Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
Update 3 Mar 2018
- Prototype arrived.
- Kit for water cooler.
- Kit for SFX PSU.
- Kit for increasing CPU cooler height.
- Add bending and CNC production method.
- Add more 2 model in series:

All models are same type, only dimensions are different.
Model L support Full Length GPU and internal SFX PSU:

Model S unibody aluminum with 3L volume is world smallest ITX case that can hold ITX board and Gaming GPU card (1060 and up).
MODEL M Prototype:
My fabrication method work excellent:
See all image : https://flic.kr/s/aHsku2s4jK

Some change:
Kit for SFX PSU:

Kit for increasing CPU cooler height and water cooler (mounted side panel):

I will not test thermal performance because sure it better than other case (see ventilation system) and the MB in image not working.
I also provided bending version with same price. Look same but no screw in front panel.

Note: 100$ starting price for carbon steel version.
Update 14-02-2018:
-Change some design for premium looking ( Picture will be update after finishing prototype).
-350W Internal PSU solution for both 110V-220V system.
-Add feet.
-Remove aluminum model, add carbon steel powder coated model.

First monster in my series monster ITX S arrived, ready for order with the starting price just from 100$.
Specification:
Size:336x220x68mm (Without feet)
Max VGA L: 215mm.
Max CPU cooler H: 50mm.
4 x 60mm fan slot.
2x2.5" drive.
Support inside PSU: (Hdplex AC/DC 300W + Hdplex DC/DC 400W) or my PSU solution (350W AC/DC + 24pin DC/DC +12V Semi conductor Breaker).
Special: Hdplex AC/DC 300W +dual HDplex 160W nano, this configuration allow you to install 215mm GPU with fully inside PSU.
Material : Carbon Steel or stainless steel with Acrylic or glass top and bottom.
Finished: Sand blast (Stainless steel) or powder coated (carbon steel).
Color Silver, Black
Design:
https://flic.kr/p/222xb2y

Production technique: (Update, change the way to hook the sheets)
I'm thinking too much to find a good price and quality solution and I found a technic that I called "LEGO FABRICATION": the new way is hook the sheet by sub plate and some screw so don't need welding, case can be easy to disassembly.
this one allow us to connect any plate without screw just small welding to fix, so we can easy produce in small quantity.
Mount standoff to bottom plate by flat screws.
Power plug solution is 4pin ATX male, it's small and popular one, each case including 4pin female to standard AC power cord cable.
by this technique, the products will be easy to be produced with good price and quality.
Any information about each batch will be informed to you. If you have any question please comment .

Last edited:

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
Would like to see a finished product and some sample builds before you start asking for orders
I'm not asking you for order man, if you like this project you support by order, if you want more information just asking, almost manufacture will not show you some sample build, they just show you specification for you to choice.
It's take long time to order accessories and to reach 50 orders so I place order here for all you to be delivered soon.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Interesting. Some questions:

1. The corner connections. I can see it from the 3D diagram but unfortunately they are not visible in the photos. Perhaps can show more?
2. Can explain more about spec (input, output, etc) of the 300W/220V PSU solution? Are these internal? Or still need external adapters, or?

Please don't be offended, I guess these are some reasons people want to see sample builds:

1. They want to know if the components actually fit in the case. As we all know, smaller size = tighter tolerance required. We've seen some cases where, they are good on paper, but actually very hard to work with. In some extreme situation, people are not able to install their motherboard and/or GPU in the case.
2. How should the cables be routed inside?
3. How's the thermal performance?
4. ... and so on.

If you see some of the existing popular cases here, they all come with sample builds and thermal testing.

Other than that, keep up the good work! :thumb:

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
Interesting. Some questions:

1. The corner connections. I can see it from the 3D diagram but unfortunately they are not visible in the photos. Perhaps can show more?
2. Can explain more about spec (input, output, etc) of the 300W/220V PSU solution? Are these internal? Or still need external adapters, or?

Please don't be offended, I guess these are some reasons people want to see sample builds:

1. They want to know if the components actually fit in the case. As we all know, smaller size = tighter tolerance required. We've seen some cases where, they are good on paper, but actually very hard to work with. In some extreme situation, people are not able to install their motherboard and/or GPU in the case.
2. How should the cables be routed inside?
3. How's the thermal performance?
4. ... and so on.

If you see some of the existing popular cases here, they all come with sample builds and thermal testing.

