Power Supply Any interest in custom-length HDPLEX cables?

Smallform Gaming

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2016
Hell yes I'm in!
All BLACK cable set please and SHORTER than stock especially for the 24pin ATX cable. (18-20 instead of 45)
*A single 8 pin to 6+2 pin would be nice too. The 8 split to 2x 6+2 really doesn't apply to SFF Video Cards.

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
Bumping it so that more can see this thread. I really think this is a good idea. :)

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
What would the interest level need to be to get this off the ground? 20 people likely won't be enough I reckon.

As a thought, I know Josh from NFC does custom cabling and obviously he's trying to make an income from modding etc. Any chance he cares to comment on what he might be able to produce a comparable product for? Always prefer to support the community if possible, even if it would cost a shade more.

Smallform Gaming

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2016
Survey completed.
I didn't see the link on the first post.
Really hoping this becomes a reality.
If a limited production run were possible with shorter, higher quality cables I'd pay a premium for them.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I'm interested, though I still don't know if I want to use a HDPLEX or pico psu if I ever build small enough to warrant one.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Anyone else? I'm still trying to convince CableMod.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Wow that was quick. Awesome and thanks for the legwork on this Aibo!

Am I correct in assuming the older HDPlex 250 and the new HDPlex 300 will both share the same pinouts for these cables?

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It's the same pinout. Actually the 24-pin, 8-pin CPU, and PCIe are just straight 1 to 1 pinouts.

Edit: I was wrong on the PCIe, see below.

Last edited:

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
It will be sleeved or non-sleeved ? Or both ?

Thanks again for making it happen !

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I was wondering about the pinouts, glad to hear the main ones are 1-1

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It will be sleeved or non-sleeved ? Or both ?

There's only sleeved, with either paracord or nylon. He had mentioned bare wire back when I did the review for the SF600 cables but I haven't heard anything since. One thing at a time though so I'll wait to see that the HDPLEX option actually happens :)

Reactions: ricochet

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It means the pinout on the PSU side of the connector is the same as the motherboard side of the connector. So no double wires, no split connectors, no weird rearrangement, etc.

And actually, I was incorrect about the PCIe! It has the same pinout as the CPU so one of the Ground wires will have to be doubled and one of the 12V won't be used for an 8-pin PCIe connector.

Card/mobo connector side diagram from here: http://www.overclock.net/a/gpu-and-cpu-power-connections

Technically the PCIe spec calls for two sense lines on the 8-pin connector but nobody does that and they're just Grounds.