Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

crazydave48

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2017
Nope- mine is apparently still being painted, so will probably take a while to arrive. Hoping it'll be shipped this week!
As someone in batch 7, that doesn't give me high hopes of my case being shipped by tomorrow as stated on page 1 lol

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
As someone in batch 7, that doesn't give me high hopes of my case being shipped by tomorrow as stated on page 1 lol

The Cowboys have a better shot of winning the Superbowl!!! But at least you are in 7, I'm in 8. But I'm also in no real hurry, as I'm sure it will worth it when she arrives.

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
Yeah, this is best handled as an Order and forget it kind of thing and then be super happy when it shows up 4 months later :) Did that with my batch 1 case and will be doing it again with my batch 8 case.

The Cowboys have a better shot of winning the Superbowl!!! But at least you are in 7, I'm in 8. But I'm also in no real hurry, as I'm sure it will worth it when she arrives.

Batch 1 I think was delayed around 3 months so Sergii is getting it together and it looks like his quality of work is getting a lot better as well.

Reactions: loader963

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Every month we have delays and this is very bad. We are doing everything possible to avoid delays. This does not always work out. We also want to do better each time. This also affects the time. Thank you all very much for your patience and sorry for the delay.

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
Every month we have delays and this is very bad. We are doing everything possible to avoid delays. This does not always work out. We also want to do better each time. This also affects the time. Thank you all very much for your patience and sorry for the delay.

From the pictures I have seen and things Sergii has mentioned to me their quality has gone up a ton since the first batch. Super excited to compare a batch 8 case to case #006 from Batch 1. The wait is 100% worth it. You will be the envy of all your friends.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
From the pictures I have seen and things Sergii has mentioned to me their quality has gone up a ton since the first batch. Super excited to compare a batch 8 case to case #006 from Batch 1. The wait is 100% worth it. You will be the envy of all your friends.

Any chance you have a build log posted here or elsewhere ( a la pcpartpicker) we can look at? Most peeps post pics but I’d like to see more builds with parts lists and in depth opinions on their configuration.

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
Any chance you have a build log posted here or elsewhere ( a la pcpartpicker) we can look at? Most peeps post pics but I’d like to see more builds with parts lists and in depth opinions on their configuration.

I don't have a build log or really any special parts as of now. I had big plans for the case originally, but it just took too long to come. I ended up building something else with the parts I had so for a while this was just spare machine, but I sold my other computer so I had to upgrade this a little bit. Currently it has an i5-4690k and a gtx980ti and a z97 board. Its nothing special but it gets the job done. Cooling isn't great which is to be expected, but if leave the side panels off it has no problem. My side panels are only held on with magnets anyways which sounds cool but doesn't work great. I think that got changed in later batches. Every time I bring it somewhere, which is really easy to do, people are impressed that its a full computer.

If you have any particular questions just lemme know.

amb9800

Chassis Packer
Sep 6, 2017
Any update on batch 6?
As of today, mine has apparently been built and will be shipped sometime soon.

Now hoping to receive it in the US by sometime in early January, so I can turn this giant stack of component boxes into a little PC (the 1080 Ti box alone is bigger than the SFX Mini).

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
still waiting on the tracking number here. apparently there were issues with the painting so he had to get it redone, which added to the delay.

crazydave48

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2017
still waiting on the tracking number here. apparently there were issues with the painting so he had to get it redone, which added to the delay.

That really seems like something everyone should be notified about, or posted on the front page. I can totally deal with delays but the utter lack of communication and being left in the dark is extremely frustrating.

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
That really seems like something everyone should be notified about, or posted on the front page. I can totally deal with delays but the utter lack of communication and being left in the dark is extremely frustrating.
yeah I pmed him directly for that. it was, however, over two weeks ago. no responses since. I honestly did not think we'd have a 2 month delay on this batch.

BozoSilvia

Trash Compacter
Sep 14, 2017
Don’t be afraid to message him. He is in Ukraine and they are ahead quite a bit compared to the US I would always message him almost daily every night and I’d get a response when I woke up and even the in the am if I messaged back. I’m sure they got caught up with stuff. Is the case worth the wait? It’s not until you have the case in your hand lol

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Whenever I have pm’ed him he has always responded by next day as well. But yeah he doesn’t update the threads as often as others would like. And he may be a bit optimistic on his timelines. Still have faith in him though as i was on the fence for a long while before picking this case up. Hopefully he will post some updates soon.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Last news.

Batch #12 (8 cases limit). Open for orders until JANUARY-20. Cases will ship before FEBRUARY-30.
Discount on cases is 15% for the whole Batch #12.

Batch #9 (6 cases sold out). Cases will ship before JANUARY-30. revision and modification of the drawings, sending the order to the factory
Batch #8 (11 cases sold out). Cases will ship before JANUARY-15. assembly and sending in painting.
Batch #7 (3 cases sold out). assembly, inspection, packaging and shipping

Cases received some refinement. case SFX mini 6.4L rev.2.3 / case SFX aio 9.9L rev.4.3
1. A more rigid internal partition with a thickness of 2 mm. starting with Batch # 7
2. Mounting for PSU SFU is omitted by 3 mm. starting with Batch # 7
3. Added screw-fastening front cover. (screws only from below) starting with Batch # 6
4. A stiffer upper lid thickness of 2mm. Only 2 fixing screws remain on top. starting with Batch # 9

All of you can offer your ideas for improvement and refinement. We will be grateful to you.

Last edited:

TanZ

Efficiency Noob
May 24, 2017
My case just arrived.. and from my first impression, it is a good case. But some screw are missing and there is no dust filter like sergie told us will be included..Later i will build it and post it..