Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
In Corsairs website i am failing to see any information on cable sizes. Can someone help me in that regard? I want to sub my Silverstone PSU cause i don't like the noise it makes on heavy load (even though better than the Corsair SF Gold).

Edit - unless they are the "old" SF series cables that you'd buy as a kit.
99% sure they are the same as the aftermarket cable kit Corsair has already been selling

Reactions: Walderstorn

thefiend1

Trash Compacter
Oct 6, 2017
So, initial impressions after a day or so with the SF600 Platinum:

As of yet, I've only seen it turn on when running FurMark or Time Spy, which peaked at about 310W and 275W from the wall, respectively

How are you able to tell how much watts it’s using? I’d like to be able to measure this for my rig as well.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Dat hype tho...

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
My guess is:- the improvements of SF450 G to P are likely to be the same as SF600 G to P (ie fan, cable and bracket).

ken.t

What's an ITX?
Sep 27, 2018
@Narwhal When it's done ;) I only received the units yesterday and I'm a one man band - So hopefully within a week, but I promise nothing other than my usual focus on the minutiae.

I'm happy to assist doing a long term review of the sf600 plat :)

did corsair give any indication that you can mention when these products will become available to the public?

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
That's probably right in line with the release of the 9900k. Good thing too, because I couldn't be the only one who was about to cave in and and buy the old Gold model to finish my upcoming build