have you needed to mill the underside of the heatsink to hit certain components or is the base flat? Also curious if you're selling the heatsink at this point.
The base is flat.
Yes, we are selling the cooler (copper heatsink 130mm x 80mm x 10mm + Sapphire 85mm fan).

Last edited:
Reactions: Weredawg

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
I'm in love with this case! I haven't built a PC since 2011, and haven't owned a custom PC since 2013. I'd love to buy this case in the future when it's ready. I agree that making it a bit taller would be nice to accommodate larger coolers. Hyped for Micro STX to become more readily available.

Davila

Trash Compacter
May 28, 2017
Will you ever make the case a bit bigger? I'd love to get a STX case that's quiet and has viable temps, all while being smaller than a ITX case such as the S4 Mini. I know the version you are making is for the world record, but i am very interested in a PC this small and i would definitely buy the case if what i am suggesting was met. Great job overall guys!

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Will you ever make the case a bit bigger? I'd love to get a STX case that's quiet and has viable temps, all while being smaller than a ITX case such as the S4 Mini. I know the version you are making is for the world record, but i am very interested in a PC this small and i would definitely buy the case if what i am suggesting was met. Great job overall guys!
Yes, nano case is already available in 1.6L (quiet, cold, GTX 1080) and 1.0L (world record edition, GTX 1060).

Last edited:

ROTOR

Cable Smoosher
Jun 15, 2017
HI!

Did you think to use "centrifugal fans" and heatsink?

Like Zotac do in the magnus computers.

Or do you think they are to noisy?

Thanks and awsome work!!!!!