Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
i am thinking about getting this case, have a few questions. the shipping is included or is it extra, how do i possibly get a white or tardis blue powder coat, and is it possible to have something custom cut into the front bezel
- Price: $169 (Case -10%+ PCIe riser + PSU Extension Cable + Worldwide Shipping)

yes shipping is included in the price. In the order form, you can specify the desired color. What exactly needs to be cut in the front?

jkiejr

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2018
would the color selection be in the comments because there is only black in the color selection section
well i saw you had cut an alliance symbol in one and a over watch in another so i was wondering if you could cut a tardis in it.

Last edited:

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
I have an original 5.9 liter case and love it. With that said I can't wait for the AIO I ordered to come, but I will always keep the original since its just so dang small.

Reactions: sergiiua

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
would the color selection be in the comments because there is only black in the color selection section
well i saw you had cut an alliance symbol in one and a over watch in another so i was wondering if you could cut a tardis in it.
Figures for the logo should be of good quality. Otherwise they will need to be edited manually, and this takes a long time.

Also they should not contain internal elements. When cutting, they will go to waste.

jin03002

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2018
I see that you've increased the height of the SFX mid by 5mm from 180mm to 185mm. Does that mean a GPU with height of 143mm fit in the new case?

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
anyone has pictures of the 6.8l mid version with a full lenght gpu inside if possible? Its a damn good looking case (planning on taking honneycomb ventilation) but the only thing that bothers me with the look is the hole where the bent part of the side and front pannel meet, maybe change that in a future revision?

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
This thread needs more Update builds!

Upgraded a few parts (some obviously don’t fit) also custom painted my own case! But it’s great and still loving it. Those of you waiting it’s well worth the wait! It’s awesome and it’s still surprising how small it is. I added a size comparison with my good boy.

Edit: I added an i7-7700k, z270i and a 1tb Hdd also getting rid of my 80mm case fan. It all fits great!

is this the 6.8l rev 3.2? im looking to buy one and wanted to fit a strix in it too

Reactions: BozoSilvia

crazydave48

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2017
I finally got my batch 7 case!!! Here is my shipping/tracking info for those of you in the United States that are curious.

January 12th- Shipped
January 15th- Left Ukraine (didn't receive any tracking updates for 2+ weeks while it was traveling to the US)
February 3rd- Arrived in the US
February 8th- Delivered to me (Midwest United States)

I'm still building it now but will hopefully make another post tomorrow with some pics. Being able to fit on the side panels with all the cables plugged in is proving to be VERY hard for me right now. There is NO extra space, so I'm now seeing why custom cables were recommended.

crazydave48

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2017
The problem that I'm facing is that I have two 2.5 SSDs set up like this:

But my sata power cable looks like this:

So the SSDs are so close together that the power sata cables cannot bend together and plug into both SSDs at the same time :/

amb9800

Chassis Packer
Sep 6, 2017
My batch 6 case (v3.x 9.3L AIO in white) arrived here in the U.S. (NY), at long last (shipped December 26).

Unfortunately both of the side panels are bent inwards quite a bit (the box was fairly beat up after spending 1.5 months in transit). Going to try to straighten them, but otherwise hopefully Sergii can ship over some new ones.

I also ordered some acrylic side panels, so going to use those temporarily (though they were made in the wrong pattern).

Will post my impressions after I mount some parts in here and see how things fit in.

Last edited:

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
My batch 6 case (v3.x 9.3L AIO in white) arrived here in the U.S. (NY), at long last (shipped December 26).

Unfortunately both of the side panels are bent inwards quite a bit (the box was fairly beat up after spending 1.5 months in transit). Going to try to straighten them, but otherwise hopefully Sergii can ship over some new ones.

I also ordered some acrylic side panels, so going to use those temporarily (though they were made in the wrong pattern).

Will post my impressions after I mount some parts in here and see how things fit in.
We will make new details, not a problem.

crazydave48

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2017
Here is my completed build of my SFX mini 6.4L!

Photo Album:
Specs:

CPU- i7-6700k
Cooler- Cryorg C7
GPU- GTX 1080 FE
RAM- Corsair VENGEANCE® LED DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard- MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC
PSU- Corsair SF600 (specifically, one that I gutted from a bulldog 1.0 bare bones kit)

Notes:
  • I think the quality is great! The motherboard isn't perfect aligned with the IO shield but I could still plug everything in just fine. It was a non-issue
  • I had a LOT of issues getting my two 2.5" SSDs to fit inside. That was mostly because my cables were too long and my sata power cables weren't designed to be connected to two drives RIGHT on top of each other. So things below the PSU are REALLY just shoved in there.
  • My case didn't come with any screws so I had to use some from another case I had. I looked EVERYWHERE in the packaging and around my build area to make sure I hadn't missed them but there were no screws at all.
  • The packaging was very good/secure!

Last edited:

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
Here is my completed build of my SFX mini 6.4L!

Photo Album:
Specs:

CPU- i7-6700k
Cooler- Cryorg C7
GPU- GTX 1080 FE
RAM- Corsair VENGEANCE® LED DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard- MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC
PSU- Corsair SF600 (specifically, one that I gutted from a bulldog 1.0 bare bones kit)

Notes:
  • I think the quality is great! The motherboard isn't perfect aligned with the IO shield but I could still plug everything in just fine. It was a non-issue
  • I had a LOT of issues getting my two 2.5" SSDs to fit inside. That was mostly because my cables were too long and my sata power cables weren't designed to be connected to two drives RIGHT on top of each other. So things below the PSU are REALLY just shoved in there.
  • My case didn't come with any screws so I had to use some from another case I had. I looked EVERYWHERE in the packaging and around my build area to make sure I hadn't missed them but there were no screws at all.
  • The packaging was very good/secure!

nice review! I have the same sad layout as you. I caved and bought some custom cables. Everything fits much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acalanata