News ASRock Readies Next-Gen DeskMini & DeskMeet PCs With AMD X600 & Intel B760 Motherboards

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2021
So there hasn't really been a presentation of ASRock "DeskMini X600" in Mini-STX format like for the A300/X300 in their time, it's really sad 😞 ... But maybe they are waiting for the release official of the next Ryzen "7xxxG/GE" APUs, so the adaptation of "Phoenix" die on Socket AM5?

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
Yes, they are probably waiting on the 7000G since that is what it is really designed for. And hopefully, it will be a similar implementation of the Knoll activator so will run without a chipset like AM4, which gives it even higher power efficiency.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Yes, they are probably waiting on the 7000G since that is what it is really designed for. And hopefully, it will be a similar implementation of the Knoll activator so will run without a chipset like AM4, which gives it even higher power efficiency.
That's what I'm hoping for! Fingers crossed :)

Reactions: HydrAxx747

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
I got excited when I read that the latest 7000 PRO CPUs were out for laptops and desktops... but they're basically the 65W consumer parts with PRO features. :(
AMD really wants to keep us waiting!

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
I'm guessing if AMD lets us have something in 2023 we will most likely get the monolithic version of Rembrandt with RDNA2 Ryzen 680m (12CU), which on desktop with access to much faster/better memory (6000mhz++) should match or exceed the current mobile Ryzen 780m (Phoenix) offerings. It's much faster than Vega 8 but still not quite the level needed for "1080p everything".

If we see AM5 Phoenix before 2024 it would be quite a nice shock since these have only just been released on mini PC format (Minisforum UM790). They will probably have even better IMC so better memory overclocking potential, and we can expect something like 3,500 to 4,000 Timespy score so somewhere between RX6400 and GTX 1060 level. This quite an accomplishment by AMD as you are getting an RX6400 "on chip" and finally the performance needed for 1080p at decent visual settings.

Hopefully the SOC voltage is not locked down too hard and can be adjusted to help stabilize the very fast desktop memory, otherwise there isn't much point of AM5 Phoenix and might as well get a laptop. Depending on how capable the IMC is, we can hope for up to 30% more performance on desktop as the performance scales in a linear way with memory speed. We might also see that the IMC in AM5 Phoenix is actually superior to all the AM5 predecessors, since the 5700G had the best IMC of the entire AM4 lineup released before it.

Last edited:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Anyone knows, where to buy Deskmini H110M-STX motherboard in EU ?
I think you will only find one in a used Deskmini 110. H110 motherboards were briefly available from Asus (also Q170 ST) ASRock and Gigabyte but I only ever saw the Asus boards for sale in the UK. The last boards I saw for sale were Asus Q170 STX on Aliexpress 3 or 4 years ago.
I looked for some time for one to put my i5 7500 in, but gave up. I bought a used DM A300 in the end as it had dual M.2 slots and stronger integrated graphics

Reactions: Phuncz

mike349

Trash Compacter
Mar 28, 2017
I think you will only find one in a used Deskmini 110. H110 motherboards were briefly available from Asus (also Q170 ST) ASRock and Gigabyte but I only ever saw the Asus boards for sale in the UK. The last boards I saw for sale were Asus Q170 STX on Aliexpress 3 or 4 years ago.
I looked for some time for one to put my i5 7500 in, but gave up. I bought a used DM A300 in the end as it had dual M.2 slots and stronger integrated graphics

Thanks for fast reply! :)
I tried my best google search skills - nothing. The thing is, my DeskMini H110 works, but lacks performance, because It had freeze problems (pretty common) and only solution was to use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17021&title=solution-for-intel-graphics-freezing-system

Daily tasks, no problem, but everything that needs more GPU power, a lot of grey hairs :) Then I thought that if I find correct motherboard, I can carry on calmly until new DeskMini comes out and go for it.

My config:

Case: ASRock DESKMINI 110/B/BB Mini-STX
Mobo: AsRock H110M-STX
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-7600 6M Cache, up to 4.10 GHz
CPU cooler: Noctua - NH-L9i 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD
SSD2: Samsung 850 PRO SATA III 2,5" 256 GB SSD
HDD: Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2 TB ST2000LX001
WiFi: Intel Wireless-AC 9260 M.2 2230 + Bluetooth 5.0

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
You're welcome.
GPU power is a problem even with 5x00G APUs sadly.
You could create a more powerful setup using the M.2 slot to give you 4x PCIe link to a GPU, a power supply will be tricky to sort with 12v and 19v needed.
That's another advantage of the AMD version, as to could add a GPU and still have an M.2 NVME drive.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Not sure if this helps, but I came across this Fujitsu D3654-B Intel H310 STX motherboard here:

There's also someone selling the same board on eBay:

mike349

Trash Compacter
Mar 28, 2017
Contacted with ASRock about DeskMini based on AM5 with new AMD APU-s and answer was:

Actually we are waiting for AMD’s confirmed schedule as our hardware is ready. So basically we are looking at around November to January next year. Thank you!

mike349

Trash Compacter
Mar 28, 2017
As a last resort, I turned to ASRock that I have DeskMini H110 with the widely known iGPU problem (link) and can they somehow help me. They asked my DeskMini serialnumber and turned out that they have repaired H110M-STX motherboards to sell. The price was 60€ (includes shipping from Netherlands) - Of course I screamed "TAKE MY MONEY" 🤩 and communication was pretty fast. UPS delivery left everything to be desired, too slow, but finally it arrived. I was like a child to move parts from old motherboard to "new" one. Did fresh Windows install, everything was perfect...until...FREEZE! For ***** sake, really! 🤯 Repaired one, they said...my hairy ***! That feeling, when you wanted something so much that solves your problem and then it doesn't...This arrived one is even worse than my broken one, because all you need is a couple of web browsers and youtube - done, complete freeze. Tried to play Lords Mobile in Steam, game cant even open - freeze or shut down. Tried to this Intel Extreme Utility tool trick - even this doesn't work (works with my broken one) - I don't know, what they repaired, but to use DeskMini I had to again move parts to my broken one...Do I have missed something ? 😝 I alose contacted with them, let's see, what they offer for solution, because at the moment this 60€ is very bad investment. 😉

• Sad
Reactions: SFFMunkee

ChinStrap

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2017
Whats the difference between B660 VS B760 ?
I was gonna say, "am I missing something?" for ref: the B660 version is in stock on newegg for $179.99. I'm running one w/ 12100 and it's been fine. i'm very happy with it over it's deskmini 110 it replaced.

Reactions: rfarmer