Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

Hank0

Caliper Novice
Oct 13, 2017
Just reading through this this thread. I'm interested in in the 3.7L. I'm running a very plain systems with a short CPU (MSI ITX RX-560) but wanted to know if there are any issues with the HDPLEX 160 plug on the 3.7L?

ratman150

What's an ITX?
Jan 23, 2018
Hey there, I'm debating buying one of your cases but I had a couple questions about this one.

What is the max height of a CPU cooler, and is it possible to add a dust filter? I had a few more but I'm literally moments away from clocking out at work.

Edit wow how did I miss this stuff on the first page

Last edited:

seto

Caliper Novice
Nov 26, 2017
has anyone tested thermals on a 8700k with this specifically the honeycomb version? sorry if i've missed it in the thread somewhere. thanks in advance

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
has anyone tested thermals on a 8700k with this specifically the honeycomb version? sorry if i've missed it in the thread somewhere. thanks in advance

Would likely overheat stock. My 8700 non-k overheats throttles with the Noctua cooler. Better delid it.

Reactions: Acalanata and seto

anuite

Case Bender
Sep 18, 2017
Just reading through this this thread. I'm interested in in the 3.7L. I'm running a very plain systems with a short CPU (MSI ITX RX-560) but wanted to know if there are any issues with the HDPLEX 160 plug on the 3.7L?
I think you should also have this in mind:
I was initially considering the same RX-560 than you, but the it doesn't have a 6-pin connector and thus all the power would have to go through the PCI riser, which is apparently rated for about 40W only.
Therefore, as I didn't wanted to put the 80W+ from the RX560 in the riser, I went for a model with a 6-pin connector (the Sapphire one in my case).

Reactions: TheHig and cmyk78

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
I think you should also have this in mind:
I was initially considering the same RX-560 than you, but the it doesn't have a 6-pin connector and thus all the power would have to go through the PCI riser, which is apparently rated for about 40W only.
Therefore, as I didn't wanted to put the 80W+ from the RX560 in the riser, I went for a model with a 6-pin connector (the Sapphire one in my case).
I ran the MSI RX560 over a (good) riser and performance was significantly decreased. It was struggling to run Minecraft at 480p 30 FPS. I plugged it in to the PCIe slot and it managed 1080p 60 FPS flawlessly.

Reactions: TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
To chime in,
I have successfully ran a GTX 750ti and now a 1050ti off the included riser in my 3.2 ModMini. No issues with gaming etc. Now I realize the 560 is a bit more thirsty so from what you guys are seeing the 1050 or Ti variant represent the maximum performance one can get from power through the riser alone.

Good info for everyone. Thanks!

Reactions: sergiiua and cmyk78

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I haven't delidded it yet. Most people report a drop of 12 to 20C

Reactions: seto

seto

Caliper Novice
Nov 26, 2017
@sergiiua before i buy, i want to confirm these components will fit in the 3.7L:
COD ITX Mini 3.7 L
Intel I7-8700K delided
Asus Roc Strix-370i
G-Unique ArcheDaemon psu 500w +modded brick
G.Skillz Trident 3200 mhz 16GB
Intel Optane
Barracuda 5TB 2.5
noctua L9i
gigabyte 1080 mini

ps. feel free to chime in if anyone can provide me an answer faster.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
@sergiiua before i buy, i want to confirm these components will fit in the 3.7L:
COD ITX Mini 3.7 L
Intel I7-8700K delided
Asus Roc Strix-370i
G-Unique ArcheDaemon psu 500w +modded brick
G.Skillz Trident 3200 mhz 16GB
Intel Optane
Barracuda 5TB 2.5
noctua L9i
gigabyte 1080 mini
noctua L9and will not be able to cool the 8700k processor with overclocking.

A powerful 1080 Mini video card will heat your hard disk with hot air and maybe it will quickly fail.

This memory G. Skill Trident very high radiators.

seto

Caliper Novice
Nov 26, 2017
noctua L9and will not be able to cool the 8700k processor with overclocking.

A powerful 1080 Mini video card will heat your hard disk with hot air and maybe it will quickly fail.

This memory G. Skill Trident very high radiators.

If i don't overclock and delid, would i still be able to use a 8700/1080 mini combo? if not, would you recommend an alternative video card that will provide next to highest performance with 8700. i already have the chip-set and motherboard. thanks!

@Revenant what are your thoughts? thanks

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
A few words about the production of our buildings.

"Why so long..."
We do not have our own equipment for laser cutting of metal. We are forced to order blanks at the factory and neither can we influence the production time. Sometimes the factory sends the blanks with the marriage and we order new ones, and sometimes it loses some of the blanks. Also, we do not have our own equipment for powder painting and we have to send cases for painting to another city after the assembly. This also takes time.

Some of you are asked to change the size of the case. It's not convenient for us, but we still do it for you. It is not always possible to take into account all the nuances when changing the size. We also make mistakes.

What do we do to reduce the production time?
Recently we purchased our bending press. It is not cheap. This allows you to make more precise metal gibs and shortens the manufacturing time. In the future, we plan to purchase equipment for powder painting.

Sorry for the translation of the text. was made by Google translator.
Несколько слов о производстве наших корпусов.

"Почему так долго..."
У нас нет своего оборудования для лазерной резки металла. Мы вынуждены заказывать заготовки на заводе и ни как не можем повлиять на срок изготовления. Иногда завод присылает заготовки с браком и мы заказываем новые, а бывает теряет некоторые заготовки. Также у нас нет своего оборудования для порошковой покраски и мы вынуждены после сборки отправлять кейсы на покраску в другой город. Это тоже занимает время.

Некоторые из вас просят изменить размер кейса. Нам это не удобно но мы все равно делаем это для вас. Не всегда можно учесть все ньюансы при изменении размера. Мы тоже делаем ошибки.

Что мы делаем, что бы уменьшить срок изготовления?
Недавно мы приобрели свой гибочный пресс. Он стоит не дешево. Это позволяет делать более точный гиб металла и сокращает время изготовления. В будущем мы планируем приобрести оборудование для порошковой покраски.

Reactions: cmyk78 and ryandvd

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
If i don't overclock and delid, would i still be able to use a 8700/1080 mini combo? if not, would you recommend an alternative video card that will provide next to highest performance with 8700. i already have the chip-set and motherboard. thanks!

@Revenant what are your thoughts? thanks

You could use it, but you might have to pull the clocks back a bit. I run my 8700 at 3.8ghx max turbo. Keep in mind, I probably lost the Silicon Lottery with mine. Some people have had better results. Better to have the more powerful CPU and under clock, than to wish you had bought it down the line.

I use a GeForce 1070 in it.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
The very 3.24!

We start accepting orders for the updated MINI case!
For the most exquisite buyers. Extremely difficult in the assembly, and so super small! For those who experience high from super small cases.
...He will not let you sleep peacefully. Provides a headache when choosing a video card. But you know ... It's worth it, is not it? ...

case MiN itx mini 3.2L rev.5.3
Specs:

- Volume: 3.24L (100mm x 180mm x 180mm)
- Weight 0.7kg

- GPU: length <170mm, height <132mm, thickness < 38mm
- CPU Cooler: up to 38mm (Noctua L9i recommended)
- RAM: up to 42 mm
- Storage: M.2
- PSU: G-Unique 400W 12pin
(complete frame for 8pin)
- PCIe riser: LiHeat 300mm D.type