Cryorig C7 standard fan adapters

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

3d printed. Works great.

Heatsink is 32mm. Adapter is 2mm, using Noctua's A9x14, you will get 48mm height.

Last edited:

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Not that I'm unhappy with my C7, but would you be willing to post the file for the adapter?

Sicaris

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 6, 2016
Do you think the 120 mm offset version will work with motherboards which have the RAM on the side opposite the I/O? Also what's the total height of the cooler with this fan setup? I'm guessing close to 60 mm because it has to clear the I/O? Either way it looks really useful

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Centered and low profile version.

This does not add any height to the C7 heatsink. The heatsink is at 32mm, and if you use a 12 or 13 mm fan like a Scythe 120mm (direct order only) or Raijintek, you hit 44-45mm. In cases where there's turbulence, every mm helps reducing the turbulent noise.

Do you think the 120 mm offset version will work with motherboards which have the RAM on the side opposite the I/O? Also what's the total height of the cooler with this fan setup? I'm guessing close to 60 mm because it has to clear the I/O? Either way it looks really useful

Yes. The offset version will fit with all RAM modules because it has a base foot print of 96mm x 96mm, just a tad outside the 95x95mm intel zone.

The total height for offset version is 32mm heatsink + 2mm adapter + height of fan you choose. In this case, it's 34+2+25=59.

The total height for center version is 32mm heatsink + height of fan. The adapter in this version does not add any height on top of the heatsink.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
So now I am wondering about a copper C7, with AM4 mounting adapter, with a 140mm x 15mm (slim fan with a 120mm mounting pattern) Prolimatech USV14 Ultra Sleek Vortex fan...?

Assuming Corsair LPX, so no height issues, and an Aqua Computer KryoM.2 passive heatsink (also assuming front-mounted M.2 slot, come on ASRock, do your AM4 ITX MBs right); full cooling / airflow on CPU & RAM & system SSD...!

Are these available to order thru Shapeways...?

Do the various 120mm models have Shapeways Editions...?

Might they be ordered from Shapeways in the same nylon SLS material / color as the corner pieces on the Lazer3D LZ7 boutique acrylic 7 liter ITX chassis...?!?

Centered 120mm or offset 120mm...?

Sorry for so many questions...!

And sorry to cross-post between forums...! ;^p

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
The shapeways edition has tighter tolerance. The regular versions were tested with a regular PLA printer so it had tolerances meant for PLA.

You can download the STL, upload it to shapeways, and order it yourself. I cannot guarantee the fitment of any shapeways print as I have only tested PLA. The shapeways version for the 92mm was after I got some feedback from someone who requested some changes for shapeways printing.

The 120mm do not have shapeways edition. The 120mm version will give you slightly worse performance due to airflow not being concentrated on the cooler, but it helps with noise since the cooler is now has a height of 32+fan height. If you choose a scythe fan, it can be 44mm total height. A 15mm fan gets you back to 47mm which causes turbulance.

Shapeways is the printer so you can order the same colors/options as Lazer3D.

Reactions: Boil

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
The shapeways edition has tighter tolerance. The regular versions were tested with a regular PLA printer so it had tolerances meant for PLA.

You can download the STL, upload it to shapeways, and order it yourself. I cannot guarantee the fitment of any shapeways print as I have only tested PLA. The shapeways version for the 92mm was after I got some feedback from someone who requested some changes for shapeways printing.

The 120mm do not have shapeways edition. The 120mm version will give you slightly worse performance due to airflow not being concentrated on the cooler, but it helps with noise since the cooler is now has a height of 32+fan height. If you choose a scythe fan, it can be 44mm total height. A 15mm fan gets you back to 47mm which causes turbulance.

Shapeways is the printer so you can order the same colors/options as Lazer3D.

So maybe sticking with a Noctua NF-A9x14 (32mm heatsink + 2mm fan adapter bracket + 14mm fan = 48mm) would be the best option for improved cooling...?

The turbulence noise should not be an issue here, as the LZ7 does not have the HSF assembly up against any vented panels or such...

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
So maybe sticking with a Noctua NF-A9x14 (32mm heatsink + 2mm fan adapter bracket + 14mm fan = 48mm) would be the best option for improved cooling...?

The turbulence noise should not be an issue here, as the LZ7 does not have the HSF assembly up against any vented panels or such...

In that case, the Noctua + Cu C7 would have the best noise/cooling at 48mm until dan releases his cooler.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Cryorig has wire fan clips ready for the C7 - they may supply them with the copper c7 to support a standard 25mm thick fan. The copper C7 also supports AM4 natively (and drops support for previous AMD sockets, but this can be fixed with a first gen C7's brackets)

cromo320

Case Bender
Sep 10, 2017
thanks a lot about stl. it´s great

i have a problem. how can i unstall original fan without breaking notthing?