Log Sliger SM580 Bifurcation width 2nd Slot (is there any leeway possible? 4mm)

KingKaido

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jan 4, 2021
Hello everyone

I'm planning on downsizing my O11XL Build and luckily I was able to buy a 3070 for RRP
The main build ATM
3950x
X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 - Link - so I can get a Thunderbolt to 10gbe or double 10gbe dongle in the future ( for some link aggregation fun XD)
GeForce RTX™ 3070 VISION OC 8G - Link
Sliger SM580 - With PCIE Birfucation cable - 1 for GPU 1 for Elgato/Avermedia capture card

My Main problem at the moment is that Gigabyte says its width is 51mm and sliger says with bifurcation, maximum width should be 47mm (yikes)
Does anyone know if this is a major problem, because of the scarcity of 3070s and introduction of these new coolers, its pretty hard to get a new 30 Series card

1. Do I yolo it and still buy this case and hopefully it just works (or deal with a bulge)
2. Look for a new case? if so do you guys have any suggestions (I'm looking at the new SSUPD Meshlicious, but their riser card solution is unique to the case with a 45 Degree bend)

Or has anyone successfully fit a bigger than 47mm card in the case with a single slot card in the the 1st pcie slot

Looking forward to all your replies :)

KingKaido

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jan 4, 2021
for anyone thinking the same thing, I done some searching on reddit and found someone with similar setup

The OP says the figures on the Sliger website are conservative

So a big , it looks like it could fit up to as 2.2 Slot card