Production 92mm Fan adapter for dual 40x20mm fan VRM or motherboard cooling

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I'm not sure if I can post this as I'm not the developer/designer/tester, but I'm in contact with an eBay seller who deals in 3D printed adapters for coolers such as the Cryorig C7. I asked if he could do a mount similar to the one found in this post which would allow for additional two 40x20 noctua fans for the VRM. The design started with his giving an alternative design seen in the following image.

He recently got back to me on a prototype.

https://i.imgur.com/3GPO9hg.jpg

Here it is after another redesign.

IMO it looks like it will work much better than the triple fan mount I had in the first link from Thingiverse. You have full control with this adapter on what side you can position the smaller fans, so it isn't limited to only one side. And it's great for those of us who already purchased @Thehack 's 92mm fan mount for the cryorig c7, as this will be a simple add-on. Will be great for those building with Ryzen ITX motherboards and lacking VRM cooling.

You can find him on ebay here in case others are interested in his other products.

Final edition:

Last edited:

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Anecdotal test using a Gigabyte AB350N Wifi motherboard - one of hottest VRMs with the sh!tiest VRM heatsinks on the market.

Previously tested using a single 100mm Thermaltake fan with a 92mm Cryorig C7 fan adapter. VRM temps would hit 90sC easily, CPU hitting high 80s.

Then switched to all Noctua set up with the above adapter.

It's so quiet now, it's scary. Behold the temps on both the VRMs and the CPU. They have both improved.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Anecdotal test using a Gigabyte AB350N Wifi motherboard - one of hottest VRMs with the sh!tiest VRM heatsinks on the market.

Previously tested using a single 100mm Thermaltake fan with a 92mm Cryorig C7 fan adapter. VRM temps would hit 90sC easily, CPU hitting high 80s.

Then switched to all Noctua set up with the above adapter.

It's so quiet now, it's scary. Behold the temps on both the VRMs and the CPU. They have both improved.
Clever little design!