CableMod NCASE M1 Cable Kits - help!

CableMod Community

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
Hey guys,

you may have noticed my activity in this forum and on reddit (r/sffpc) recently - for the ones that just tune in now, we at CableMod want to expand our offering in regards to SFF cables and here is what we have cooking:

1) Low Profile connectors on both the motherboard & PSU end.
2) Non-sleeved wires (can handle up to 2000W) with a custom developed black (option 1) & transparent (option 2) very flexible isulation.
3) Users will be able to custom design cables for all popular SFX models via our Configurator (https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/)
4) On top of the custom cables we plan to make cable kits for popular PSU models & SFF cases with our channel network such as Amazon, Caseking, PC CASE GEAR and others.

In regards to 4) to offer suitable cable kits we would like to work with you guys to find out what cable length each cable type should have and which cable types should be in the kits - your input in regards to this would be much appreciated!

Looking forward for some input from you guys!

CableMod

Kanelbulle

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
Hi! Im currently planning and building in an sff Ncase M1 as we go so im always looking to improve and simplify things, cables are one thing.

Using ASUS Z390-i gaming board plus Seasonic SGX-650 PSU in standard orientation as follows:

Its very tight as it is so low profile connectors is a good thing to add, as wells as very flexible cables ;)

Measuring takes me to somewhere around these:

1 x 24PIN 200mm

1 x 4+4 EPS 400mm (or single 8 EPS ?)

2 x 8 PCIE 140mm

1 x SATA Power 150-200mm

Like this:

But would also like For SATA power cables, the distance to the first connector, then distances between the next to be like 10mm ?

For example: If you sandwich two ssd 2.5" drives in front location you need a cable that's 150-200mm to the first SATA connector, then ~10mm between the first and second connector.

Color BLACK no fancy multicolor crap... or better yet, case is matte black, psu is matte black, mobo is matte black = MATTE BLACK cable color option ;)

How big is a low profile connector ??? On my Seasonic SGX-650 the stock included cable connector is protuding 10mm out from the PSU itself and whole connector is 20mm... can low profile go down to lets say 5mm protuding so the whole connector is 15mm in height ???

Sure would help alot clearing graphics card...

Price is another concern, looking at your configurator now making all nessacary cables added up in total what the whole PSU costed me in the first place so im not keen on that... seriously lower price is needed!
All cables shouldn't cost more than a third of the price of the PSU itself (hopefully a quarter) you do the math!

Thats just my two cents on this thanks for listening to your fans!
/Kanelbulle

Reactions: Qrash

Kanelbulle

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
Is this still on the works?
Also have a Ncase m1, waiting for a custom kit. Would be awesome (and practical)

Ciao
F.
Any news?
I am also interested in a kit for this case, I have the same SFX PSU as @Kanelbulle

Will launch in about a week (Finally!) says Cablemod on reddit just now... dont take my word for it, its been "coming soon" for about half a year already

I have talked to other cable makers in the meantime and since then re-measured my case and so forth... better measure twice and cut once !

So im thinking these instead of my preavious post:

Mind that i do have longer PSU: Seasonic Focus SGX650 instead of popular Corsair SF600 which is about 25mm shorter

1 x 24PIN 250mm

1 x 4+4 EPS 450mm (or single 8 EPS ?) routing on back of mobo

2 x 8 PCIE 300mm (im watercooling so routing beneath waterblock to the front of case and back)

1 x SATA Power 200 + 100mm (for connecting 2 SSD stacked in front)

1 x Molex 300mm (for waterpump juice)

Allowing some millimeter of slack is just good i think instead of coming up short... case is tight as it is ;-)

Reactions: berglh

TheMEXiCAN99

Chassis Packer
Aug 26, 2020
Reviving an old-ish thread with this one. But I have an ncase and the only parts I haven't acquired yet are the PSU and the GPU. To date, I feel like the 3080 FE is going to be fine for me if it wasn't for that damned 12pin GPU connector. However, seasonic are willing to provide a free cable so you don't need to use that horrid adaptor:
So I'm curious to see how @Kanelbulle and other builders got on with this particular PSU and their experience custom cables in particular.

