News ASRock Readies Next-Gen DeskMini & DeskMeet PCs With AMD X600 & Intel B760 Motherboards

mike349

Trash Compacter
Mar 28, 2017
As a last resort, I turned to ASRock that I have DeskMini H110 with the widely known iGPU problem (link) and can they somehow help me. They asked my DeskMini serialnumber and turned out that they have repaired H110M-STX motherboards to sell. The price was 60€ (includes shipping from Netherlands) - Of course I screamed "TAKE MY MONEY" 🤩 and communication was pretty fast. UPS delivery left everything to be desired, too slow, but finally it arrived. I was like a child to move parts from old motherboard to "new" one. Did fresh Windows install, everything was perfect...until...FREEZE! For ***** sake, really! 🤯 Repaired one, they said...my hairy ***! That feeling, when you wanted something so much that solves your problem and then it doesn't...This arrived one is even worse than my broken one, because all you need is a couple of web browsers and youtube - done, complete freeze. Tried to play Lords Mobile in Steam, game cant even open - freeze or shut down. Tried to this Intel Extreme Utility tool trick - even this doesn't work (works with my broken one) - I don't know, what they repaired, but to use DeskMini I had to again move parts to my broken one...Do I have missed something ? 😝 I alose contacted with them, let's see, what they offer for solution, because at the moment this 60€ is very bad investment. 😉

Update: After extensive testing I contacted ASRock again and told them that the motherboard they sent me, is defective. First of all they tried to deny, because they also tested it before they shipped it...but after I told them that I changed CPU, tried different RAM-s, power supply - suddenly they decided to sent me another one. I wasnt too thrilled at first, but after I replaced all the components and did my daily things...so far so good. Then tried heavy tasks and SOLID!
So, at this point I have now working H110M-STX motherboard and I'm really happy that after this mess I can use my DeskMini how I used too. Keep rollin'

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2021
DeskMeet X600 specs leaked ?
Personally, I don't care much about the DeskMeet, they are nothing exceptional because they are simply small chassis equipped with a microATX motherboard most of the time, the DeskMini are masterpieces of engineering and miniaturization with their cases of less than 2 liters of volume and their motherboards in miniSTX format, where we do not find any of these particular characteristics on the DeskMeet because they are only compact desktop PCs.

mike349

Trash Compacter
Mar 28, 2017
FINALLY!!!!! :D

ASRock DeskMeet X600/DeskMini X600 Series Launches Ready for AMD AM5 Ryzen™ Processors

ASRock announces its new DeskMeet X600 and DeskMini X600 series, ready for AMD AM5 Ryzen™ processors up to 65 watts. These two models have the best mix of high performance and great features at a reasonable price, including the support of AMD AM5 CPU, DDR5 memory, PCIe® 5.0 M.2 SSD and 2.5G LAN.

DeskMeet X600 series has many exciting features such as four DDR5 memory up to 256GB, PCIe® 5.0 technology for M.2 SSD and Dragon 2.5G Ethernet. Furthermore, the fan of the 500W ATX power supply is optimized to improve and get better thermal performance. With the PCIe® 4.0 graphics card support, the DeskMeet X600 series is the best choice for building a powerful yet affordable content creation and AI system.

DeskMini X600 series is the world's first AMD AM5 Mini STX Platform. It supports AMD AM5 65W CPU and provides two DDR5 SO-DIMMs, bringing outstanding computing power and graphics performance. DeskMini X600 series offers two SATA ports, two M.2 slots including Blazing M.2 Gen5 SSD, super-fast 2.5G LAN and three video outputs for maximum expandability and functionality in the mini size.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Sweet, one step closer to STX X600. Don't get too excited just yet though, there usually a couple of months between the announcement and launch of the deskmini's.

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2021
Sweet, one step closer to STX X600. Don't get too excited just yet though, there usually a couple of months between the announcement and launch of the deskmini's.

NOW CONFIRMED! ASRock DeskMini X600!!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
Oh great here comes a wallet destroyer

8700g benchmarks indicates it has parity with Ryzen 780m at 4800mhz ram speed, so it should scale nicely with 6000mhz ram.... awaiting more benchmarks
It's still pretty bad though and being murdered by Meteor Lake iGPU. I'm not sure what 6000mhz ram would do to bridge that gap.
AMD have sat around too long with this, Intel hot on their heels.
780m isn't much better than 680m to be fair.
Yes you got extra FSR and AV1 but the perf just isnt there anyway lol.

Strix Halo APU is the only thing worth considering (if it ever gets a desktop SKU) and that's a way off yet.

Enthusiasts will pay for a performant APU.
Enterprise clients would also pay for performant APU's
It's just too small a market for AMD to commit to or they just don't see big enough profits in it.
Capacity is also a thing being limited to TSMC, there's only so much wafer production they have allocated and as we know the majority of that goes to Epyc these days.

Last edited:

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
It is pretty good Intel has caught up, although they won't put that in a desktop chip we can expect to see those chips show up in the asrock industrial stx and nucbox series, and possibly Erying will bring this to their itx hybrid board.

Reactions: HydrAxx747

b_force

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2019
I am actually extremely excited for the 8600G/8700G for a project that I wanted to do in a very long time.

Just all that's available didn't quite cut the mustard, but I think these will. :)
There are some other alternatives, but it all require so much custom design.

Reactions: HydrAxx747

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
From the spec sheet at ces the rear io is unchanged with only two USB 3.2g2 instead of adding another two USB to the rear for some reason. Unknown if that is because of a limitation of Amd's die or just laziness at asrock.

Seems like Laziness since minisforum has 4x usb3.2g2 + 2x usb4 with dp alt AND Oculink and they managed this on 7000 series mobile chip mini pc um780

Last edited:

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
From the spec sheet at ces the rear io is unchanged with only two USB 3.2g2 instead of adding another two USB to the rear for some reason. Unknown if that is because of a limitation of Amd's die or just laziness at asrock.

Seems like Laziness since minisforum has 4x usb3.2g2 + 2x usb4 with dp alt AND Oculink and they managed this on 7000 series mobile chip mini pc um780
Do the different generation chips have different layout of their IOD? Maybe MinisForum included a small mobile chipset or hub instead?

Or... most likely, ASRock wanted to keep things cheaper and easier.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Do the different generation chips have different layout of their IOD? Maybe MinisForum included a small mobile chipset or hub instead?

Or... most likely, ASRock wanted to keep things cheaper and easier.
That is one of the things I liked about the DeskMini B660 is the 2 additional USB ports.

Reactions: SFFMunkee