Production AM4 Brackets for CPU Coolers (C7 + others)

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Would using the brackets allow the cooler to stay in AMD's keep out zone? I'm wondering if this would work with my X570 board.

Edit: Here is the area I'm worried about.

Edit 2: Nevermind, I just realised the C7 is has the same length and breadth. I think this could work.

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Has anyone received and used their bracket yet?

I'd like to confirm and get feedback on it.

I should be able to work the zalman this week.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

Here is the Zalman bracket. The reason for it is that the heatpipes conflicts with the RAM. This turns the bracket 90 degrees. Thanks to @Slowjim for providing the sample.

Once I confirm it fits and everything works as expected, I'll post it on shapeways so others interested can order it. A small charge up will provide me a "tip." ;)

Otherwise, it'll available for free on thingiverse.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
This bracket could be made also with a CNC mill. Wow!

Since the screws are separate and there is no nut, it can be plasma or laser cut, which is cheaper than milling.

The reason it is raised and one piece is for 3d printing. You can keep it a simple 2d 1.3mm cut steel and be fine.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
I got the adapter. Seems that one of the screw points might not be completely perpendicular to the surface, which makes the bracket bow and flex.

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I got the adapter. Seems that one of the screw points might not be completely perpendicular to the surface, which makes the bracket bow and flex.

Thanks for the pictures. Can you provide a quick test fit though, checking for component clearance? You can also try the stock backplate as well. I know the stock backplate is generally insufferable so that is why I provided a 3d printed alternative.

If this is no issue with component clearance, I'll send a replacement one your way so please PM me your order #.

Reactions: CountNoctua

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
It fits well with my motherboard. I am using a Gigabyte AB350N, which generally has low profile components, so I can't say how well this would fit with the later X570 motherboards.

I didn't try putting the 3D printed one, nor the original backplate as it ended up too difficult to try getting all 4 screws through, but the mounting screws at least easily fit through the AM4 motherboard holes. Also, I was wondering if your current 120mm Cryorig C7 adapter available in your store would work with the 90 degree mounted Cryorig C7 while maintaining compatibility with RAM? If so I may just purchase one to ship along with the replacement, so let me know.

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
It fits well with my motherboard. I am using a Gigabyte AB350N, which generally has low profile components, so I can't say how well this would fit with the later X570 motherboards.

I didn't try putting the 3D printed one, nor the original backplate as it ended up too difficult to try getting all 4 screws through, but the mounting screws at least easily fit through the AM4 motherboard holes. Also, I was wondering if your current 120mm Cryorig C7 adapter available in your store would work with the 90 degree mounted Cryorig C7 while maintaining compatibility with RAM? If so I may just purchase one to ship along with the replacement, so let me know.

Glad to hear that fits without hitting components.

120mm fan mounting would fit as long as your heatsink sits 2mm taller than your RAM. Though, it may not actually be better performance, since a lot of the airflow will miss the heatsink.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Glad to hear that fits without hitting components.

120mm fan mounting would fit as long as your heatsink sits 2mm taller than your RAM. Though, it may not actually be better performance, since a lot of the airflow will miss the heatsink.
In that case, I just might get the normal 92mm adapter. I pm'ed you the order number for the original 90 degree mount.

chrimen

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2019
So will there be an issue with the C7 bracket and the x570 boards?
I've got the new Gibabyte x570i which is a mini itx board.

shioume

Chassis Packer
Oct 21, 2019
Received the product today. Pics and details:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, motherboard is ROG Strix B450-i.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thehack

cbri

Chassis Packer
Aug 28, 2019
Does anybody know if am4 mounting hardware exists for the LP53? So far it's been tough to find anything

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

Hello,

Did you try placing the washer between the stand off screw and the bracket? It extends the length of the screws so it adds some height on the opposite side of the motherboard.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018

I noticed this as well. If you are using the mount set that are for the AM4, the screws are smaller. If you are using the older gen versions, the screws are longer. I happen to have both versions since Cryorig sent an AM4 kit before they discontinued that free service.

shioume

Chassis Packer
Oct 21, 2019
Hello,

Did you try placing the washer between the stand off screw and the bracket? It extends the length of the screws so it adds some height on the opposite side of the motherboard.

Ohh so thats what the washers were for!

Wasn’t aware that you had an installation guide, thanks for the link. Will definitely try this once I get home!