Thanks,
Nik

ThatThereTim

Cable Smoosher
Aug 30, 2020
Hey folks, I'm currently building in an Ncase M1 v6, with the Crosshair VIII Impact, Asus TUF 3090 and a Corsair SF750. I've been trying to figure out the custom cable lengths. I'm measuring with a sewing kit tape measure (super flexible!) and reckon its about 200mm for the ATX and EPS, and about 210 for each of the 6+2pin PCIe. Wondering if this is in line with what anyone else has tried? Thanks in advance!

MrFlamey

Cable Smoosher
Aug 18, 2019
I just bought an MSI Ventus 2x 3060Ti, which fits in the NCASE with ease, but now I realise that I should probably get hold of some custom cables, since those coming out the Corsair SF600P I have are quite stiff and thick, and clearly not designed with SFF in mind, despite the PSU being an SFF PSU. My setup is almost exactly the same as posted above by KanelBulle (with different GPU and PSU, but same mobo, so layout would be the same), and since I am thinking about getting a beefier card if/when they become available I'm a bit worried about the cables becoming the thing that stops anything larger than the Ventus 2x fitting in the case, since I had to remove my case fan just to have somewhere to squeeze them all.
EDIT: Yes, I definitely am a cable smoosher :D

ThatThereTim

Cable Smoosher
Aug 30, 2020
Hey folks, I'm currently building in an Ncase M1 v6, with the Crosshair VIII Impact, Asus TUF 3090 and a Corsair SF750. I've been trying to figure out the custom cable lengths. I'm measuring with a sewing kit tape measure (super flexible!) and reckon its about 200mm for the ATX and EPS, and about 210 for each of the 6+2pin PCIe. Wondering if this is in line with what anyone else has tried? Thanks in advance!
Quick update on this:
- Cablemods are now shipping to the UK again (hurrah).
- Looks like the lengths (Ncase M1 + Corsair SF750) are 20cm for 24pin and CPU, and 21cm for each of the 2x PCIe 6+2 (going in to an Asus TUF 3090).
- Talking to someone with the same setup but 17cm custom cables: they felt 17cm was too short and they would have preferred an extra inch on them to be comfy/safe.

Also, I've ordered some of these 180 degree GPU power adaptors to see if it slims the profile down even more: ASHATA 8pin Graphics Card Power Connector ,Computer: AmazonSmile: Electronics

ThatThereTim

Cable Smoosher
Aug 30, 2020
Quick update on this:
- Looks like the lengths (Ncase M1 + Corsair SF750) are 20cm for 24pin and CPU, and 21cm for each of the 2x PCIe 6+2 (going in to an Asus TUF 3090).
- Talking to someone with the same setup but 17cm custom cables: they felt 17cm was too short and they would have preferred an extra inch on them to be comfy/safe.

Also, I've ordered some of these 180 degree GPU power adaptors to see if it slims the profile down even more: ASHATA 8pin Graphics Card Power Connector ,Computer: AmazonSmile: Electronics

HaveeAirs

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 13, 2020
Quick update on this:

Did you end up building in this yet? I am building with this exact same setup. SF750, CI8, and RTX 3090. I reached out to DreamBigByRay on Etsy and he gave me the following lengths: 250mm for mobo, 350mm for cpu and 200mm for pcie. Very different from yours, wondering if yours would be nicer?

ThatThereTim

Cable Smoosher
Aug 30, 2020
Did you end up building in this yet? I am building with this exact same setup. SF750, CI8, and RTX 3090. I reached out to DreamBigByRay on Etsy and he gave me the following lengths: 250mm for mobo, 350mm for cpu and 200mm for pcie. Very different from yours, wondering if yours would be nicer?
Ah, yeah they do sound fine!
  • My CPU cable is 20cm as I'm using the Asus Crosshair VIII Impact so the CPU power is next to the 24 pin, rather than being over by the VRMs: ROG Crosshair VIII Impact | ROG Crosshair | Gaming Motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG United Kingdom (asus.com)
  • I added 1cm on the pcie cables thinking it'd give me more room if I curl them round from the GPU, but the 180 degree adaptors make that extra cm totally unnecessary, 20cm is definitely enough.
  • 20cm for the mobo should be enough, from what I measured, but an extra 5cm won't hurt, and there's more than enough space to tidy it easily - right now I'm just using the mega mahoosive long cables that come with the SF750 and I've managed to cable tidy them away, so yep there's definitely enough room for 25cm for mobo to be no problem - in fact, might even be better, because it'll probably work for the PSU being in the front position if you ever want to try the "wedge" air cooling setup.
None of the cables have arrived yet, so put a big disclaimer over all of the above - I was measuring using sewing kit measuring tape: so super flexible and I tried to curl it around how the cables will be tidied away.

