Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Are there any distributors in europe or is that something you are working on?
We ship out directly from Hong Kong by FedEx. And for EU region it is VAT/duty included (DDP - delivery duty paid). Takes about 7 days. So it shouldn't be that much difference than if it were to be shipped out within EU.

Actually storing the goods in EU warehouse first incur additional costs (1 more leg of shipment and warehousing). We tried before, and there is not so much benefit.

FiftyFifty

Average Stuffer
May 20, 2021
We ship out directly from Hong Kong by FedEx. And for EU region it is VAT/duty included (DDP - delivery duty paid). Takes about 7 days. So it shouldn't be that much difference than if it were to be shipped out within EU.

Actually storing the goods in EU warehouse first incur additional costs (1 more leg of shipment and warehousing). We tried before, and there is not so much benefit.
Thats nice to hear.

Read the shipping policy and it stated: Nouvolo offered prices don't include shipping costs, duties, import taxes, and/or related fees, unless stated explicitly otherwise in the specific product offer.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Thats nice to hear.

Read the shipping policy and it stated: Nouvolo offered prices don't include shipping costs, duties, import taxes, and/or related fees, unless stated explicitly otherwise in the specific product offer.
The sub tab in product page mentions explicitly EU/UK prices include VAT/duty. Other places not being mentioned, then for those local taxes not included.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Does the orientation matter?
Should the ports be on the right next to the RAM or left next to the I/O ports?
Totally up to you and depends on the loop config. But please note that there are differences between the in & out ports in terms of head pressure. You can use the in port as fill or drain port. Whereas out port should only be used as drain port.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Uncle nouvolo, then the side ports are for fill (inlet) and bleed (outlet)?.
Just our recommendation for a standard custom loop build, but it's totally up to you on how you design your loop. If you run a split loop by all means use those extra ports to divert flow to other parts of the loop. You can try prototype your loop build without the computer hardware first, anything goes will go 😉

Aquanaut is for enthusiasts and it is designed to be super flexible for mods and customization.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
Has there been any testing/verification for 12th gen Intel mounting at all? I’m having some very inconsistent temperatures using the Aquanaut Extreme as are others of the SFF gurus Disc. I also don’t believe the mounting pressure is adequate at all. As I have mentioned previously with my 11900K in the thread, the whole block wiggles left to right and doesn’t feel adequate. Screws torqued to 0.6Nm using EK’s screwdriver. The EK Velocity2 performs significantly better.

Would love to know if you guys had similar issues in testing .

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Has there been any testing/verification for 12th gen Intel mounting at all? I’m having some very inconsistent temperatures using the Aquanaut Extreme as are others of the SFF gurus Disc. I also don’t believe the mounting pressure is adequate at all. As I have mentioned previously with my 11900K in the thread, the whole block wiggles left to right and doesn’t feel adequate. Screws torqued to 0.6Nm using EK’s screwdriver. The EK Velocity2 performs significantly better.

Would love to know if you guys had similar issues in testing .
We have some feedback, for some 1700 motherboards the CPU sockets are slightly lower (talking about~1mm). Due to the tight tolerances we suggest you add washers (2mm thick) to the thumbnail screws (those with spring). This will solve the mounting pressure issue.

Washers below are quite common and should be available in your local stores, or on amazon.
washer-aqx.jpg

Last edited:

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
We have some feedback, for some 1700 motherboards the CPU sockets are slightly lower (talking about~1mm). Due to the tight tolerances we suggest you add washers (2mm thick) to the thumbnail screws (those with spring). This will solve the mounting pressure issue.

Washers below are quite common and should be available in your local stores, or on amazon.
View attachment 1751
Appreciate the response. I do believe that I still had issues with the mounting on my 11900K as well so I don’t believe it’s just a 12th gen socket problem and more of a inadequate mounting solution. Is there any plans to address the flaw moving forward aside from the mentioned washer “mod”?

