Log [Build Log] Ryzen X Meshlicious

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Your cable managment looks perfect.
Can you share your temperatures?
Thanks man, with some planning and patients it’s not that hard to make it clean!

as for temps I haven’t played around with it too much but so far idle GPU:35c/CPU:45c and while playing AC:Valhalla GPU:69-70c/CPU:60-61c

Reactions: Goreaction

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Very clean build, I have personally ordered PSlate Customs unsleeved cables for the Meshlicious, since those are thinner and much more flexible than traditional braided ones, such as yours. They can be easily routed behind the motherboard, which makes for a very clean build overall.

Interesting to see that you have put the AIO fans on the inside and as exhaust, rather than on the outside. Kinda looses their RGB function as they aren't that visible from the front.

I'm also going for that PSU orientation, with the TG panel. How do you think it will do? Being so close to the panel itself. I'm aware that you can flip the PSU bracket and hence have the PSU slightly floating and getting a bit room between it and the panel itself.

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Here are some pics of the Meshlicious in my setup, don't mind temp hdmi cable running from my monitor to my pc, waiting on an adaptor.

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Very clean build, I have personally ordered PSlate Customs unsleeved cables for the Meshlicious, since those are thinner and much more flexible than traditional braided ones, such as yours. They can be easily routed behind the motherboard, which makes for a very clean build overall.

Interesting to see that you have put the AIO fans on the inside and as exhaust, rather than on the outside. Kinda looses their RGB function as they aren't that visible from the front.

I'm also going for that PSU orientation, with the TG panel. How do you think it will do? Being so close to the panel itself. I'm aware that you can flip the PSU bracket and hence have the PSU slightly floating and getting a bit room between it and the panel itself.

I will admit the sleeved cables that come with the SF750 are slightly stiff but I had zero issues routing my PSU cables behind the motherboard, I would of even ran my 24pin behind the motherboard but then it would leave no way of hiding the two front I/O USB Cables.

Seeing how there is no exhaust in this case if you set the front fans as intake, I decided to listen to the information I seen in reviews and set them as exhaust and I'm very happy with the results and tbh the way i have my computer I see the RGB fans more as exhaust (refer to pics above).

PSU is perfectly fine at the setting farthest away from the window, I haven't even seen the fan turn on since I put it together.

Reactions: Dawelio

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
How's that PSU doing so close to the TG panel and is that the B550-I Strix motherboard? How does the VRM fan do? Does it spin up and if so, is it annoying or so?...

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
How's that PSU doing so close to the TG panel and is that the B550-I Strix motherboard? How does the VRM fan do? Does it spin up and if so, is it annoying or so?...
I rarely ever see the PSU fan turn on , and I’ve never noticed the vrm fan come on, and correct b550-I Strix

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I rarely ever see the PSU fan turn on , and I’ve never noticed the vrm fan come on, and correct b550-I Strix

Alright, now that's interesting. Especially considering you're rocking an 5900X and the VRM hasn't spun up yet. Have you gamed or benchmarked anything? Tried pushing that CPU somewhat to it's limit to try and load the VRMs some and hence see if the fan spins up?...

I'm wondering potentially if my 3080 OC Strix is more power hungry than your 6800 XT is and hence might actually start the PSU fan haha? :p

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

Alright, now that's interesting. Especially considering you're rocking an 5900X and the VRM hasn't spun up yet. Have you gamed or benchmarked anything? Tried pushing that CPU somewhat to it's limit to try and load the VRMs some and hence see if the fan spins up?...

I'm wondering potentially if my 3080 OC Strix is more power hungry than your 6800 XT is and hence might actually start the PSU fan haha? :p
IIRC the SF750 has a load-specific trigger of 300W for the fans to actually spin, so definitely has to be a GPU workload (gaming) as a single 5900X won't be pushing anywhere close to that.

On the other hand, VRM should be temp-controlled (based on my experience with the C8I and Strix 570-I), and dependent on the control in BIOS it might not even spin until temp reaches 60C

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
IIRC the SF750 has a load-specific trigger of 300W for the fans to actually spin, so definitely has to be a GPU workload (gaming) as a single 5900X won't be pushing anywhere close to that.

On the other hand, VRM should be temp-controlled (based on my experience with the C8I and Strix 570-I), and dependent on the control in BIOS it might not even spin until temp reaches 60C

Interesting, atleast now I know why my SF750 never spun up... Started thinking it was faulty or dead haha! 😅

Okay, well then the next question is how fast does it spin whenever it does start to? Is it 500rpm or like 6000rpm? Seeing as how loud it will get.

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020

I don't do benchmarking, I mainly use my PC for gaming, the only game I've seen that makes the PSU fan come on is when i was playing Gears4 Campaign.

as far as the my 5900x it usually sits around 60c while gaming, and both my m.2 sdds sit around 41c while gaming, so its not a hot box in this case. I will monitor my mobo temps later today while gaming and see how warm everything gets

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020

Hey man im not exactly sure which one of the temperature readings are the VRMs, i have Mobo Temp, Chipset, and in HW Monitor i have an addition 8 more temp readings ?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Hey man im not exactly sure which one of the temperature readings are the VRMs, i have Mobo Temp, Chipset, and in HW Monitor i have an addition 8 more temp readings ?
Make sure you have the latest stable BIOS, if it's still not showing in BIOS/hwinfo64, then it's a "feature" as below

Back when I was using the X570-I Strix, I didn't have VRM temps either, but now with the C8I, I have it.

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Make sure you have the latest stable BIOS, if it's still not showing in BIOS/hwinfo64, then it's a "feature" as below

Back when I was using the X570-I Strix, I didn't have VRM temps either, but now with the C8I, I have it.

Yaa just updated my bios to the latest, and checked both bios and HWmonitor and still nothing in regards to VRM temps. oh well lol

Reactions: thelaughingman

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
So my true 1.4 Display Port adaptor arrived and after installed, ive got zero flicker or issues using this adaptor! (Playing 1440p 144hz)

Reactions: Valantar

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
If I have time this weekend I think I’m going to work on some small improvements to cable management.. I’m going to try and hide the front panel I/O under the mobo tray with stock standoffs.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
If I have time this weekend I think I’m going to work on some small improvements to cable management.. I’m going to try and hide the front panel I/O under the mobo tray with stock standoffs.

Do that, that's what I did and it looked absolutely flawless. The only thing you saw when looking at the build, was just the actual pin in the motherboard and the small cable wrapping around the motherboard going to the back.

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Do that, that's what I did and it looked absolutely flawless. The only thing you saw when looking at the build, was just the actual pin in the motherboard and the small cable wrapping around the motherboard going to the back.
I will see how much I can fit behind there with the stock standoffs , I don’t think I can fit the two cables plus 24pin back there but I won’t know till I try

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I will see how much I can fit behind there with the stock standoffs , I don’t think I can fit the two cables plus 24pin back there but I won’t know till I try

Two cables plus 24 pin? Which two cables? Do you mean the PCI-e cables?... I only had the EPS cable and 24 pin going behind the motherboard, with the power button as well. The PCI-e cables I ran next to the side of the spine, between the motherboard/GPU and front radiator. Tied them down next to the tie downs along the spine.