Brickless S4M w/ GTX1080 and i8700k - Dual PSU *completed*

gbellman

Trash Compacter
Nov 7, 2019
No just the HDPlex... seems I have been surfing on the edge of its capacity with my overclocked CPU and have since replaced it with a MeanWell RHP that remains completely unimpressed by whatever Inthrow at it!
that's one of my doubt when they said 400w can support system with 1080ti, for me even 500w also is quite risky, unless their 400w DC-DC have some sort of amplification, or else it'll be super high risk, system shut down or worse burnt ?

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
@petricor just know that your cable management is absolutely the gold standard for Skyreach 4 Mini and S4M-C cable management I've ever seen, hands down. It's black, its sleek and not too thick, leaves plenty of negative space for ventilation of heat, it's amazing!

You inspire me to want to sleeve my S4M-C's cabling, although i wont lol, as its all already matching in the stock black cable format, and they're super thin, allowing maximum ventilation without blocking airflow

EDIT: I also have to ask, do you still have this build? If so, what use case do you use it for on the regular?, as i notice you're also building that beastly water-cooled S4M lol

Last edited:
Reactions: petricor

petricor

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
May 12, 2018
@petricor just know that your cable management is absolutely the gold standard for Skyreach 4 Mini and S4M-C cable management I've ever seen, hands down. It's black, its sleek and not too thick, leaves plenty of negative space for ventilation of heat, it's amazing!

You inspire me to want to sleeve my S4M-C's cabling, although i wont lol, as its all already matching in the stock black cable format, and they're super thin, allowing maximum ventilation without blocking airflow

EDIT: I also have to ask, do you still have this build? If so, what use case do you use it for on the regular?, as i notice you're also building that beastly water-cooled S4M lol
Cheers!
Yes I still have it, it’s alive and kicking- use it for VR and 3D work and will do so until my next-Gen version is complete!
The project started off with pondering over how I could get a Mac (purely aesthetic choice) VR capable- and eventually realising that rather than investing into overpriced and underperforming eGPUs I might as well build a high performance PC in an enclosure just as small...
And that’s pretty much how I use it still- unless I plug VR glasses in, I access it through RDP on an IMac - in 5k!