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Appreciate the response. I do believe that I still had issues with the mounting on my 11900K as well so I don’t believe it’s just a 12th gen socket problem and more of a inadequate mounting solution. Is there any plans to address the flaw moving forward aside from the mentioned washer “mod”?
Many spring loaded screws use washers anyway. We will see, maybe on next major version update.

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
Many spring loaded screws use washers anyway. We will see, maybe on next major version update.
Perhaps you should let customers know that what they’re buying isn’t truly compatible as it’s being marketed, to prevent them from wondering why they’re getting such horrible temperatures.

Edit: The silver lining being that my temps under CB dropped from 95+ with throttling down to 82 max with no throttling. So for any 11th/12th gen intel lads out there, 2mm of washers is an adequate Band-Aid.

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Perhaps you should let customers know that what they’re buying isn’t truly compatible as it’s being marketed, to prevent them from wondering why they’re getting such horrible temperatures.

Edit: The silver lining being that my temps under CB dropped from 95+ with throttling down to 82 max with no throttling. So for any 11th/12th gen intel lads out there, 2mm of washers is an adequate Band-Aid.
It doesn't happen to all users, only for some motherboards...

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
It doesn't happen to all users, only for some motherboards...
Okay well then compile a list that your product isn’t compatible with and make users aware of the fact that it’s not a one size fits all solution and a washer remedy is required.

You can start with Strix Z690i and Aorus Z590i.

I’ve heard from other users that have attempted to reach out and confront this issue and it’s been largely ignored from Nouvolo’s end.

“Intel 12th gen LGA 1700 support (new)”

I would start with amending this.

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
This is a strong claim... Anyway we can only report on what actually happened on our side. We believe we have a decent if not perfect reputation in terms of solving customer's issues, at least for a small creator.

I’ve heard from other users that have attempted to reach out and confront this issue and it’s been largely ignored from Nouvolo’s end.

We receive a relatively small number of feedback with such issues comparing to the number of Aquanauts we have sold (1 in 50 approximately). We have replied and suggested the washer solution to all users who has emailed us. And we always try to make improvements on version updates.

In the meantime, our suggestions of using washers should be a good solution to the issue. Appreciate if you could try it out. 😉

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
This is a strong claim... Anyway we can only report on what actually happened on our side. We believe we have a decent if not perfect reputation in terms of solving customer's issues, at least for a small creator.

We receive a relatively small number of feedback with such issues comparing to the number of Aquanauts we have sold (1 in 50 approximately). We have replied and suggested the washer solution to all users who has emailed us. And we always try to make improvements on version updates.

In the meantime, our suggestions of using washers should be a good solution to the issue. Appreciate if you could try it out. 😉
I have been following this from the sidelines for a long time.
I would say that 1/50 customers reporting this issue is quite a significant problem.
"We believe we have a decent if not perfect reputation in terms of solving customer's issues" I can't say this is the atmosphere I've seen around Nouvolo products, more of the opposite really.
Lastly, you suggest they try out the washer mod, except they already did and reported their results with it it.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I would say that 1/50 customers reporting this issue is quite a significant problem.
"We believe we have a decent if not perfect reputation in terms of solving customer's issues" I can't say this is the atmosphere I've seen around Nouvolo products, more of the opposite really.
Lastly, you suggest they try out the washer mod, except they already did and reported their results with it it.

Have you heard about this? Please go google "Alder Lake's Warping and Bending Issues".

xL3cW8JNuG9qPruYL2xokL-970-80.jp.jpg

There are 3rd party CPU mounting mods to fix the 12th gen CPU bending issue....

As we have mentioned before, this thread is for community sharing of build ideas. For specific problems with your product please email us directly.

Last edited:
Reactions: robojim

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com

We would urge anybody with issues to email us directly with details. We can then better assess the problem with more information, and try to help solve and improve the product. Afterall we initially make this product to try serve a very specific needs for SFF builds.

Reactions: robojim