Power Supply Corsair SF600 - 600W SFX PSU

SilverStone

Caliper Novice
SilverStone
Jan 5, 2017
As I work on undervolting my Vega I may buy that slim 92mm Noctua fan you referenced and replace it in my Silverstone PSU. The Silverstone does not have a fan connector so I'll be doing some soldering, no big deal as I already did it once on the SX450-G.

We went through quite a bit of effort with respect to giving SX650-G / SX500-G the best fan we could get our hands on, and eventually just ended up creating a custom FDB fan for use with these PSUs. It's quiet at lower loading conditions yet provides excellent cooling when the PSU works hard. So be careful not to replace it with a fan that spins too slowly!

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
We went through quite a bit of effort with respect to giving SX650-G / SX500-G the best fan we could get our hands on, and eventually just ended up creating a custom FDB fan for use with these PSUs. It's quiet at lower loading conditions yet provides excellent cooling when the PSU works hard. So be careful not to replace it with a fan that spins too slowly!

Thanks! I've actually decided the fan on the SX650-G is plenty quiet... I found out the extra noise came from the Vega56 on turbo mode, not the new power supply. I had been running my Vega56 in power saver mode when I had the SX450 and didn't realize what a difference it made when it came to fan noise. Unfortunately the Vega56 on the SX650-G still was tripping my motherboard's anti-surge feature (Asus Impact VI). I've since disabled the anti-surge feature and have zero problems even after gaming for 10-12 hours in a day. The setup is phenomenal but I wish I would have just stuck with my 450w Silverstone and saved the money for an aftermarket cooling setup for the Vega instead.

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
Any "fan always spinning" SF600 in 2020?
I can't say I have issues with the noise, but as soon as I enter Windows, the fan starts spinning (not spinnig during boot). The system is measured at below 70W in idle, but the fan still spins ...

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
How is your airflow? I guess it isn't exactly 120w, but rather the temps of the PSU itself. If it is hot at 60w, most likely it will spin.
Or should be so?

Fa5en

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2020
My case is the Silverstone SG13. Psu facing fan upwards. So I guess the hot air from cpu and gpu isn't affecting it enough to make it spin. And I have a push/pull aio and 3 exhaust fans, one 80mm to the side and two 50mm fans above the gpu. So no airflow issues ?