a12 9800

Bambam625

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 5, 2017
I haven't seen anything except the last 5 years of APU performance and GPU performance, which shows that the performance is going to be significantly under a 1050 unless AMD figures out the memory bottleneck, which nobody has provided accurate information to say it has.

I'm not speculating on performance I'm just stating that others claims of 1050 level of performance based on current info are unrealistic. Simply having 'vega' cores doesn't mean it's going to perform at a certain level.
well ive also heard rumors raven ridge will have onboard HBM to boost the igpu performance. but all we have is rumors, and things change.

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2016
I haven't seen anything except the last 5 years of APU performance and GPU performance, which shows that the performance is going to be significantly under a 1050 unless AMD figures out the memory bottleneck, which nobody has provided accurate information to say it has.

I'm not speculating on performance I'm just stating that others claims of 1050 level of performance based on current info are unrealistic. Simply having 'vega' cores doesn't mean it's going to perform at a certain level.

no one is claiming that level of performance.

and aside that there is a rumor going on around the use of on die memory like intel does on their higher end igpu line.

on other figures its good to remind that polaris was always the small performance gpu and that vega was the big one.

still im not claiming anything that this should be earth shattering.

I was bothered by your dismissive position without any proof nor accounting any real info.

Reactions: Bambam625