Motherboard AM4 Thin ITX motherboards, They do exist!

Quango

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 6, 2019
Huawei MateStation S with 4600G:

infoberg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2021
And all that in a case that looks like it was made to fit a low-profile GPU in there? Interesting...

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
And all that in a case that looks like it was made to fit a low-profile GPU in there? Interesting...
Not just low profile, those are full height PCIe slots. Just nothing overheight, and anything with top mounted power connectors will need one of those slim power connector adapters, but full height PCIe cards should fit. Overall, I'd say that is a mighty tempting off-the-shelf modding project waiting to happen. A bit of a shame with that proprietary-looking PSU (or, judging by the 10-pin connector, is that just a TFX ATX12VO PSU?), but no doubt something that can be worked around. Looks like there would be room for a second intake fan in the front as well. Very interesting!

infoberg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2021
Not just low profile, those are full height PCIe slots. Just nothing overheight, and anything with top mounted power connectors will need one of those slim power connector adapters, but full height PCIe cards should fit. Overall, I'd say that is a mighty tempting off-the-shelf modding project waiting to happen. A bit of a shame with that proprietary-looking PSU (or, judging by the 10-pin connector, is that just a TFX ATX12VO PSU?), but no doubt something that can be worked around. Looks like there would be room for a second intake fan in the front as well. Very interesting!
Hmmm, specs at Huawei website say that the chassis is 93mm wide, which would only allow to fit low-profile cards, if I am not mistaken.

But an interesting concept nonetheless, specially as it's 12VO. The I/O shield is definitely not Thin Mini-ITX though, I wonder why they went for SO-DIMM...

Quango

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 6, 2019
Here's another MateStation S review:

And the support pages :

LUNA Design

Average Stuffer
LUNA Design
Jun 22, 2017
luna-design.org
After 1 month testing Asrock X300TM-ITX with R5 PRO 4650G I replaced COM port with ADT HDMI cable. Fits perfect. Now 2 HDMI 2.1 with 4K/60Hz on the back:

Also I purchased internal USB adapter for wireless keyboard and mouse (for free up back USB ports):

Just for sure I purchased micro heatsinks to reduce temps of VRM mosfets (for all 9 pcs). Hope, it's will help to reduce temps:

I locked frequency of 4650G to 3900 with 1.125v. CPU performance is OK for me. Also, very low power consumption from the wall socket:
  • 3W sleep mode
  • 14W idle
  • 20-30W regular usage
  • 40-50W gaming
  • 76W (!!! only !!!!) Cinebench R23. Cinebench results:

TPM 2.0 exists. Windows 11 ready and working well.

Last edited:

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
After 1 month testing Asrock X300TM-ITX with R5 PRO 4650G I replaced COM port with ADT HDMI cable. Fits perfect. Now 2 HDMI 2.1 with 4K/60Hz on the back:

Also I purchased internal USB adapter for wireless keyboard and mouse (for free up back USB ports):

Just for sure I purchased micro heatsinks to reduce temps of VRM mosfets (for all 9 pcs). Hope, it's will help to reduce temps:

I locked frequency of 4650G to 3900 with 1.125v. CPU performance is OK for me. Also, very low power consumption from the wall socket:
  • 3W sleep mode
  • 14W idle
  • 20-30W regular usage
  • 40-50W gaming

Great results! Good thinking on the HDMI connection, much better use of the space than the COM port!
Would be interested to see what the USB & heatsinks look like IRL on your board.

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017

• 3W sleep mode
  • 14W idle
  • 20-30W regular usage
  • 40-50W gaming

After 1-month of testing Asrock X300TM-ITX with R5 PRO 4650G I replaced COM port with ADT HDMI cable. Fits perfect. Now 2 HDMI 2.1 with 4K/60Hz on the back:
Do you have a link for the ADT cable Is it an A2R to an A4T ?? Thank you Alek!!

LUNA Design

Average Stuffer
LUNA Design
Jun 22, 2017
luna-design.org
After 1-month of testing Asrock X300TM-ITX with R5 PRO 4650G I replaced COM port with ADT HDMI cable. Fits perfect. Now 2 HDMI 2.1 with 4K/60Hz on the back:
Oh... I forgot about links. I buy directly on Taobao, so I think this links not so helpful. I updated my post above with the links.

LUNA Design

Average Stuffer
LUNA Design
Jun 22, 2017
luna-design.org
Yes, I'll post update, when all this stuff'll arrive.

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Oh... I forgot about links. I buy directly on Taobao, so I think this links not so helpful. I updated my post above with the links.
I can buy on Parcelup the old TabaoFocus it is all in English. I am sure the ADT cables are on Ali Express as well. Although price with shipping may not be cost-effective to the US>