Cooling 80 x 80 x 10 mm case fan... doesn't seem to exist?

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019
Bought the Akasa. I had exceeding low expectations so maybe thats the reason I am pleasantly suprised.
At 0% PWMs they spin at 650 RPM and are basically silent. At load they aren't any louder than the stock 92mm GPU fans.
Wished they stop spinning at 0% PWM like the stock fans did, but since they are silent I don't mind and the idle GPU temps are now 27c instead of 57c.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
Bought the Akasa. I had exceeding low expectations so maybe thats the reason I am pleasantly suprised.
At 0% PWMs they spin at 650 RPM and are basically silent. At load they aren't any louder than the stock 92mm GPU fans.
Wished they stop spinning at 0% PWM like the stock fans did, but since they are silent I don't mind and the idle GPU temps are now 27c instead of 57c.

I had the same experience with the Akasa 80x10 fans despite the shit talking about them. The others I tried at the time(NoiseBlockers and one other) both exhibited an annoying PWM buzz noise.

Reactions: A415Hz

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I had the same experience with the Akasa 80x10 fans despite the shit talking about them. The others I tried at the time(NoiseBlockers and one other) both exhibited an annoying PWM buzz noise.
I'm very unimpressed with the 80x15 noideblockrrs. I found the 80x15 coolermaster fans much better but they come in about 16mm thick.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
I'm very unimpressed with the 80x15 noideblockrrs. I found the 80x15 coolermaster fans much better but they come in about 16mm thick.
Yeah the other one, just checked were Silenx also ~16mm, gold color, and quiet on an LNA cable but 3-pin

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Yeah the other one, just checked were Silenx also ~16mm, gold color, and quiet on an LNA cable but 3-pin
At first I was hesitant about the Coolermaster because they were also 3pin instead of PWM, but motherboard control is so good these days I didn't find any issues setting the fan curve just how I wanted it.

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
Update on the Scythe fans after I finally got around to putting them in. Out of the three I bought one of them had bearing noise between 20-40% speed so I'd order an extra fan or two since they're cheap anyway. The two good fans are nice and quiet with a Fan Control auto profile at 25-40%, very happy with them.

Reactions: Phuncz