Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
All the cases from this run are currently spoken for. There will be another pre-production run (not sure when, and not sure if they'll be open to the public or not) then general production later this year.

hupo001

Case Bender
Jun 27, 2017
All the cases from this run are currently spoken for. There will be another pre-production run (not sure when, and not sure if they'll be open to the public or not) then general production later this year.

Why they make Cerberus so privately accessible like a premier club?

Please take my money.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I'm sure most people don't want to be in the "pay way more money for a flawed case" club :p

Pre-production units are expensive because only a small quantity is manufactured. They have various little design and manufacturing flaws though because that's what pre-production runs are for, to find and fix those issues.

So we won't sell the next pre-production run if we can avoid it, because shipping out replacement parts to fix flaws is expensive and time consuming.

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
Cerberus Premier Club.
Heh, I like the sound of that. Almost worthy of a listing on some website.

After you've handled Cerberus, all other mass-market cases feel cheap and flimsy. That being said, you definitely get the sense that it isn't ready for prime-time yet.

Reactions: Biowarejak

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
After you've handled Cerberus, all other mass-market cases feel cheap and flimsy.

It's weirdly sturdy considering the steel is only 20 gauge. I can't imagine what the Compact Splash must feel like, the steel on that is twice as thick!

you definitely get the sense that it isn't ready for prime-time yet.

Not yet, hopefully the next run will get all the little annoyances fixed though.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I'll check that this week end if you want. If i understood, i just need to check if gpu can fit in second pcie 16 ?

Mainly check if there's a gap between the card and the frame towards the top of the card like here:

Hey I'd be up for another uh...loan.

Even if the next run isn't open to the public, we can work something out since it was my mistake in not making clear these issues to you ahead of time.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Mainly check if there's a gap between the card and the frame towards the top of the card like here:

Even if the next run isn't open to the public, we can work something out since it was my mistake in not making clear these issues to you ahead of time.
Before this week-end I've checked my google photos album to see if I took picture of this area :

is it helping?

I don't remember seeing so big gap between case and gpu...but I'll double check that during this week end.