Production AM4 Brackets for CPU Coolers (C7 + others)

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Re-installed, and re-posted with new pics.
Thanks again for the great product J-Hack! :)

Thanks!

May I also interest you in M2427? Seems like you got a lot of wires. ;)

----

It seems to be fitting most motherboards. I have not had feedback from a motherboard not fitting so I just increased the stock count.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

xthongyy

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
Hello completely new to 3d printing here but what material would I print this from and where to do it if I have the file above? Trying to fit the zalman to my MSI B450-i without hitting my RAM module.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hello completely new to 3d printing here but what material would I print this from and where to do it if I have the file above? Trying to fit the zalman to my MSI B450-i without hitting my RAM module.

You need shapeways for good enough strength. Though, PETG will work fine if you don't move it much.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
@grsychckn said it does not come with the backplate. That being said, I believe it is compatible with the stock backplate. @Thehack can you confirm compatibly n
with stock backplate?
The brackets are compatible with the stock backplate and I actually recommend reusing the original backplate for compatibility reasons. I haven't seen or used J-Hack's backplate and although I'm sure it works great I don't see a reason for replacing the C7 backplate unless there is a clearance concern.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
The brackets are compatible with the stock backplate and I actually recommend reusing the original backplate for compatibility reasons. I haven't seen or used J-Hack's backplate and although I'm sure it works great I don't see a reason for replacing the C7 backplate unless there is a clearance concern.
I actually had a Cryorig C7 without an AM4 compatible backplate. Purchasing his backplate allowed me to not have to shell out another 15 for the official back plate.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
I actually had a Cryorig C7 without an AM4 compatible backplate. Purchasing his backplate allowed me to not have to shell out another 15 for the official back plate.
If you send me an e-mail, I can check tonight and see if I have an extra AM4 backplate for the C7. I'm pretty sure I do and if so, I'll throw that in for free with an order of brackets. salvostudiosltd@gmail.com

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Have you already had a chance to test whether it works with the Thermalright AXP-90 Cooler?
I did, it won't. The bracket is flat (and the axp90 brackets are bent) also the holes don't line up. XDim not at home so I can't take my own pictures, but if you look at this post:

the pads on the mounting bracket doesnt seem to be touching the board as well
You can see the bent nature of the am4 brackets.

Here you can see the c7 am4 90° bracket is flat. (Screenshot from j-hacks install video on YouTube)

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Have you already had a chance to test whether it works with the Thermalright AXP-90 Cooler?

At some point I'm going to try and acquire a fiber laser cutter for sheet metal and then I *might* be able to engineer more adapter brackets for other coolers. Time and money are going to be the restrictions though. I'd really like to be able to make some of these for myself. Seems silly that there isn't a standard or at least more aftermarket adapters available. I guess liability would be a major concern though (which I would have to investigate).