Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
I have had my case for a while now (batch 4). Anyway here it is.

Build:
Intel 7700k (delided)
Asrock Fatality Z270
Cryorig C7
Corsair SF600
Corsair Vengeance LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)
EVGA 1080ti sc black
Samsung 960 pro (512GB)

The good:
- Very well packaged.
- Paint is very nice and tough.
- Everything, design wise, about my order was correct.
- Great looking and tiny case.

The bad (The case and my components):
- Had to remove the back plate on my GPU in order to fit.
- Small blemish in the paint on the front panel of my case.
- VERY tight squeeze between the PSU and connecting the 24 pin cable to the motherboard (see pics). I would recommend a different motherboard if you're going with this case, unless this is resolved in future revisions.
- Only included 4 mounting bolts total for the PSU and GPU (6 needed). I used 3 to mount the PSU and 1 to mount the GPU.
- I think I was supposed to get dust filters but didn't. I probably wont use them anyway...

I just ordered the AIO ver and I also have the same graphics card. Now I'm worried :/

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017
Running with no back plate is no problem. There is the plastic divider included so it wont touch any metal. Yours may even fit, it was really close and I wasnt too worried about it...

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017
Awesome setup grantman. Hopefully mine ships next week and I can join the club!!!

Thanks I really like the case, but I will end up selling it on here in the next week or so. I run a 4 sensor Oculus Rift setup and it requires more than the one USB controller that is built in the motherboard. I have bought a full sized ATX mobo and case, along with a dedicated USB PCI card to resolve my issues. It's a bummer, but I love VR too much, lol...

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Thanks I really like the case, but I will end up selling it on here in the next week or so. I run a 4 sensor Oculus Rift setup and it requires more than the one USB controller that is built in the motherboard. I have bought a full sized ATX mobo and case, along with a dedicated USB PCI card to resolve my issues. It's a bummer, but I love VR too much, lol...

couldn't you use a powered usb hub?

amb9800

Chassis Packer
Sep 6, 2017
Or get a Samsung Odyssey (/other WinMR HMD) and enjoy all the free USB ports and wall/ceiling space :p

Still waiting on my batch 6 case to arrive, so my VR monster can be unleashed from its current laptop confines.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
I have had my case for a while now (batch 4). Anyway here it is.

Build:
Intel 7700k (delided)
Asrock Fatality Z270
Cryorig C7
Corsair SF600
Corsair Vengeance LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)
EVGA 1080ti sc black
Samsung 960 pro (512GB)

The good:
- Very well packaged.
- Paint is very nice and tough.
- Everything, design wise, about my order was correct.
- Great looking and tiny case.

The bad (The case and my components):
- Had to remove the back plate on my GPU in order to fit.
- Small blemish in the paint on the front panel of my case.
- VERY tight squeeze between the PSU and connecting the 24 pin cable to the motherboard (see pics). I would recommend a different motherboard if you're going with this case, unless this is resolved in future revisions.
- Only included 4 mounting bolts total for the PSU and GPU (6 needed). I used 3 to mount the PSU and 1 to mount the GPU.
- I think I was supposed to get dust filters but didn't. I probably wont use them anyway...

Oh no! To mount the video card you need to use M3 screws.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
^Hasn't sergiiua increased the width since then 5mm as well to fix this?
We increased the width of the case from the side of the motherboard to match the larger cooling cooler (C7).

It seems necessary to increase another 5 mm from the side of the video card.

Total case will be 120mm in width.

Minuses:
- More by volume:(

Pros:
- More compatible graphics cards
- The video card fans are farther from the cover. Less noise.:)

Reactions: loader963

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017
We increased the width of the case from the side of the motherboard to match the larger cooling cooler (C7).

It seems necessary to increase another 5 mm from the side of the video card.

Total case will be 120mm in width.

Minuses:
- More by volume:(

Pros:
- More compatible graphics cards
- The video card fans are farther from the cover. Less noise.:)

Just adding 5mm by itself won't help. You need to move the GPU PCI connection out 5mm so there is more space behind the GPU for the backplate.

Reactions: sergiiua

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Just adding 5mm by itself won't help. You need to move the GPU PCI connection out 5mm so there is more space behind the GPU for the backplate.
Thanks for the clarification. Do you need + 5mm or will it be + 4mm? We can use racks for riser plume 10mm instead of 6mm. also move the holes in the back of the case.

BozoSilvia

Trash Compacter
Sep 14, 2017
This thread needs more Update builds!

Upgraded a few parts (some obviously don’t fit) also custom painted my own case! But it’s great and still loving it. Those of you waiting it’s well worth the wait! It’s awesome and it’s still surprising how small it is. I added a size comparison with my good boy.

Edit: I added an i7-7700k, z270i and a 1tb Hdd also getting rid of my 80mm case fan. It all fits great!

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
News and other updates.

Party 7 was sent.
Party 8 has not yet arrived from the factory. We were promised to send it before the holidays but something went wrong.
Party 9. Accordingly, the plant does not accept our order for lot 9. We decided to merge party 9 and 12. Of course, lot 9 will be sent first.
Party 12 will be closed tomorrow because we have collected the required number of orders.

Those of you who ordered cases in batches 9 and 12 can change the size of the case 120mm. This must be done before January 16.
For the SFX aio 9.9L cases, the location of the video card will change without changing the chassis dimensions.
We apologize for the delay. Thank you for understanding.