Other than that, keep up the good work! :thumb:
Sorry for not much information, I have to do many thing myself so I just show some essential information, I will update all latter.
1. See the actual ( not weld yet):

2 This AC/DC 300W (Fanless): (It's fully inside)

It's mounted fully inside, you don't need any adapter outside. But if you use fully inside PSU solution Max VGA L is 180mm (Gigabyte mini series).
Spec : input 175-240V
Output 12V, 25A.
DC breaker:

Switch on power for VGA card (upto 20A)
And a standard 12V 24Pin DC board.
I leave my job and just started the project so I have to manage budget carefully, that why I have to think carefully for sample build.
Cable will be OK, this case has much enough space.
Thermal will be OK for 65W CPU and will be better if you select ventilation top side. you can also install 4x60mm fan.
My calculation is good and before do massive fabrication I will test all to make sure any spec is OK.
Thanks for interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: ignsvn and br3nd0

Craiga35

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2017
Forgive me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that PSU not work with North American wall outlets? The outlets normally only go up to 120v and that PSU is rated for 175v on the low end.

Reactions: RoLexus

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
Forgive me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that PSU not work with North American wall outlets? The outlets normally only go up to 120v and that PSU is rated for 175v on the low end.
New model Update : 350W working voltage : 90 ~ 264VAC

blubblob

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
You are aware that 200mVp-p ripple/noise is way out of spec for desktop hardware, right?

If this is the Meanwell UHP-350 I'm also pretty sure 350W output require the PSU to be mounted to a sizable aluminium plate, otherwise it has to be derated to 250W @110VAC

Reactions: RoLexus

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
You are aware that 200mVp-p ripple/noise is way out of spec for desktop hardware, right?

If this is the Meanwell UHP-350 I'm also pretty sure 350W output require the PSU to be mounted to a sizable aluminium plate, otherwise it has to be derated to 250W @110VAC
This PSU does not directly support power to motherboard, it support via 24pin board with other filter circuit, so it will be no problem for motherboard. For VGA 12V with vpp 200mV is OK.
Thermal is the problem with all fan-less PSU at 100% load, I saw that and considered to add 60mm fan to this PSU.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
This PSU does not directly support power to motherboard, it support via 24pin board with other filter circuit, so it will be no problem for motherboard. For VGA 12V with vpp 200mV is OK.
Thermal is the problem with all fan-less PSU at 100% load, I saw that and considered to add 60mm fan to this PSU.

Pretty sure 12V ATX plug in dc board don't filter. That's the point of using them, making them cheap and simple.

I'm not sure how that affects real usage though. Generally ere on the side of caution and properly follow the very lax ATX specs. Good psu nowadays have 20mV ripple specs already.

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
Pretty sure 12V ATX plug in dc board don't filter. That's the point of using them, making them cheap and simple.

I'm not sure how that affects real usage though. Generally ere on the side of caution and properly follow the very lax ATX specs. Good psu nowadays have 20mV ripple specs already.
My DC board will filter!
Please provide some spec that show 20mV Vp-P which manufacture show it? 120mV is accepted that mean with 3V with 120mV is OK so less than 4% Vp-p is OK.
In the future I will design and fabricate PSU to make sure everything is in high quality.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
My DC board will filter!
Please provide some spec that show 20mV Vp-P which manufacture show it? 120mV is accepted that mean with 3V with 120mV is OK so less than 4% Vp-p is OK.
In the future I will design and fabricate PSU to make sure everything is in high quality.

120mV is the 1% spec for 12V ATX. The ATX specs are published so you should be able to check requirements for each rail.

An EVGA psu for example is 15mV ripple.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=429

Beloved SF450 is 25mV.

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
120mV is the 1% spec for 12V ATX. The ATX specs are published so you should be able to check requirements for each rail.

An EVGA psu for example is 15mV ripple.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=429

Beloved SF450 is 25mV.
That is test result under stable input voltage, almost manufactures don't want to show it. Remember the spec in the table above is maximum Vp-p that mean in bad input power condition. I will test in stable input condition when the actual unit arrival. remember Meanwell UHP-350 is not cheap unit, the price is same range with HDplex 300W AC/DC.

blubblob

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
That is test result under stable input voltage, almost manufactures don't want to show it. Remember the spec in the table above is maximum Vp-p that mean in bad input power condition. I will test in stable input condition when the actual unit arrival. remember Meanwell UHP-350 is not cheap unit, the price is same range with HDplex 300W AC/DC.
I'm pretty sure the max Vp-p ripple/noise specification is the maximum allowed value under stable input voltage and rated load. The data sheet says as much.
Test reports for sample units are actually freely available on the mean well site, so we don't have to do much of a guessing game.
At 230VAC/50Hz @100% load the test unit had a max ripple voltage of 129mVp-p. Which is in spec of the manufacturer but also outside of ATX requirements.

The maximum allowed ripple (in the ATX requirements) for the 3.3V (and 5V) rail is 50mVp-p btw.