Cooling AIO for SM580

cloudcrypt

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 20, 2019
Looking for advice on 280mm AIOs for the SM580 between these two:

NZXT X62

Corsair H115i PRO (in Pull configuration (exhaust at top of case) in order to make it fit in the SM580)

Most important is noise/pump noise. Fans will be replaced with Noctuas. The Corsair seems to support some type of zero-RPM fan mode as well?

(For a 3900X and ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX)

Thanks!

Reactions: CountNoctua

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
I don't think there's going to be much difference in performance, though I think Corsair is using 6th gen Asetek vs 5th gen on the NZXT (unless that design has been updated recently). I don't think there's much difference in pump noise between the two.

I generally don't like using desktop software to control fans, especially proprietary ones like iCUE or CAM, but whether using Corsair or BIOS fan curves, either AIO should let you spin down the fans to very low or zero RPM. Low RPM should be inaudible, anyway.

I personally would go with NZXT, especially since you are using your own fans; would be a waste to get Corsair and not use their ML fans (though I guess you could use them for something else or sell them).

Last edited:
Reactions: cloudcrypt

cloudcrypt

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 20, 2019
I don't think there's going to be much difference in performance, though I think Corsair is using 6th gen Asetek vs 5th gen on the NZXT (unless that design has been updated recently). I don't think there's much difference in pump noise between the two.

I generally don't like using desktop software to control fans, especially proprietary ones like iCUE or CAM, but whether using Corsair or BIOS fan curves, either AIO should let you spin down the fans to very low or zero RPM. Low RPM should be inaudible, anyway.

I personally would go with NZXT, especially since you are using your own fans; would be a waste to get Corsair and not use their ML fans (though I guess you could use them for something else or sell them).

Thanks, I think I'll go with the nzxt