Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Wow! That's some hardcore modding.

Do you have more in-progress pics? You should definitely do a build log thread if so, this is such a cool build :D

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Oh wow that's some serious modding ! Well done ! It gives off a tangible Batman vs Joker feeling !

clean003

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2016
Wow! That's some hardcore modding.

Do you have more in-progress pics? You should definitely do a build log thread if so, this is such a cool build :D

Thanx much! I didn't have any more pictures nor did I plan on doing a build log, I'll probably will do a build log with better quality photos

clean003

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2016
Oh wow that's some serious modding ! Well done ! It gives off a tangible Batman vs Joker feeling !

You are correct! Purple is my wife and mother favorite color, also I always like the purple and green color scheme; I've decided to do my build around The Joker but was convinced by my son to name it Villain.

Reactions: Phuncz

vpr

Cable Smoosher
Apr 2, 2016
You are correct! Purple is my wife and mother favorite color, also I always like the purple and green color scheme; I've decided to do my build around The Joker but was convinced by my son to name it Villain.

Could also get away w/ calling it a Hulk theme -- Green skin + Purple shorts

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com

All you need now is SA Troubled Minds on your keyboard.

dreix

Trash Compacter
Sep 11, 2016
Hello,

just a quick question - will I be able to purchase (when the time comes) different colour combination of panels? I would prefer something like red case with black top (like someone here who received mismatched panels by accident).

Thanks!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...s-x-complete-build-log.2007/page-9#post-55435
I've just raised one possible improvment on both cerberus/cerberus-x.

My proposal is to have a fully vented side panel, as it will allow very good non-reference gpu cooling (like my msi gtx 1080ti). Based on my personal, it would be a great addition.

However it should increase (most probably double) side panel price.

For me, it would be great to have it as an option, like atx bracket.

What do you think about it?

Reactions: Phuncz

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Seems like those vents on the side panel are needed, but are we willing to sacrifice price and aesthetics for thermal reduction?
Well that's the point.

Currently i can play with no thermal issues as cpu load is still fairly low.
But when i'm playing with side panel off, it's becoming so cool and quiet (no amd fanboy here..:))

I'm even thinking of experimentation of using my noctua u9s with vertical exhaust as trial.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak