Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Last news.

Batch #12 (5 cases limit). Open for orders until JANUARY-20. Cases will ship before FEBRUARY-30.
Discount on cases is 15-20% for the whole Batch #12.

Batch #11 (3 cases sold out). Cases will ship before JANUARY-30. revision and modification of the drawings, sending the order to the factory
Batch #10 (5 cases sold out). Cases will ship before JANUARY-15. assembly and sending in painting.
Batch #9 (5 cases sold out). assembly, inspection, packaging and shipping

Cases received some refinement. case MINI itx 3.7L rev.5.1 / case MINI itx 4.8L rev.5.1
1. A transparent plastic gasket was added. protection of the video card. starting with Batch # 8
2. Changed the size of the MINI cabinet 3.7L. The motherboard will be raised 3mm from the floor. starting with Batch # 10
Volume: 3.7L (105mm x 185mm x 190mm)
3. A more rigid internal partition with a thickness of 2 mm. starting with Batch # 9
4. More durable Casing on a 2 mm thick casing. starting with Batch # 10
5. The opening for the power connector on the housing is increased to a width of 10 mm. (12 pin) The kit will have a metal adapter under the old 8 pin connector. starting with Batch # 11
6. The power button will be installed by default from the front. (the place under the video card, next to the USB port) starting with Batch # 12

All of you can offer your ideas for improvement and refinement. We will be grateful to you.

Last edited:

Michael

Average Stuffer
Jan 3, 2016
I was strung along for half a year. I initially purchased at the beginning of July. I didn't get my case until the end of September. The case was not usable as it couldn't fit a graphics card that was listed as compatible. The motherboard couldn't be screwed in because the holes didn't line up. The g-unique power supply could not be installed due to fitment issues. Sergiiua offered me a 50% discount on a new purchase which I made in October. I get strung along until last week where he finally tells me my order was damaged in transit. He refunded my money on the second order and I'm now stuck with the original case that I can't really use. I initiated a dispute on PayPal for the initial purchase and it shows status closed with no explanation. I'm beyond livid at this point and I can't with good faith recommend this case to anyone.

Last edited:

winterbladexx

Average Stuffer
Sep 30, 2017
I was strung along for half a year. I initially purchased at the beginning of July. I didn't get my case until the end of September. The case was not usable as it couldn't fit a graphics card that was listed as compatible. The motherboard couldn't be screwed in because the holes didn't line up. The g-unique power supply could not be installed due to fitment issues. Sergiiua offered me a 50% discount on a new purchase which I made in October. I get strung along until last week where he finally tells me my order was damaged in transit. He refunded my money on the second order and I'm now stuck with the original case that I can't really use. I initiated a dispute on PayPal for the initial purchase and it shows status closed with no explanation. I'm beyond livid at this point and I can't with good faith recommend this case to anyone.
How much did you pay for yours?

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
we are already making you a new one

slimjim

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 5, 2017
would it be possible to have one of these extended a bit to house an hdplex 300 ac/dc and a hdplex 400? that would be so tiny and cute without the power brick. just imagine one with a gigabyte 1080 mini and a ryzen setup :)

Last edited:

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
would it be possible to have one of these extended a bit to house an hdplex 300 ac/dc and a hdplex 400? that would be so tiny and cute without the power brick. just imagine one with a gigabyte 1080 mini and a ryzen setup :)
when ordering, you can specify your own sizes for the case.

slimjim

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 5, 2017
whatever the dimensions would need to be to fit a 1080 gigabyte mini and the hd plex 300 a\nd 400 in the front i want, can you do a model and mock it up? I dont have your source files or else i could do it. But I do want to order this from you

FredHamley

Chassis Packer
Dec 24, 2017
Hi Sergiiua.
I'm just wondering if you can go into detail what will come in the parcel if I get the power supply with it?
I'm assuming it comes with all cables and everything needed considering the price, but I am unsure.

On top of this, just wondering if it'd be able to close out the top of the case? I.E I don't want holes in the top of the case, but on both sides with heavy ventilation. Just to prevent dust from coming in from the top.
Cheers

Reactions: sergiiua

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hi Sergiiua.
I'm just wondering if you can go into detail what will come in the parcel if I get the power supply with it?
I'm assuming it comes with all cables and everything needed considering the price, but I am unsure.

On top of this, just wondering if it'd be able to close out the top of the case? I.E I don't want holes in the top of the case, but on both sides with heavy ventilation. Just to prevent dust from coming in from the top.
Cheers
yes there will be everything necessary (the pico of the PSU and the brick modified DELL)
yes we can do without ventilation.

anuite

Case Bender
Sep 18, 2017
I got my case (Batch #8) a few days ago.

Here is my config:
- Asrock B350 ITX
- AMD Ryzen 1600
- 8GB HyperX 2666 MHz
- Sapphire RX560 4GB
- M.2 Samsung 960 250GB
- PSU G-Unique 220W

I asked for the 4.1L version of the case as the GPU is 210mm long.
I though the GPU was never going to fit in, but I managed in the end after partially removing its cover to put in the case.
Notes:
- there is no space for a 2.5" drive with a GPU that long but I was expecting it.
- on the extender, the PCI port for the GPU was not properly aligned. I couldn't plug the GPU in it, I would have needed to have it an extra 1-2 mm away from the IO shield. Thus, I just unscrewed totally the extender, plugged the GPU in, and left it like that (the GPU is totally packed and can't move at all).
- the power button is blocking the way to put the IO shield for the motherboard. As I was impatient to test the case and didn't had the proper tools to unscrew the button, I didn't mounted it for now, maybe later.

Some pictures:

Overall, I am happy with the case. :)
Even though at the beginning I thought I wouldn't be able to fit the GPU in, after unscrewing a lot of parts, I managed to get it in. A few of mm wider and longer case would have helped.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Last news.

So the party 9 is sent without counting one case. For him, another lid was ordered.
We are waiting for lot 10 from the factory. They promised to send before the holidays but something went wrong.

Party 11 is in line. The plant does not start work until it sent the current lot (lot 10).

Party 12 will be completed ahead of schedule on January 15, since enough collic.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

bakakiba

Chassis Packer
Oct 13, 2017
Last news.

So the party 9 is sent without counting one case. For him, another lid was ordered.
We are waiting for lot 10 from the factory. They promised to send before the holidays but something went wrong.

Party 11 is in line. The plant does not start work until it sent the current lot (lot 10).

Party 12 will be completed ahead of schedule on January 15, since enough collic.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Its been another week, any updates?