Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I don't have any measurements, would vary with how you want to route them and your components.

A.wypt

Chassis Packer
Jan 17, 2018
Here's my configuration for the cable length from CableMod;

24 Pin ATX;
PSU - 350mm - 24 Pin

Quad SATA Power;
PSU - 150mm - SATA - 50mm - SATA - 50mm - SATA - 50mm - SATA

6+2 Pin PCI-E; PSU - 200mm - 6+2 Pin

I used the original provided 4+4 ESP to save cost.
PSU is front loaded with type connector pointing to the floor.
Your SATA length might be longer depending on where you place it, and how much you space out between drives. Same for PCI-E.

Sigurd

Chassis Packer
Jan 24, 2018
Here's my configuration for the cable length from CableMod;

24 Pin ATX;
PSU - 350mm - 24 Pin

Quad SATA Power;
PSU - 150mm - SATA - 50mm - SATA - 50mm - SATA - 50mm - SATA

6+2 Pin PCI-E; PSU - 200mm - 6+2 Pin

I used the original provided 4+4 ESP to save cost.
PSU is front loaded with type connector pointing to the floor.
Your SATA length might be longer depending on where you place it, and how much you space out between drives. Same for PCI-E.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Any confirmed 240 aio for bottom of Cerberus ? Just ordered case now trying to figure out cooling. Thank you

On Sligers website:

garekinokami

Case Bender
New User
Aug 15, 2018
Long time lurker, wanted to post some pics of my build.

8700K, MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC, Corsair DDR4 3000MHz, Seasonic Prime Titanium with Cablemod cables, Nvidia Titan Xp with Raijintek Morpheus (yes, no VRM Heatsink and fans are connected to motherboard), 250GB Samsung SSD, 2TB Crucial MX500 and Samsung 860 500GB m.2.

Obvious Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans all around. Best fans I've ever used when compared to the NB eLoop, Corsair ML120s and the AF120 and SP120 (SP120s were the worst fans I've used, lol)

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Long time lurker, wanted to post some pics of my build.

8700K, MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC, Corsair DDR4 3000MHz, Seasonic Prime Titanium with Cablemod cables, Nvidia Titan Xp with Raijintek Morpheus (yes, no VRM Heatsink and fans are connected to motherboard), 250GB Samsung SSD, 2TB Crucial MX500 and Samsung 860 500GB m.2.

Obvious Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans all around. Best fans I've ever used when compared to the NB eLoop, Corsair ML120s and the AF120 and SP120 (SP120s were the worst fans I've used, lol)

Looks good!

Have you tested thermals on the GPU with all of the fans on the bottom reversed to intake?

garekinokami

Case Bender
New User
Aug 15, 2018
Looks good!

Have you tested thermals on the GPU with all of the fans on the bottom reversed to intake?

When I did it with the ML120s, the temps were a good bit warmer for everything. Couldn't give you any numbers, but it didn't work as well as having GPU's and case's bottom fans exhaust. I stuck with it since I got the Noctua fans. GPU stays around 65C, no warmer than 70C at 4K60 or 1440/144Hz. Fans ramp up to about 1800RPM under full load.

Reactions: FoskcoRS5

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Thought I would share some of the builds I have done with this amazing chassis. Kahlin has been awesome to work with as well!! I love this series so much I cant even say enough good things about it!!

Amazing setup : dual 240mm radiator or dual sfx psu setup!
Impressive work!

On dual 240 radiators, please could you share your watercooling stuff? Quite many people are interested in those kind of dual 240mm radiators!

Reactions: TheHig and Nanook

Furyan

What's an ITX?
Aug 16, 2018
Hi all, first post here. Stumbled on Cerberus a couple months ago and decided to give it a go. I finished a custom water loop with hard tubing with a micro ATX Mobo and 8700k CPU / 1080 Ti hybrid. Wanted to post a pic of the loop/setup before attaching SFX psu/power cords/fans to give an idea of how the loop, etc., fit in the case. It was fairly difficult, but then again, it was my first hard tube loop, so there was a bit of a learning curve. The Phanteks Glacier reservoir (with my integrated 35x pump) was essential for making this work with a rear-mounted SFX psu.

So far the 8700k CPU @ 4.8GHz is idling at 37C and 55C under load with Prime 95. The GPU is idling at around 40, but at full 1440p/144hz load during Unigine Superposition at extreme settings, it's around 70C. The idea for this build was to exhaust the hot air from the GPU out the back as much as possible. I'm also going to reverse the bottom fans to see if that will give me some more headroom with the GPU.

Next iteration of this build will be to include a slim radiator in place of the hybrid radiator and see if 360 slim will be enough to cool the 1080 Ti plus the 8700k CPU and mobo.

I'll post a build log when I can get to it... :)

remiscs

Efficiency Noob
New User
Aug 4, 2018
Amazing setup : dual 240mm radiator or dual sfx psu setup!
Impressive work!

On dual 240 radiators, please could you share your watercooling stuff? Quite many people are interested in those kind of dual 240mm radiators!

Thank you. These are all workstations and I try to think them through to be bullet proof and easy to work on (except for the EK one lol). The EK one was more of a show build but is functional as well. ALL of the z370 ones are at 5ghz with the 8086k and delids. The one with the two P6000 is a 12 core 7920x, 128GB RAM, NVME 970 PRO and Gigabyte x299 gaming 7 PRO.

The dual Corsair SF600 is for function above looking cool. I use them in the i9 builds so that I am not obstructing airflow over the RAM and VRM as well as in order to use a slim fan for either intake or exhaust. I get the ability to run 2 8pin EPS and 4x 8pin PCIe connectors and have plenty of power on tap. I modded the first harness but later I had Wazz Modz make the cables for me. All it takes is the signal from the 24pin to go to the second PSU. The client does not need to use the system any differently other than connecting two power cables to it.

For the EK loop one I posted I started off with the EK Liquid 240 copper kit then added a second coolstream PE240 radiator (same as kit). Most of the fittings were either 90 or 45, I think there was literally only two straight compression fittings on the loop and those were at the front radiator. I designed the loop so that the swing out door could come out partially for replacing/swapping out RAM easily. The video card is a EVGA GTX 1080 ref. pcb.

I used the slim 120x15mm noctua fans on the front radiator in pull for clearance and the top one as intake. The bottom radiator is set for exhaust with the new NF-A12 fans. It was important for me to do those in pull/exhaust so that they can run at 2000rpm without any weird harmonics from the vents in the chassis. I have more images of it but I had to build it so quickly for a trade show that I really wish I documented the parts list better. I genuinely love that build.

I cant say enough good things about Sliger and Kahlin though. Great to see them making these for Kimera/Chimera.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Thank you. These are all workstations and I try to think them through to be bullet proof and easy to work on (except for the EK one lol). The EK one was more of a show build but is functional as well. ALL of the z370 ones are at 5ghz with the 8086k and delids. The one with the two P6000 is a 12 core 7920x, 128GB RAM, NVME 970 PRO and Gigabyte x299 gaming 7 PRO.

The dual Corsair SF600 is for function above looking cool. I use them in the i9 builds so that I am not obstructing airflow over the RAM and VRM as well as in order to use a slim fan for either intake or exhaust. I get the ability to run 2 8pin EPS and 4x 8pin PCIe connectors and have plenty of power on tap. I modded the first harness but later I had Wazz Modz make the cables for me. All it takes is the signal from the 24pin to go to the second PSU. The client does not need to use the system any differently other than connecting two power cables to it.

For the EK loop one I posted I started off with the EK Liquid 240 copper kit then added a second coolstream PE240 radiator (same as kit). Most of the fittings were either 90 or 45, I think there was literally only two straight compression fittings on the loop and those were at the front radiator. I designed the loop so that the swing out door could come out partially for replacing/swapping out RAM easily. The video card is a EVGA GTX 1080 ref. pcb.

I used the slim 120x15mm noctua fans on the front radiator in pull for clearance and the top one as intake. The bottom radiator is set for exhaust with the new NF-A12 fans. It was important for me to do those in pull/exhaust so that they can run at 2000rpm without any weird harmonics from the vents in the chassis. I have more images of it but I had to build it so quickly for a trade show that I really wish I documented the parts list better. I genuinely love that build.

I cant say enough good things about Sliger and Kahlin though. Great to see them making these for Kimera/Chimera.
Love each of them!! How is the performance of the bottom mounted radiator?? Thanks man!

Skoobs

What's an ITX?
Aug 18, 2018
Can someone help me figure out my build in one of the Cerberus uATX (non-X version)?

So far my plan is to use a full ATX power supply, and an EVGA CLC 280 with the radiator mounted on the bottom.

Will the radiator and one set of fans fit in the bottom without running into the motherboard? or should I go for an ITX motherboard to avoid clearance issues? I will only be using 1 graphics card for the forseable future but if there wont be any clearance issues I will just go ahead and get a uATX motherboard just in case.

Also, has anyone fit the front and the bottom with dust filters? Ideally I would like to have a full 280 sized dust filter on both. I guess I see no reason why the paper-thin FF143W wouldnt work just fine.

remiscs

Efficiency Noob
New User
Aug 4, 2018
Can someone help me figure out my build in one of the Cerberus uATX (non-X version)?

So far my plan is to use a full ATX power supply, and an EVGA CLC 280 with the radiator mounted on the bottom.

Will the radiator and one set of fans fit in the bottom without running into the motherboard? or should I go for an ITX motherboard to avoid clearance issues? I will only be using 1 graphics card for the forseable future but if there wont be any clearance issues I will just go ahead and get a uATX motherboard just in case.

Also, has anyone fit the front and the bottom with dust filters? Ideally I would like to have a full 280 sized dust filter on both. I guess I see no reason why the paper-thin FF143W wouldnt work just fine.

My experience with test fitting a 280mm at the bottom and matx is to avoid it personally. It will cover the bottom PCIe slot but its so wide it will make connecting the front power switch cables hard. My one thought if I needed to bottom mount would be to go 280mm with 120mm Noctua NF-A12 perhaps above the RAD.

You can front mount it in the Cerberus-X easily and still fit up to a 10.5" card like the EVGA video cards and such.

I have been meaning to explore filters myself but has not been a high priority.

Love each of them!! How is the performance of the bottom mounted radiator?? Thanks man!

8086k delid 5ghz 1.360v load, GTX 1080 boosting to 2000mhz stock Using realbench for 2hrs in 81F ambient temps were:
CPU 78C
GPU 46C

CPU only: OCCT 1HR large data set 5ghz 1.360v 80F ambient temps only 73C which is very good considering the clock speed along with 1.36v.

When the CPU and GPU are at fully load, the CPU temps are similar to a CPU only AIO Thermaltake 280mm with ML140. The CPU only load temps are very good in comparison to the AIO setups I have tried.

Reactions: TheHig

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

My experience with test fitting a 280mm at the bottom and matx is to avoid it personally. It will cover the bottom PCIe slot but its so wide it will make connecting the front power switch cables hard. My one thought if I needed to bottom mount would be to go 280mm with 120mm Noctua NF-A12 perhaps above the RAD.

You can front mount it in the Cerberus-X easily and still fit up to a 10.5" card like the EVGA video cards and such.

I have been meaning to explore filters myself but has not been a high priority.

8086k delid 5ghz 1.360v load, GTX 1080 boosting to 2000mhz stock Using realbench for 2hrs in 81F ambient temps were:
CPU 78C
GPU 46C

CPU only: OCCT 1HR large data set 5ghz 1.360v 80F ambient temps only 73C which is very good considering the clock speed along with 1.36v.

When the CPU and GPU are at fully load, the CPU temps are similar to a CPU only AIO Thermaltake 280mm with ML140. The CPU only load temps are very good in comparison to the AIO setups I have tried.
@remiscs I strongly agree and recommend to avoid any 280mm at the bottom of cerberus/x with matx/atx motherboad in order not to cover mb i/o.
@Skoobs if you insist on 280mm rad, itx mb will be a better choice to avoid any interferences.