Production cases FX 4.2L / FX 4.9L by Custom_MOD

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
I was live building in a 3h Stream with an AERO ITX, Custom_MOD 4.7L and RYZEN 3600 @4.4GHz all-core with some noise & temperature testing and some gaming (Cyberpunk 1080p & 1440p):

Hopefully its useful for some of you! :)
Thanks for the video friend! We do not have such video cards in Ukraine, so we cannot shoot such a video.

Reactions: k0n and GucksTV

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I've tested another cooler for the Custom_MOD FX 4.5L that supports up to 43mm Coolers:

For anybody who is trying to decide between a Noctua NH-L9 or ID Cooling IS-40X

Last edited:
Reactions: sergiiua

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
For the first time I looked at a video card from Palit in action. I liked her. Well built, absolutely quiet when idle, and not very noisy in games. Upset by the lack of protection on the back of the card. Who loves the RGB backlight there is such a thing.

So I put together the assembly and played some games. The temperature of the video card ranged from 70 to 74 degrees Celsius at room 22. The temperature did not change much when I removed the covers from the case, by about 2-3 degrees.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Assembly for work in Photoshop, Lightroom.

Case: FX STL 4.7L white
Riser: LiHeat 300 Type.D
MB: AsRock B560M-ITX/AC
CPU: intel Core i5 11600 box
GPU mini-ITX: Palit GTX 1050ti StormX
RAM: 32Gb T-Force Vulcan Z 3200MHz
PSU: Seasonic SSP-300SUB +Noctua fan
SSD 1Tb Team MP33

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
hey guys! :) I wish you all a merry christmas and beautiful hollidays with your family & friends. <3
as a little present I've done a small Build Log and thought I share my experiance with the Custom_Mod FX 4.5L and MSI B550i + RTX 3060 12GB AERO ITX...wish I've had the Ti but maybe next year the GPU market will get better for all of us:

@sergiiua thank you for your amazing work and I wish you all the best for 2022...

Reactions: sergiiua

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Finally I've got my Review and comparison between the Noctua NH-L9a AM4 vs. Thermalright AXP90-X36 online! ;)
You will be surprised guys! Later I will upload the Benchmarking results as picture to the forum, but feel free to check out my video!

Maybe some of you might find those coolers useful for the Custom_Mod Cases. :)

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I've got here my first impression to the FX600 from SilverStone:

Quick Unboxing & Noise Test included. But yea just a quick one in 60 sec. everything you want to know...
idle noise and while gaming (Cyberpunk 1440p ULTRA Settings with an RYZEN 5600X & RX 6700 XT)

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I really don't know how the situation is right now, but I wish @sergiiua all the best for his company, his life and the life and future of his country. I did one last Video in the Custom_Mod FX 4.5L I had in my shelf which now has a new happy owner. Its a beautiful system which really shows the DIY 2022 SFF spirit in all its facets and beauty. :) Hope you like the build! <3

#nowar

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
So, a new revision of the FX 4.7L case
In preparing this revision, I had two goals, to make the model easier to manufacture and to remove the screws from sight.

According to the specification, it is the same as the old one, except that it is lighter. This model is completely aluminum, except for the internal baffle.

Reactions: GucksTV

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

New revision of the case FX 4.9L rev.4​

• ▶️ Size: 225 x 190 x 115mm
  • ▶️ Aluminium case 1.5mm thick
  • ▶️ We press nuts with a 3mm thread
  • ▶️ Removed all screws from the front of the case
  • ▶️ 1.5mm inner baffle
  • ▶️Powder paint "Black Metallic"
Contents of the case:
  • ▶️MB: ASUS Strix B550I
  • ▶️Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • ▶️GPU mini-ITX: MSI aero RTX 3060
  • ▶️RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix
  • ▶️Power supply: FSP flexGURU 500W
  • ▶️Cooler: ID-Cooling 47K + Noctua fan
  • ▶️SSD1: T-FORSE Cardea Liquid 512 GB
  • ▶️SSD2: Samsung EVO 1TB
This summer was very hot in southern Ukraine. I had to test the computer in extreme conditions. My office lacks air conditioning, so the room temperature was as high as 30°C. I had to set the GPU power limit to 70%. Also, the CPU voltage has been capped at 1.1v. The resulting temperatures of the GPU and the CPU were kept around 70-75°C, which I found to be acceptable for gaming. Removal of the side covers also led to a slight decrease in temperature and noise.

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
Hello @sergiiua
I see that in the 3.8L version the panels latch onto the case rather than being screwed in like in the 4.5L version. Would it be possible for you to make a 3.8L case but with the design of the 4.5L one, with the screws rather than the little latches? Personally I just think it looks better and prefer the cleaner look but not sure if that's possible!

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hello @sergiiua
I see that in the 3.8L version the panels latch onto the case rather than being screwed in like in the 4.5L version. Would it be possible for you to make a 3.8L case but with the design of the 4.5L one, with the screws rather than the little latches? Personally I just think it looks better and prefer the cleaner look but not sure if that's possible!
yes i can do it.