Funding CustomMOD Nano 1.6L (based on Asrock DeskMini GTX)

Choose best style of venting holes - https://imgur.com/a/3rpoc

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I've been thinking that a copper adapter plate would be an amazing solution for the MXM cards. The copper plate would have mounting points for both 1151 and the MXM. That way you could have it contact the GPU and memory units and then attach your cooler of choice to the top.

ROTOR

Cable Smoosher
Jun 15, 2017
Hi!

Can you upload the BIOS screenshoots?

I sure asrock was make a great work with this bios.

Is there any news about the release time of the mobo?

Like always thanks!

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Awesome, thanks for sharing! It's interesting that there's CPU Fan 1 and CPU Fan 2.

What happens when you go into CPU Config in the OC Tweaker? You can't change anything, correct?

It sucks that OCing is not enabled even though it's a Z270 chipset. I understand why they need to disable it due to limited power availability, but for people who know what they are doing, you can easily undervolt the chip and give it a small overclock and have it consume as much power as it would at stock. Or just undervolt it. It'd be nice if they let you do it but have some kind of hardware-set power consumption limit and throttle the CPU if it consumes over 110W or something.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
What happens when you go into CPU Config in the OC Tweaker? You can't change anything, correct?

Reactions: QuantumBraced

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
That's what the 1.6L version is for. Will accept the L9i and an approximately 35mm tall GPU cooler.

Reactions: Weredawg

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Some news

1. We found 5pin connector that fit perfect (1.25mm between pins). Now we can easy control GPU fan. Fan RPM depends of GPU temp.

2. The cooler is securely fixed on the GPU with 2 screws.

3. GPU cooler is 2mm higher than CPU cooler. But memory is much more higher (~5mm). We are still waiting for Low Profile Innodisk Sticks (shipped via USPS, now in San Francisco, ETA 1 week).

All is ready for VLP SO-DIMM and new case.