Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum

Carc

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2018
Well, I was trying to wait until it was available on Amazon instead of paying the extra money to order it from Corsair, but it seems it's now sold out again on the Corsair site :( I imagine Amazon won't get stock until after Corsair themselves do... I wonder what the issue is with inventory for these?

Where are you from? I am from Toronto, Canada and buying it at Corsair.com/ca actually saves me money. I bought and returned the Gold version for C$169.49(tax inc.) while the Platinum version only costs me C$154.94. So I saved C$14.55 + C$3.25 for transpo + C$54.99 for the sleeved cables and $$ for the bracket!

Last edited:

electric65

Efficiency Noob
Oct 20, 2018
Where are you from? I am from Toronto, Canada and buying it at Corsair.com/ca actually saves me money. I bought and returned the Gold version for C$169.49(tax inc.) while the Platinum version only costs me C$154.94. So I saved C$14.55 + C$3.25 for transpo + C$54.99 for the sleeved cables and $$ for the bracket!
I'm in US, so the Corsair shipping is $10 while Amazon Prime is free. I also have the Amazon Prime 5% back card so in the end the Corsair site is $17 more expensive :\ Whatever, it just came back in stock so I ordered it anyways! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Carc

Carc

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2018
I'm in US, so the Corsair shipping is $10 while Amazon Prime is free. I also have the Amazon Prime 5% back card so in the end the Corsair site is $17 more expensive :\ Whatever, it just came back in stock so I ordered it anyways! :cool:

Could've gotten it last Thursday! But ya, I was like you before and was just gonna wait till it is available locally or on Amazon to save money. But since this thing got delayed so many times/months from the original July, I did not hesitate to buy it when it went available.

My PC have been naked and loud long enough for me to even wait longer just to see if I will save some cash and/or have an easier way to exchange.

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
It should also be noted they just raised the MSRP for both units as well. SF600 is now $149 instead of $139 and the 400 is $119 instead of $109.

My guess would either be supply and demand, or more likely, getting ready for the tarrifs so they don't have to change it twice.

Making the Seasonic unit looking that much better at $119.

aa12bb

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2018
It should also be noted they just raised the MSRP for both units as well. SF600 is now $149 instead of $139 and the 400 is $119 instead of $109.

My guess would either be supply and demand, or more likely, getting ready for the tarrifs so they don't have to change it twice.

Making the Seasonic unit looking that much better at $119.

I am actually now looking at the Seasonic SFX L 650 myself. Corsair really ticked me off with this. Not to mention, I wanted the 600 Plat but direct was going to add an addition $23 dollars in tax and shipping so $162. Crazy.

The Geeek A50 supports SFX L, it has a 10 year warranty, yeah its gold, but its got a larger fan, and little bit more headroom in case I need it.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Could've gotten it last Thursday! But ya, I was like you before and was just gonna wait till it is available locally or on Amazon to save money. But since this thing got delayed so many times/months from the original July, I did not hesitate to buy it when it went available.

My PC have been naked and loud long enough for me to even wait longer just to see if I will save some cash and/or have an easier way to exchange.

I ordered mine from corsair, because of the strike for the last two days, it's sitting at Canada post distribution centre. I live in Toronto too and have been waiting

Soules

Caliper Novice
Feb 26, 2018
Just replaced my OG sx600g with this unit and am loving not being forced to wear my headphones for everything. That is annoying that the price changed after there was a shortage of units thought, instead of just pricing it higher from the beginning. I paid for the express shipping and still came out at $155.

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
Just replaced my OG sx600g with this unit and am loving not being forced to wear my headphones for everything. That is annoying that the price changed after there was a shortage of units thought, instead of just pricing it higher from the beginning. I paid for the express shipping and still came out at $155.

Is the fan actually that much quieter? The anandtech review seemed to be implying that the only difference in the fans was the control method and not anything to do with the fan properties themselves.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Nice review @confusis, looks like Corsair has another winner. I am a bit disappointed with the recent price increase. Hopefully they have fixed issues others have had with the fan. I currently have both a SF600 and 450 Gold and both have been stellar, with extremely quiet fans.

Reactions: TheHig and confusis

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018

My thoughts.

Watching now -- one thing I note is that they give you a printed manual, but for the new power supplies, there isn't even ANY downloadable manual yet. Could you scan the pages showing the specs and curves for the supplies? I haven't seen anywhere to compare them to the gold yet.

Last edited: