Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Xmas sale is on now! Up to more than 20% off for selected items!
PI51P21-d.jpg

Josu

Cable Smoosher
Aug 15, 2021
I am dumb
How this works? this is a cpu block with pump mount or ?)) sorry i am new in watercooling, looking for parts for q58

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
I am dumb
How this works? this is a cpu block with pump mount or ?)) sorry i am new in watercooling, looking for parts for q58
CPU waterblock with a DDC pump mount. saves you having an external res mounted pump/ pump w/top. If you're just getting into SFF/Watercooling I'd definitely do a lot of research before taking the plunge with something like this as it's probable a medium to high tier endeavor.

topkeklol

Chassis Packer
Aug 13, 2021
I've received my Aquanaut Extreme today and the acrylic is a bit sticky even after a bit of soapy water and a paper towel. Will that be an issue or should I keep cleaning it until it's spotless?

topkeklol

Chassis Packer
Aug 13, 2021
End me now...I bought the EK quantum DDC heatsink not thinking about the lip on the extreme. It won't fit D:. Any other heatsink recommendations?

topkeklol

Chassis Packer
Aug 13, 2021
I'm using an Alphacool DDC heatsink, which I'm very happy with. What is the EK heatsink interfering with, the plastic around the bleed ports?
Yes that's right. The heatsink is 68mm whereas the area not including the fillports is 62mm.

The normal 20 bucks heatsink from EK worked out for me. Check out my video content to see the look of it. :)
Vielen dank!

Reactions: GucksTV

tsawind

Efficiency Noob
Feb 23, 2022
Dang, so I tried a Swiftech MPC50X pump, but it has a different design for it's top. First I lost a little white washer inside the Aquanaut, which is how I figured out the problem. Then I looked closer at the original top, and it has a raised area to hold a white washer against the impellor, so I think the impellor falls into the Aquanaut randomly, and also if a little air bubbles hit it or get built up, then it stop and starts randomly...

Does anyone know if the Swiftech MCP35X will fit the Aquanaut Extreme?

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Dang, so I tried a Swiftech MPC50X pump, but it has a different design for it's top. First I lost a little white washer inside the Aquanaut, which is how I figured out the problem. Then I looked closer at the original top, and it has a raised area to hold a white washer against the impellor, so I think the impellor falls into the Aquanaut randomly, and also if a little air bubbles hit it or get built up, then it stop and starts randomly...

Does anyone know if the Swiftech MCP35X will fit the Aquanaut Extreme?
MCP35X is DDC standard and should be compatible. But this is quite an old design (still comes with molex connector), released some years ago. Not sure if there are better ones out there now.

topkeklol

Chassis Packer
Aug 13, 2021
Pick the case up and rotate it 90 degrees in both directions. I usually so this several times, it helps release bubbles that are trapped.
I've gone around roughly 60 degrees in each direction but not quite the full 90. I came back after 6 hours and it was close to silent bar the pump still being audible...but I guess it's probably running at 100% and that's why.

This is my first build with no reservoir. Once i believe all the bubbles are gone, I'm guessing I should tip the external reservoir water out just to the top of the inlet/fill port right? Otherwise it would likely suck that little pocket of air back in no?

Shatrod

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 6, 2019
I think something like this would be an invaluable investment:

You can put one of these right at the inlet to the pump that currently has the hose attached for the reservoir. When it's all bled just turn the thingy to close the fill port and dump all the water still in the res. Remove the tube and cap the valve.

topkeklol

Chassis Packer
Aug 13, 2021
I think something like this would be an invaluable investment:

You can put one of these right at the inlet to the pump that currently has the hose attached for the reservoir. When it's all bled just turn the thingy to close the fill port and dump all the water still in the res. Remove the tube and cap the valve.
Yeah that's a good idea. I've got a spare one that's unfortunately gun metal in colour but that should work fine until I upgrade my graphics and redo the loop! Thanks for the help guys

Reactions: Shatrod and rfarmer