Cryorig C7 Cu and AMD Wraith Stealth fan Sandwiched in a Node 202

dunkalunk

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 4, 2018

It fits, barely.

I got the Cryorig C7 Cu purely for looks. The stock C7 fan ramping up and down and whining when under load was really annoying though. Since I had the old AMD fan lying around, I wanted to see if I could fit the Wraith fan inside of the case. I had to remove the plastic spacers on the bottom and the AMD shroud from the top, but it fit. With the stock dust filter, it's right up against the edge of the case (less than 1mm of clearance). I'm getting better cooling (by about 5C) and less noise with the dust filter removed. Dust filter off allows about 6mm more clearance

For aesthetics, I initially I tried sticking the 140mm fan above the copper heatsink attatched to the dust filter with some electrical tape. While the fan definitely fit, I was getting idle temperatures in the 50s and 60s and a lot of noise from running the fan at full boar. I had thoughts about getting one of Thehack's fan adapters, but it probably wouldn't be worth it unless I was working in a case with more cooler clearance.