Cryorig C7 standard fan adapters

step83

Average Stuffer
Dec 23, 2018
If anyones interested you can actually make your own using fan clips, literally just made these snipping and bending a pair of 120mm fan clips.
Not fancy at all but they work, planning on plopping this on the AM4 kit when it appears, the fan "floats" using the clips, totally accidental but possibly a plus?

Idea came about when I saw lots of people putting the noctua fans on an I noticed the hook holes on the side of the cooler, just like for fan clips, I tried using un modded clips. no dice, snipped an bended an, well here you go.
Could easily not bend the leg so much to allow mounting of the slim fan. currently its 60mm high, obviously about 10mm less using a slim, I say about as the clips would hook in over the top so give or take a few mm at most but if you flush mount it I doubt it would be a problem.

Just a dirty little hack mod for us without printers

SiG

Trash Compacter
Oct 8, 2017
Sorry to necro, but is there still any way I could buy these? I don't exactly have access to a 3D printer...

dbwd23

Efficiency Noob
Feb 1, 2019
Sorry to necro, but is there still any way I could buy these? I don't exactly have access to a 3D printer...
Thanks for asking! I saw that earlier this week, but for some reason I assumed that @Thehack wasn't making them anymore. @Thehack would you be able to do a 120mm variation?

dbwd23

Efficiency Noob
Feb 1, 2019
Which one do you need? The 120mm does not increase performance but may be useful for other reasons.

I'm currently rounding up parts and awaiting my case to come in, so let me get back to you on that question. I just wanted to know if you could produce it, so I know exactly who to turn to if I needed a part like that made.

I only asked because I saw build on pcpartpicker that utilized a 120 mm adapter to cool their CPU. They swapped out the stock fan to a Noctua 120mm fan. I think their intent -- and don't quote me on this -- was to reduce fan noise and to help cool the MOBO, as well.

I am green to SFF building, well actually, I'm pretty green to PC building in general, so I may be jumping the gun with my questions/requests.