HaveeAirs

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 13, 2020
Ah, yeah they do sound fine!
  • My CPU cable is 20cm as I'm using the Asus Crosshair VIII Impact so the CPU power is next to the 24 pin, rather than being over by the VRMs: ROG Crosshair VIII Impact | ROG Crosshair | Gaming Motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG United Kingdom (asus.com)
  • I added 1cm on the pcie cables thinking it'd give me more room if I curl them round from the GPU, but the 180 degree adaptors make that extra cm totally unnecessary, 20cm is definitely enough.
  • 20cm for the mobo should be enough, from what I measured, but an extra 5cm won't hurt, and there's more than enough space to tidy it easily - right now I'm just using the mega mahoosive long cables that come with the SF750 and I've managed to cable tidy them away, so yep there's definitely enough room for 25cm for mobo to be no problem - in fact, might even be better, because it'll probably work for the PSU being in the front position if you ever want to try the "wedge" air cooling setup.
None of the cables have arrived yet, so put a big disclaimer over all of the above - I was measuring using sewing kit measuring tape: so super flexible and I tried to curl it around how the cables will be tidied away.
Yes same! I plan on using the Impact as well. Ah that totally makes sense why it'd be 20cm, totally hadn't caught that the CPU power is by the other side instead of the usual location on ITX boards. Thanks for that! So would you say /suggest that 24pin + CPU cables can be the same length?

So:

- 250mm 24 pin
- 250mm cpu
- 200mm pcie

Torn about using low profile connectors for the GPU, just seen a lot of uncertainty. If I plan to use the TUF 3090 w/o the low profile adapters, would you then recommend the 210mm instead of 200mm?

I do plan to use an AIO, but "the wedge" might be interesting too in the future!

briant1234

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 22, 2021
Has anyone ordered 250mm 24pin/cpu vs 200mm? I'm about to place an order as well and looking for help :) If I'm running low profile 180 adapters for the GPU, and I'm measuring ~150mm for the PCIE, should I go with 170mm or 200mm?

River

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 23, 2021
Hi! Im currently planning and building in an sff Ncase M1 as we go so im always looking to improve and simplify things, cables are one thing.

Using ASUS Z390-i gaming board plus Seasonic SGX-650 PSU in standard orientation as follows:

Its very tight as it is so low profile connectors is a good thing to add, as wells as very flexible cables ;)

Measuring takes me to somewhere around these:

1 x 24PIN 200mm

1 x 4+4 EPS 400mm (or single 8 EPS ?)

2 x 8 PCIE 140mm

1 x SATA Power 150-200mm

Like this:

But would also like For SATA power cables, the distance to the first connector, then distances between the next to be like 10mm ?

For example: If you sandwich two ssd 2.5" drives in front location you need a cable that's 150-200mm to the first SATA connector, then ~10mm between the first and second connector.

Color BLACK no fancy multicolor crap... or better yet, case is matte black, psu is matte black, mobo is matte black = MATTE BLACK cable color option ;)

How big is a low profile connector ??? On my Seasonic SGX-650 the stock included cable connector is protuding 10mm out from the PSU itself and whole connector is 20mm... can low profile go down to lets say 5mm protuding so the whole connector is 15mm in height ???

Sure would help alot clearing graphics card...

Price is another concern, looking at your configurator now making all nessacary cables added up in total what the whole PSU costed me in the first place so im not keen on that... seriously lower price is needed!
All cables shouldn't cost more than a third of the price of the PSU itself (hopefully a quarter) you do the math!

Thats just my two cents on this thanks for listening to your fans!
/Kanelbulle
I have same psu but i couldnt manage to turn around psu for fresh intake, how did you do it