Power Supply Any interest in custom-length HDPLEX cables?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I think perhaps we are... too small?

Pretty sure they dropped HDPlex support as I have asked several times with no indication that they plan to support the units.

SoulTrain

Caliper Novice
Nov 26, 2017
I think there are a few here that can do custom cabling. I would like to limit the amount of excess cabling to a minimum with my new NFC-4 mini. Ill use the search button to find them. I dont trust myself to do any custom cabling except perhaps the chain to my toilet plunger.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I am planning to contact CableMod with my Dynamo pinouts and ask them if they can make recommendations for individual cables or partial cables sets for people to order. I would ideally like to make an "ideal" set for every major SFF case so that I can post the recommendations on SFFLab and people can go shopping for single cables as per my recommendations.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I think it's a combination of us being 'too small' and also sometimes having drastically different needs. Not only do different SFF layouts need different cable lengths, but different motherboards sometimes have different connector placements.

And having less exact lengths is arguably a lot more problematic in a SFF situation, you don't really want to have to manage excess cable. So I get the impression we probably are a bit "needier" of a consumer base, too, that requires more support. So that might also factor into us not suiting their model/scale well.

Reactions: Soul_Est