Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
Come hell or high water I will be doing a full window. @KSliger could you share the final pin mounting hardware? I'd like to try a fully custom panel solution and not cut a huge hole in the side panel.
Yes, so much this. Though, I myself may have to work with Sliger as I lack the majority of tools for an endevor like this.

Reactions: Biowarejak

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
So as of right now there is no way to pre-order a case yet or am I too early based on info release? Also are there final examples of what the various colors will look like?

Side note, great job on finally pushing the case out! I'm excited for you guys, thanks for the hard work.

I'm open to preorders, but it's up to @PlayfulPhoenix

Color samples are on expedite, going to do pictures ASAP.

You said "all-steel construction" but the panels are ally right?

Would be good to list exactly what parts each of the PSU kits include.

Side panels are aluminum, chassis is steel.

Will get that list of what parts are included as we get closer.

Is the handle color matched to the panels or are they all just black?

$25 price target on handle imposed some restrictions on colors, raw aluminum for DIY or black powder were the two options.

For color optional, $75 for handle kit in one of panel color offerings could be something we can do.

Any possibility for a full windowed panel? :(

Possibly, cost looks to be $100 for GPU Window Panel Set or Full Window Panel Set though due to small volume.

There's also the hinge bracket that will fill most of any full chassis window, may need to change the design slightly to make the hinge bracket optional. Will need community feedback and I'll talk to @PlayfulPhoenix.

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
$25 price target on handle imposed some restrictions on colors, raw aluminum for DIY or black powder were the two options.

For color optional, $75 for handle kit in one of panel color offerings could be something we can do.

Makes sense, personally I'll be happy with black but some of the Fancy Dans here talking about full windows etc probably want an handle encrusted with rhinestones ;)

Pyrath

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2016
Possibly, cost looks to be $100 for GPU Window Panel Set or Full Window Panel Set though due to small volume.

There's also the hinge bracket that will fill most of any full chassis window, may need to change the design slightly to make the hinge bracket optional. Will need community feedback and I'll talk to @PlayfulPhoenix.

Don't bend yourself backwards there, I'm happy to dremel away the hinge/bracket. Whatever makes it cheaper :)

EDIT:
Makes sense, personally I'll be happy with black but some of the Fancy Dans here talking about full windows etc probably want an handle encrusted with rhinestones ;)

whoah now, that's a step too far (even for me!) @MarcParis really loves that kind of gaudy thing though so I bet he'll be thrilled with a bejeweled handle!

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
whoah now, that's a step too far (even for me!) @MarcParis really loves that kind of gaudy thing though so I bet he'll be thrilled with a bejeweled handle!

Assuming a through-mount version of the pins can be found it might be worth visiting a local glass supplier with the panel dimensions and asking for a price for a sheet cut & drilled? Unless you want a window inset in ally frame of course.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Stud Change: Same studs and clips as preproduction run, but reduced in quantity. No visible exterior hardware. Will be backwards compatible with pre-production units. There's currently no occurrences where I've seen issues with panel gap on the vertical of the Cerberus or Cerberus X side panels, do not think anyone will have issues with panel gap. We will QC all panels and chassis make sure alignment is on point.

Window Side Panels: right now we're focused on getting the chassis as is out for Nov 17th, will revisit windowed side panels in December/Jan.

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
I'm open to preorders, but it's up to @PlayfulPhoenix

Color samples are on expedite, going to do pictures ASAP.

Side panels are aluminum, chassis is steel.

Will get that list of what parts are included as we get closer.

I would have no problems paying a premium for a custom color and full side window. I'd rather give the extra cash to you guys than a few different stores to source the parts and have it custom painted. It will most likely be cheaper anyways lol

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Does the X model still have the standoff issue where MATX boards are incompatable without some custom work?

Yes. mATX will fit but lacks standoffs to support the bottom of the board around the pcie slots. Personally I'd just use some stick on plastic standoffs there just to support the mobo when pressing cards into the slots.

Taswegian

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Bets are opened now...and question is simple : which version of cerberus will be the best seller?
For me, it should be the ceberus-x...but what is your opinion?..;)

Initially, Cerb Jr, because this project has the attention of SFF freaks.

Over the long term, Cerb X, because ATX fatties massively outnumber us and it's an incredibly versatile case with broad appeal.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Is the Cerberus-X 61mm taller than the Cerberus ? Is this the only difference between the two?

jad_tv

Caliper Novice
Dec 27, 2016
So the Cerberus-X supports ATX but not mATX?
Can I get a brief overview of the differences between Cerberus and Cerberus-X? Couldn't find anything about the Cerberus-X on the website or the OP.