Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Chromavoid

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
There are certain parts you can get by emailing Sliger. I'm not sure if this is one of them. But it wouldn't hurt to ask, I assume.
Thanks for the suggestion. Its no longer available but they said they have a few remaining without glass in the warehouse. I ordered one, now I need to find someone who can likely custom cut some plexiglass!

Reactions: MuffinCrumbs

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion. Its no longer available but they said they have a few remaining without glass in the warehouse. I ordered one, now I need to find someone who can likely custom cut some plexiglass!

That’s great. But wouldn’t that ruin the nice powder coating. Or you are probably going to re-apply it on the edges. Perhaps regular paint will do. Idk.

Could be relatively easy to cut with a dremel multi-tool and then get some acrylic plexi glass from eBay or something.

Interesting project.

Chromavoid

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
Im not sure I follow. They have the side panel (half vented half glass) but without the glass. So I ordered one and will try to custom fit a piece of plexi-glass. Not sure how I will do that but I'll give it a shot!

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
Im not sure I follow. They have the side panel (half vented half glass) but without the glass. So I ordered one and will try to custom fit a piece of plexi-glass. Not sure how I will do that but I'll give it a shot!

Do you know what size of the plexiglass you need?

I wonder if one could put 3M command velcro strips on the edges of the acrylic plexiglass, for the inside, and then attach it to the panel. I literally use command strips for everything. They're easy to take off, and to put on. I love the strong velcro on it. And they are strong enough to handle 3 lbs per set, one box having three sets (6 pieces). Not that the plexiglass is 3 lbs or more. it is probably way light than that.

Maybe I could do this too. Hmm...

Reactions: Chromavoid

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

In fact Sliger stopped production of this half vented/windowed panel. Got one of them.

Basically, plexiglass is hold by double face tape from 3M. @KSliger could share which tape exactly it was please?

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
No plans with CaseKing, but we are working with another distributor called DensityLabs out of Slovakia.

If you have time to wait and want to save I would wait for an upate on that. Otherwise our site is only option.

Would require a full change of the layout, no plans right now to do that sorry.

Alright, you don't happen to have an ETA regarding availability on DensityLabs, do you?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
The 3700x seems terrific. I assume you will keep your CH6. Go all on in the 3900?
I'm still hesitating.
3700X is terrific but I'm still missing some data on how to unleash all its power (OC on all cores seems not to be the right path). I want to inflate its tdp, reaching cooling capacity i can provide...especially C6H motherboard...not sure we will have all fine tuning of X570 or even X470.

3700X, 3800X or 3900X that's the question..;)

Reactions: TheHig

Chromavoid

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
Do you know what size of the plexiglass you need?

I wonder if one could put 3M command velcro strips on the edges of the acrylic plexiglass, for the inside, and then attach it to the panel. I literally use command strips for everything. They're easy to take off, and to put on. I love the strong velcro on it. And they are strong enough to handle 3 lbs per set, one box having three sets (6 pieces). Not that the plexiglass is 3 lbs or more. it is probably way light than that.

Maybe I could do this too. Hmm...
I dont know. I'm thinking it would be nice to have a custom cut panel of plexi so it fits right into the cut out, but I'm not sure how to execute this... I dont even know how the currently available full plexi panel is fitted and secured.

I dont think Command velcro would allow a panel so sit flush with the panel, the gap might be too big?

Last edited:

Chromavoid

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
In fact Sliger stopped production of this half vented/windowed panel. Got one of them.

Basically, plexiglass is hold by double face tape from 3M. @KSliger could share which tape exactly it was please?
is the plexi cut to it sits flush with the outer plane of the panel? Or is it simply a rectangle of plexi taped inside with a noticeable ridge or gap between the case and the plexi? If that makes sense...

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
is the plexi cut to it sits flush with the outer plane of the panel? Or is it simply a rectangle of plexi taped inside with a noticeable ridge or gap between the case and the plexi? If that makes sense...
plexi is taped inside the side panel (nothing visible from outside)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yeah. If one can leverage all those cores the 3900x seems like the best all around CPU for the money as of today.
In fact my concern is related to Crosshair VI hero support to zen 2 processor. I see tons of misc. reports...but globally it's far from being a smooth experience.

Thus I'm thinking to redo combo MB+CPU. I want quick booting time (my C6H bios is taking ages to post...not related to dram training as I saw other X370 mb post quickly. I suppose long post time is related to additional asmedia controller on C6H)

I'll let you know.

Reactions: TheHig

FlexMentallo

Efficiency Noob
Jul 1, 2019
Gah. Started poking around in my new Cerberus case tonight, am I missing something super obvious or how the hell am I supposed to unscrew the hinge screws without stripping them? They are in crazy tight, they seem to be made of weak metal and all the philips heads I have can’t budge them and seem like they are starting to strip them. Guess I have to try and build around it somehow.

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
Gah. Started poking around in my new Cerberus case tonight, am I missing something super obvious or how the hell am I supposed to unscrew the hinge screws without stripping them? They are in crazy tight, they seem to be made of weak metal and all the philips heads I have can’t budge them and seem like they are starting to strip them. Guess I have to try and build around it somehow.

Sorry, I didn't understand you correctly.

I removed the hinge easily. Didn't have any problems with it. Unless, you mean you want to remove the back screws of the hinge, those that are on the left side of the case. Well, those aren't really screws. But you lift the hinge upwards, and slowly take the hinge out.