Motherboard AM4 Thin ITX motherboards, They do exist!

Starshed

Cable Smoosher
Oct 20, 2019
heya, does anyone know what chipset the Lenovo board on the first page has? I wanna try running a 3400G or a 3600 in one of these but idk if any of the boards might work with third gen Ryzen.

Dapuma

Average Stuffer
May 18, 2019
heya, does anyone know what chipset the Lenovo board on the first page has? I wanna try running a 3400G or a 3600 in one of these but idk if any of the boards might work with third gen Ryzen.
a320. tbh i think your best bet would be the asrock a320tm-itx for compatibility with those cpus.

Reactions: Starshed

Dapuma

Average Stuffer
May 18, 2019
it's still a zen + solution, and there will be no problems with it. But 3600 - zen2 and its support is not officially announced. So there may be nuances.
Good point, I wasn't paying attention to that. Unfortunately I don't think there is much or anything that would work with the 3600, but if I'm wrong or if this statement is outdated please let me know.

Reactions: Starshed

Starshed

Cable Smoosher
Oct 20, 2019
3400G it's still a zen + solution, and there will be no problems with it. But 3600 - zen2 and its support is not officially announced. So there may be nuances.
Good point, I wasn't paying attention to that. Unfortunately I don't think there is much or anything that would work with the 3600, but if I'm wrong or if this statement is outdated please let me know.
good to know. does anyone think there will be a newer batch of motherboards in this form factor for AM4 or are these all we'll end up with?

(edit: I just realized I can technically replace the 3600 with a 2600. while it's obviously a performance sacrifice, I think maybe it's better than nothing lol)

Last edited:

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
is there a thread that tracks similar thin ITX solutions for Intel? I'd love to drop a 9700T into a uTFF chassis.

it would be damned cool if my PC matched the dimensions of my DAC / Amp Stack ;)

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
is there a thread that tracks similar thin ITX solutions for Intel? I'd love to drop a 9700T into a uTFF chassis.

it would be damned cool if my PC matched the dimensions of my DAC / Amp Stack ;)

#thinpcmasterrace

Reactions: Marzipan

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019

#thinpcmasterrace
many grass asses Windfall, appreciate the reference :)

Reactions: Windfall

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
- Lenovo's 00XK236 FLX5591478 AM4IH Motherboard
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/00XK...117.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.15d52e0eHKBp3u

so, I work for a company that's also a Lenovo service center and have confirmed that this particular board is from an M715 Tiny Gen 1.

here's an FRU / PN for a Gen 2 mobo: 01LM570 5B20U53961

DemLep

Caliper Novice
Nov 8, 2019
Anyone find any new boards or are there just the two? Found some great cases for them and would prefer a Ryzen chip over i# for the extra threads.

Also are there any other Low Profile form factors that give more options for AM4? I know that LPX, NLX and Mini-LPX are a thing, but all are larger and not sure what kind of socket support they have.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
If you still have the board and want to sell it I'm interested.

Psst, buddy. You should probably not post that here and instead DM the user before the mods edit it for not following the rules about posting buy/sell requests/offers in non-BST threads. Just a tip from a guy who's done it (and regretted) it before! :)

Reactions: NateDawg72

Dapuma

Average Stuffer
May 18, 2019
Anyone find any new boards or are there just the two? Found some great cases for them and would prefer a Ryzen chip over i# for the extra threads.

Also are there any other Low Profile form factors that give more options for AM4? I know that LPX, NLX and Mini-LPX are a thing, but all are larger and not sure what kind of socket support they have.

TBH I think there's closer to 5-6 options out there, possibly even more.