CableMod DAN Case A4-SFX Cable Kits

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
The cable lengths in the Dan A4 are all going to depend on what your setup is, unfortunately I don't think you can standardize it.
What PSU are you using, a SFX or SFX-L. Some PSUs require sense wires while others do not.
Are you going to put a radiator under the PSU : You'll need unsleeved cables if you do.
What is your motherboard layout
What is your GPU

I just purchased my Dan A4 to put a Strix 450i + Ryzen 3600 (air cooled) in along with a Corsair 650 platinum and a 5700xt. I will try and report back on what the lengths of my particular setup should be.

I disagree.

While I do agree with you that there are valuables in every system, the case is still the same size as everyone elses. Hence for motherboards etc, sure the connectors can be placed differently, yet it's an ITX board. There aren't that much space on the board itself and not that many "odd" ones out there.

Are you going to put a radiator under the PSU : You'll need unsleeved cables if you do. - No you don't. I have a Asetek 645LT and I've used the included sleeved cables that come with the SF750 and it worked.

This person has custom ones for the Dan A4 and I've used the 8 pin CPU, 1x 6 PCIE and 1x 8 PCIE as well as an 24 pin, and they all fit perfectly. Keeping in mind I use the ASUS X470-I Gaming motherboard: https://www.pslatecustoms.com/collections/dan-a4-sfx

Reactions: funklizard and gDan

efenili

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 6, 2020
I disagree.

While I do agree with you that there are valuables in every system, the case is still the same size as everyone elses. Hence for motherboards etc, sure the connectors can be placed differently, yet it's an ITX board. There aren't that much space on the board itself and not that many "odd" ones out there.

Are you going to put a radiator under the PSU : You'll need unsleeved cables if you do. - No you don't. I have a Asetek 645LT and I've used the included sleeved cables that come with the SF750 and it worked.

This person has custom ones for the Dan A4 and I've used the 8 pin CPU, 1x 6 PCIE and 1x 8 PCIE as well as an 24 pin, and they all fit perfectly. Keeping in mind I use the ASUS X470-I Gaming motherboard: https://www.pslatecustoms.com/collections/dan-a4-sfx

Good points...for the most part you're right

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
He does yes, that is why they are custom made specifically for the Dan A4 case. As well as why you need to put in what motherboard and GPU model you are using, to get the perfect lengths :)

Shaytanya

Trash Compacter
May 5, 2020
Thanks for the great info, we will get sample kits with the lengths done that the DAN case guys suggested and do some testing. Those low profile connectors look great !
Is there any update on if this is going ahead (and if so when)?? - looking to start a DAN build and would love to have properly designed custom cables for this.

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
Same here, starting to build my new build in dan and still missing custom short unsleeved wires !

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Same here, starting to build my new build in dan and still missing custom short unsleeved wires !

PSlate customs, especially their 24 pin for the Dan A4 SFX, is all I'm saying. Once I installed it, I fully realized why I never got it in the first place, a huge game changer honestly and can not recommend it enough.

Joche87

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
Hi, i need cables for my asetek 645 in my dan a4, the stock cables are too hard to work with. Where can I buy? And which one is recommended? Need to ship
To Norway

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Hi, i need cables for my asetek 645 in my dan a4, the stock cables are too hard to work with. Where can I buy? And which one is recommended? Need to ship
To Norway

There are no cables for the Asetek 645LT, which is an AIO (All In One) liquid cooler. The only cable is the 3 pin from the pump itself that connects to the motherboard CPU header. Then the other is from the fan itself.

What I think you mean is that you need cables for your PSU to go inside the Dan A4 SFX.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
What shipping method did you choose?

I personally used the "UPS Worldwide Expedited", which got it delivered to my door in less than a week (including a weekend). Very fast shipping indeed, this was also during the initial heavily limiting international shippings due to Corona. So considering all of this, it was very fast.

tripmaster

Efficiency Noob
Nov 27, 2020
Just built up my Dans Case with the Corsair SF600 gold , Ryzen 3700x, 3070 and Gigabyte Aorus I Pro Wifi motherboard. Ziptie nightmare to get cables away from fan blades... so I'm thinking to order from Cablemod or pslatecustoms - leaning towards latter so I dont need to reopen case. Do I need the sense wires?

And - other than the 24 pin ATX cable, what else might be high thermal gains for replacing? Other cables seem far less obtrusive!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Just built up my Dans Case with the Corsair SF600 gold , Ryzen 3700x, 3070 and Gigabyte Aorus I Pro Wifi motherboard. Ziptie nightmare to get cables away from fan blades... so I'm thinking to order from Cablemod or pslatecustoms - leaning towards latter so I dont need to reopen case. Do I need the sense wires?

And - other than the 24 pin ATX cable, what else might be high thermal gains for replacing? Other cables seem far less obtrusive!
I have a set of pslate for my SF600 Gold, I don't have the sense wire and has been perfectly fine for about 1 1/2 years. You should only need the sense wire for the Platinum series.

Reactions: tripmaster

Roamer

Case Bender
New User
Oct 19, 2021
I bought them for a bit over 30€ on Etsy, so you might struggle to meet that price. Just normal connectors not low profile. Shipped from China in 2 weeks.

If an alternative set was available from CaseKing I would have chose it.

As for lengths Dan has some suggestions on his website, but I honestly think they could be too long with the AIO cooler. Also it would be hard to give a length that works for all, sionce pin locations depend per motherboard

Look at this guys low profile plugs, they look amazing for the AIO people
what were your lengths after all, with the aio included? I got Dan Case A4 4.0, Asetek 645LT, Corsair SF600 Platinum.