Motherboard AM4 Thin ITX motherboards, They do exist!

Dustbunnyck

Caliper Novice
Nov 10, 2019
I can't find any US retailers carrying the Asrock model so I sent them an ask when its expected here and they responded with "we will not be selling it in America". I do worry about getting it in from Ali express but also it is way more expensive than it should be because of rarity.

huh.sure

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2019
It's probably a OEM only motherboard,
I can't find any US retailers carrying the Asrock model so I sent them an ask when its expected here and they responded with "we will not be selling it in America". I do worry about getting it in from Ali express but also it is way more expensive than it should be because of rarity.

Reactions: Dustbunnyck

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
RGeek custom Thin ITX AM4 (two DP instead HDMI and LVDS): https://rgeek.en.alibaba.com/produc...M4_Motherboard_AMD_with_DP_Dual_DDR4_M_2.html

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
Please, can someone confirm me of dual channel ram capability of this motherboard?
I'm asking because of this answer from Asrock:

We have checked the SPEC of your RAM F4-2800C18S-8GRS, and we note that the Channel Config of this RAM is Single Channel. Generally, if you want to build dual channel memory system, we suggest choosing the memory kit which is sold by 2 stick. Because each memory products have there own IC and controller, if the IC and controller is incompatible with the config you build, it may make the system unstable or even no post. That is why we always recommend user who want to install two sticks memory referring to our memory QVL to choose the memory kit which meets their requirement. If you really need to build memory dual channel, please refer to our memory QVL to choose the memory which meets your requirement

Dapuma

Average Stuffer
May 18, 2019
Please, can someone confirm me of dual channel ram capability of this motherboard?
I'm asking because of this answer from Asrock:

Asrock's support team doesnt always make the most sense, but I do have a small bit of information, idk if it will help or not, as most of it is repeated information, but for anyone else this may also help.

I had emailed them, and the conversation went as follows:

7/4/2019, Me: Hello, I was thinking about purchasing your a320tm-itx, but I see no place to purchase it. Is it not going to be sold? If it is, how much would it cost and where can I find it? Thanks, Joe Davidson (not my actual name btw).

7/5/2019, Them: Dear Joe, Thank you for your interest of ASRock MB. A320TM-ITX is only for special project we won’t sell it in regular channel. Thanks

*Cut*

So CES 2020 came and went, I found some articles online stating some stuff about the A320TM being released alongside a mini PC called the Jupiter A320. Many articles list that the board that powers the Jupiter A320, which is said to support dual channel RAM as well, is the A320TM-ITX. However, upon closer inspection, this seemed a bit odd to me as the positions and types of ports on the jupiter were not consistent with the a320tm-itx.

anyways, back to the emails.

4/22/2020, Me: Hello, I now understand the A320TM-ITX is for the Jupiter a320, is that correct? However, I had a few inquiries about that. Firstly, does the Jupiter a320 support dual channel ram? According to articles online, both the a320tm itx and the Jupiter a320 have dual channel RAM support, but at the same time someone else had told me that the a320tm itx does not support dual channel. Secondly, I notice on the Jupiter that there is a displayport connector, while on the plain a320tm-itx there is none present. Considering that the Jupiter is supposedly based upon the a320tm-itx, how was the displayport added?

4/23/2020, Them: Dear Taylor (Also not my name, but its the name listed on gmail for me), I will let our tech support to answer your question but just let you know that we don’t sell Jupiter in US or Channel, this model only for special project is Asia. Thanks. Dear John(tech support guy), Please check below see can you help with this end user. Thanks

4/24/2020, John: Hello Taylor, A320TM-ITX motherboard is not for the Jupiter A320. They are different motherboard. I linked the A320TM-ITX motherboard specification for user reference. Specification: http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/A320TM-ITX/index.asp#Specification. A320TM-ITX supports single channel. Be sure to install the memory module into the DDR4_A2 slot as first priority; otherwise, the system may not boot up properly or may operate incorrectly. About Jupiter A320 inquiry, motherboard has not been launched. Please stay tuned in ASRock website for detailed information. Thank you

4/26/2020, Me: So to be clear, the A320TM does not support dual channel at all? If this is the case, may I ask why?

