Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018
A question is whether it's any better than the gold one. There might be no marginal differences and if it is so then its disappointing after such a long time of wait

Last edited:
Reactions: Killinger

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
All I know with the one I've now had for a few weeks is that it rarely spins up, and even when it does, it's quieter than everything else in the case.

Reactions: annasoh323

secretanchitman

Case Bender
Oct 12, 2018
Was just about to post in here saying that they're up for pre-order - finally ordered the SF600 Platinum! Time to order some custom cables from PSlate! :D

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
I have preordered from Amazon UK. There's no date on there, so fingers crossed it won't be too long if Corsair is starting to ship them out.

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
A question is whether it's any better than the gold one. There might be no marginal differences and if it is so then its disappointing after such a long time of wait
the gold is fine but I wanted the pwm fan and the braided cables, was worth the wait, couldn care less about the platinum efficiency but its good that its there, else its probbly the same as the gold

finally I got a psu to fit inside my case, wont be needing my rm650i outside the case anymore

Reactions: Carc and Alexander

Carc

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2018
finally I got a psu to fit inside my case, wont be needing my rm650i outside the case anymore

I feel you...

Carc

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2018
The first moment I saw this pic, I thought it is some mad scientist's photocopying machine.:D

Say what? I can't hear you over the awesomeness of my mITX PC!!! ITS ALIIIIIIIIVE!!! >:)

...Sᴇʀɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ, I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ NF-A14 3000 ғᴀɴ:(

Reactions: nolan

ericz

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 10, 2018
No one loves you anyway!!! NO ONE!!!

Seriously though, sooo jelly! You ordered that from Corsair.com? Where do you live? Might be faster for US orders :(

Yep, ordered from Corsair.com. I live on the west coast (and also paid for expedited shipping). Looks like it shipped from a warehouse in LA.

Reactions: Carc

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018
Was pwm fan really needed ? I don't hear anything in Gold edition... bought corsair sleeved cables separately but they're not easy to bend and are very tight, if you stick them into mobo then they're very hard to unplug, feel like glued in there haha. I'm just debating if it's worth to upgrade from gold to plat. Don't really care about the bracket or cables, mostly about quality and reliability of unit itself

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
Was pwm fan really needed ? I don't hear anything in Gold edition... bought corsair sleeved cables separately but they're not easy to bend and are very tight, if you stick them into mobo then they're very hard to unplug, feel like glued in there haha. I'm just debating if it's worth to upgrade from gold to plat. Don't really care about the bracket or cables, mostly about quality and reliability of unit itself

For you then it's definitely not worth. The Gold unit was supposedly very close to platinum efficiency anyway (if not over for some of the curve). The biggest issue for people was the seeming variance in the fans.

The flat cables aren't too easy to unplug either. ;)

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
oh boii I got my shipping... its leaving from l and going toward quebec,canada as we speak. I'm guessing its going to take 1-2 weeks to get here

electric65

Efficiency Noob
Oct 20, 2018
Well, I was trying to wait until it was available on Amazon instead of paying the extra money to order it from Corsair, but it seems it's now sold out again on the Corsair site :( I imagine Amazon won't get stock until after Corsair themselves do... I wonder what the issue is with inventory for these?

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
Well, I was trying to wait until it was available on Amazon instead of paying the extra money to order it from Corsair, but it seems it's now sold out again on the Corsair site :( I imagine Amazon won't get stock until after Corsair themselves do... I wonder what the issue is with inventory for these?
meh it was 15$ more and only because I had to pay shipping but I've been waiting for it for so long that I just didnt care