Cooling 120 AIO choice for a custom 12L matx case

dmitrybask

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 4, 2020
Hi mates! I currently make schematics for a custom 12L case and need an advice about 120/140 AIO.

I indeed need AIO, because I don’t have much space right in front of CPU. I know, a 120mm AIO has an average performance, and better to have 240 or 280, but only 120/140 fits.
I’ve made the following short list:

1) Corsair H80i v2. This is the leader here. Best performance, very thick rad. Two very very noisy fans. What do you think about the noise? Should I switch to Noctua fans? How it will behave with single Noctua fan? Please share a link if there is a benchmark with different fans
2) Alphacool Eisbaer 120 - Full copper slim radiator with good performance. Rare and not as easy to buy as Corsair. Any advice on this one?

Other notable models:
EVGA CLC 120 - good model, good reviews. Many people here use this model
Corsair H60 - good reviews. What do you think in comparison to H80i ?
Nzxt Kraken M22 - bad
Nzxt Kraken X42 - 140mm AIO, but performance is comparable to 120mm. Users complain about bad software.
be quiet Pure Loop 120 - mediocre reviews.
Cooler Master ML120L - cheap and good for the price. But regardless price - mediocre

dmitrybask

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 4, 2020
I want to sum it up.
120 AIO have insufficient performance and mediocre noise. Their main advantage - is the radiator, which you can relocate somewhere away.
For now, I choose Mugen 5 Rev.b, which is asymmetric with good offset and 155m height.