So this is where I ended up, and hopefully I will get an answer soon. I know he says single channel is supported, but didn't explicitly state that dual channel was not. Upon delving into more detail into the manual of the board, it then struck me. I am pretty certain that the A320TM-ITX does NOT support dual channel, and the proof was right in front of my face. If you look at the board, it shows the RAM slots as "A1" and "A2". on every other dual ram slot itx motherboard that supports dual channel, these slots are labeled "A1" and "B1". In pretty much all motherboards, the letter refers to the channel, and the number refers to the order inside the channel the ram must be placed in. A1 and A2 on the asrock board suggests that there are 2 slots of a single channel. Now why they want you to put ram in a2 first is beyond me, but yeah.

TL;DR A320TM-ITX is single channel only

Reactions: NateDawg72

Parallax

Caliper Novice
Jun 3, 2020
Hello community, first post, etc.

There are Ryzen embedded options if this will meet your need, using Ryzen 2500U boards in effectively a Thin-ITX format either as a pre-built PC in a case with RAM and an m2 disk which comes out at roughly $400-420 plus shipping via AliExpress, or if you just want the board it's about $280-300 plus shipping as far as I can see.

There are pluses and minuses - there are two 1Gbps LAN ports onboard (yay!), but they are RTL8111s (boo!). The 2500U is reasonable on the compute side without being exceptional - if you put any credibility into Passmark it scores 6,587, which puts it almost exactly half way between an i3 8100T and an i5 8500T. The graphics are Vega based, and indeed the box seems to be aimed at electronic signage so it comes with 4 DP outputs which support 4K; however this is not very useful for people like me who like the idea of it as a very small, quiet, firewall/router running pf/OPNsense with most things turned on - at least until I found out about the Realtek LAN. You are limited to SODIMMs for your RAM (and a 32GB limit).

You can probably argue that it's not much cheaper than buying a A320-based board with a CPU socket you can fill yourself and less flexible, but this may fill a need in the short term so I thought it worth raising.

Haz

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 1, 2020
Hello, does any know how to get the rear HDMI port on the Jubo A320 thin ITX motherboard to display an output?

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id...6851359&spm=a21wu.12321156-tw.0.0&ak=26008535

Only the internal/side facing one has an output. The LVDS output works too I hooked it up to a 27'' panel, they also work together.
disabling LVDS output does not help. I'm I missing something obvious here? I'm thinking it could be a processor limitation, I'm using Athlon 3000G.

Thank you for any help, Harry.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Hello, does any know how to get the rear HDMI port on the Jubo A320 thin ITX motherboard to display an output?

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id...6851359&spm=a21wu.12321156-tw.0.0&ak=26008535

Only the internal/side facing one has an output. The LVDS output works too I hooked it up to a 27'' panel, they also work together.
disabling LVDS output does not help. I'm I missing something obvious here? I'm thinking it could be a processor limitation, I'm using Athlon 3000G.

Thank you for any help, Harry.

Is this one of those boards originally meant for an AIO? It might be an input.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Yes, I started thinking the same. Don't know how it would work as a input.
pass through maybe?
Yep, pass-through to the LVDS output no doubt, so that the AIO might be used as a monitor as well. I would assume there's some option for (at least enable/disable) it in the BIOS.

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017

abrackers

Cable Smoosher
May 27, 2018

My one worked straight away, but my lvds port never worked. Also, the motherboard you linked and pictured isn't the jubo one. The jubo one has the ram and chipset position swapped compared to what you pictured

abrackers

Cable Smoosher
May 27, 2018
I am concerned about the chipset heat from all of these thin mini itx designs. TechTablets on youtube tested a barebones using one of these motherboards, and like mine it's chipset ran very hot and it always consumed 20w+ at idle

abrackers

Cable Smoosher
May 27, 2018
Hello community, first post, etc.

There are Ryzen embedded options if this will meet your need, using Ryzen 2500U boards in effectively a Thin-ITX format either as a pre-built PC in a case with RAM and an m2 disk which comes out at roughly $400-420 plus shipping via AliExpress, or if you just want the board it's about $280-300 plus shipping as far as I can see.

An alternative is asus are releasing their PN50 in ~1 month, which has the 4000 series laptop chips for reasonable prices (~£320 for r5 4500u) and intel ax200 wifi 6 through Amazon so also has good support and quick shipping