Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

nemesis429

Caliper Novice
Aug 10, 2016
Made an account just to post in this thread (that's how much I love this case :D).

Any chance of you doing a type of grey for the colour and will you still be doing that window panel that you showed previously that I loved soo much.

Cheers!

Reactions: cmyk78

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Made an account just to post in this thread

Welcome to the forum!

Any chance of you doing a type of grey for the colour and will you still be doing that window panel that you showed previously that I loved soo much.

No on the grey, there isn't enough demand and we have to limit the number of colors to keep logistics to a sane level. Yes on the partial window that's in many of the pictures.

nemesis429

Caliper Novice
Aug 10, 2016
Welcome to the forum!

No on the grey, there isn't enough demand and we have to limit the number of colors to keep logistics to a sane level. Yes on the partial window that's in many of the pictures.

What about a non powder coated one, Would that be possible, for me to get powder coated myself?

Also (excuse my ignorance if someone has already asked) any estimate on when the prototypes will be available for purchase and will you ship to the UK if they are available for purchase?

Cheers again bud.

Last edited:

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
What about a non powder coated one, Would that be possible for me to get powder coated?

We weren't going to offer bare panels before partly because they would rust, but since they're aluminum now that's a possibility.

Also (excuse my ignorance if someone has already asked) any estimate on when the prototypes will be available for purchase and will you ship to the UK if they are available for purchase?

I hope there's worldwide shipping

No ETA yet, but we will ship internationally.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
That too, so bare aluminum won't be a finish option. It's just something we may consider for the prototype run for those wanting to powdercoat/paint the panels themselves.

candyman

Caliper Novice
Mar 27, 2016
I've missed some posts... So it will be aluminum?
Steel option was abandoned? :(
The dark grey too for a deep black? :(

What a pity the original Cerberus Kickstarter campaign failed!
It would be better for sure.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Exterior panels will be aluminum, the rest is still steel. The tariff situation turned out not to be that bad, we had already decided to go with aluminum for the panels for weight savings and the perceived quality.

Grey was something we had considered but there isn't enough demand to justify offering. I was just comparing the original black on the Kickstarter prototype to the new black for the production design in my comment earlier.

hardcore_gamer

electronbender
Aug 10, 2016
Congrats for creating the world's smallest no-compromise PC case!
One question : is it possible to fit three 120mm radiators ( 1x CPU AIO, 2x GTX Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme Gaming Water cooling) in this case? Power supply: front mounted silverstone sx700-lpt.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Congrats for creating the world's smallest no-compromise PC case!

Thanks! But I'd argue that since two RAM slots and a single GPU isn't really a limitation anymore that the NCASE M1 best takes that title, especially for gamers.

One question : is it possible to fit three 120mm radiators ( 1x CPU AIO, 2x GTX Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme Gaming Water cooling) in this case? Power supply: front mounted silverstone sx700-lpt.

If the radiators for those cards is 25mm thick then maybe they'll both fit on the bottom with slim fans. So then the CPU rad can go on the bracket or maybe on the front under the PSU depending on the rad dimensions.

If the rads for the cards don't fit on the bottom then that won't work, there isn't any room for the 2nd card's rad.

hardcore_gamer

electronbender
Aug 10, 2016
Thanks! But I'd argue that since two RAM slots and a single GPU isn't really a limitation anymore that the NCASE M1 best takes that title, especially for gamers.

M1 can't play Crysis (3, at 4K 60fps) :)

If the radiators for those cards is 25mm thick then maybe they'll both fit on the bottom with slim fans. So then the CPU rad can go on the bracket or maybe on the front under the PSU depending on the rad dimensions.

If the rads for the cards don't fit on the bottom then that won't work, there isn't any room for the 2nd card's rad.

What about 1 on the top (near the PSU), 1 above the CPU and 1 at the front ?

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
Trying to decide which build to proceed with first for the prototype. I'm getting cold feet with the server build since Xpenology was nuked by DSM 6 and FreeNAS was written by deaf sysadmins wizards with IPMI. But at least hardware-wise there is no question about fitment.

That leaves the gaming/general purpose build. The 1080 FTW is just under the 130 mm max recommended height but waterblock terminals add 24 mm of height...making it 153.626 mm tall. Rrgh, I was hoping to avoid reference PCBs...

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
What about 1 on the top (near the PSU), 1 above the CPU and 1 at the front ?

There's no room at the top for a radiator.

well, looks like it probably can if you stick a pascal titan x in it...

There's a bunch of computer hardware reviewers in London for some kind of Nvidia event. Could be the 1080 Ti.

The 1080 FTW is just under the 130 mm max recommended height but waterblock terminals add 24 mm of height...making it 153.626 mm tall.

Just leave the side panel off, problem solved.

Anthony

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2015
For either the prototype case or the production models, could steel panels be requested? Honestly, I would much rather pay an increased cost on the case and shipping than have aluminum. So long as it's under $400, it's a done deal for me. I desperately need 100/200 pounds of steel on my desk that isn't easily damaged or pulled/scooted/pawed off said desk haha.

Plus, magnets... I'll call my build the gender bender; it secretly wants to sing folk music.

Reactions: candyman