Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

forstsiven

Chassis Packer
Jun 2, 2016
A few questions:

1. Could you comment on available colors?

2. I didn't know about Cerberus when the original Kickstarter ran, how could i put myself in line for one (assuming things are on track for a production run)

3. Perhaps already stated, my apologies if so (I'm on mobile), I assume that there will not be any see through panel. Correct?

Thanks for your time answering these questions, and your continued efforts. Best of luck!

Reactions: Phuncz

Peribsen

Case Bender
Aug 8, 2016
Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've been wanting a super small mATX case for a while - in fact, ever since I first built my computer. Now that this is actually happening, I'm so excited!

I basically have the same questions as above: Color? Throwing money? Clear side panel?

I'm totally willing to support by getting the prototype.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
1. Could you comment on available colors?

Definitely black. Probably red, white, and blue ('Murica!) but it doesn't look like we'll offer others for now.

how could i put myself in line for one

Either keep track of this thread or sign up for the newsletter: http://www.kimeraindustries.com/subscribe

I assume that there will not be any see through panel.

If you mean a full-panel window/acrylic panel, then we will not offer it.

This case is fantastic. Can't wait to get in on a prototype runs.

Welcome to the forum!

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Also welcome!

How minor?

The only one who will notice is me, no functionality changes as a result.

Panels will still be powder coated though, yes?

Correct.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Definitely black. Probably red, white, and blue ('Murica!) but it doesn't look like we'll offer others for now.
Patriot Edition confirmed ?

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
Alright, so what will the price be for a single unit of this prototype run? Will it be considerably more than the kickstarter campaign price?

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
We haven't finalized the price yet but it'll be more than $300 and less than $600. Probably towards the lower end of that range but we're not 100% yet.

Peribsen

Case Bender
Aug 8, 2016
So with no acrylic side panel in the prototypes, is it a possibility to get a prototype and switch out the aluminum panel with an acrylic one (assuming I can get one in the [possible] production run) later? Gotta show off that Strix 1070...

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
is it a possibility to get a prototype and switch out the aluminum panel with an acrylic one (assuming I can get one in the [possible] production run) later?

To be clear, the partially windowed side panel as pictured with the current prototype will still be an option.

What we will not be offering is a full panel window.

chanberg

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2015
We haven't finalized the price yet but it'll be more than $300 and less than $600. Probably towards the lower end of that range but we're not 100% yet.
... yikes... $600 on the upper range..... that's an astronomical price for a computer case...

vpr

Cable Smoosher
Apr 2, 2016
Assuming there are no major faults with the prototype run, how much time would you estimate between the end of the prototype run and the start of the production run.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
$600 on the upper range..... that's an astronomical price for a computer case...

That's just for the prototypes and even then it probably won't be that high. Really the prototype run is intended for our internal testing and validation, we're just opening it up to those with money to spare who want to help us test the design. And if you consider the first prototype cost $2600 it's cheap by comparison :p

Assuming there are no major faults with the prototype run, how much time would you estimate between the end of the prototype run and the start of the production run.

1-6 months. It will probably be much less than 6 months but we've demonstrated a remarkable inability to hit deadlines thus far so I'll be conservative. Really, I shouldn't be making time estimates because I'll just jinx myself XD

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
... yikes... $600 on the upper range..... that's an astronomical price for a computer case...

Pre-production run of a case that already had niche appeal, coming from a US manufacturer.

But at least it ain't In-Win H-Tower money.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
And some RACING sticker also adds some speed most likely, seems legit. Is it still the more understated matte red shown a year ago ? I loved that color and texture.