ASUS 2080TI DUAL OC

Abbie Doobie

Cable Smoosher
Oct 1, 2017
I'd like to know as well. Personally I would want to remove their fan shroud and just rely on the dual noctuas I have below the card currently (using an Arctic Accelero III right now).

DrDaveDeath

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 1, 2018
Sure here you go!

I also took the shroud off, it was super simple, I think 5 screws. 3 of which were easily accessible and then 2 that were inbetween fan blades so a little more fiddly but not impossible. I don't know if this is the same as previous DUAL cards.

The heatsink goes a little over the 2 slots by about 5-7mm.

Fans are attached to the actual heatsink (again don't know if this is the same has previous DUAL cards).

Fans are connected to the card with this connector.

To remove the fans there are 4 screws per fan.

I did place the card in the Ncase without the shroud attached but forgot to take a photo (DOH!). I measured there being about 23mm between the heatsink and the bottom of the case.

It's worth noting that the current fans sit about 3-4mm off the heatsink, they are not particularly flush.

Which Noctua fans do you have? I am thinking a couple of NF-A12x15 PWM fans mounted to the bottom of the case would be pretty good? Although I don't know if that would cause issues and 92mm fans mounted directly to the heatsink would be better...?

Hope this is helpful!

Last edited:

DrDaveDeath

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 1, 2018
Right, quick update. Not good.

A spare set of https://www.nzxt.com/products/aer-p lying around, so I took the shroud off again and the left fan to see if it would fit. It does fit, BUT the fan is prevented from spinning (whichever way you face it) by the bit of metal circled below:

92mm fans will work fine, but I would worry about the coverage you'd get. Would probably need 3 x 92mm fans to cover the whole heatsink.

In addition to this, the connector to the PCB is a weird one (I think it does both fans and RGB) and that cable is connected to the right fan which has a female normal pwm fan connector which the other fan then connects to.

So it would seem like its gonna be a lot of effort to get this card working.

Also for reference, this is the fan:

Abbie Doobie

Cable Smoosher
Oct 1, 2017
Sure here you go!
...... (pics snipped out)

To remove the fans there are 4 screws per fan.

I did place the card in the Ncase without the shroud attached but forgot to take a photo (DOH!). I measured there being about 23mm between the heatsink and the bottom of the case.

It's worth noting that the current fans sit about 3-4mm off the heatsink, they are not particularly flush.

Which Noctua fans do you have? I am thinking a couple of NF-A12x15 PWM fans mounted to the bottom of the case would be pretty good? Although I don't know if that would cause issues and 92mm fans mounted directly to the heatsink would be better...?

Hope this is helpful!

I wanted to retain my 25mm noctua pressure fans, not even including the 2mm or so rubber gasket between case and fan. Sounds like I may not be able to... dang.

MxP12

Efficiency Noob
Oct 11, 2018
Hi. I also have the same 2080ti and I am currently awaiting for my m1. How are the temps if you just leave the stock shroud and cooler without any fans on the bottom? Thanks

DrDaveDeath

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 1, 2018
Hi. I also have the same 2080ti and I am currently awaiting for my m1. How are the temps if you just leave the stock shroud and cooler without any fans on the bottom? Thanks

Hey sorry for the lack of reply! Temps were as you'd expect really, up to high 80s under load and it sounded like a jet engine!

This card actually died on me and I ended up returning it for a refund. Replaced it with the Gigabyte Windforce 2080Ti and the cooling is a lot better in my opinion. Gets to low 80s at high load but the fan noise is so much more pleasant.