Cooling 80 x 80 x 10 mm case fan... doesn't seem to exist?

ImmaculateDoge

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 24, 2018
Hello all,

First post! Is it possible to find a good 80x80x10mm case fan? Some googling and searching on the forum only turned up one from Akasa, mentioned here. However, the Akasa model seems to be noisy and of low quality.

I'd really like a couple of nice quiet 8010s for a planned build in the ZS-A4m. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
It's pretty much impossible to have a good noise profile. At 10mm that's not a lot of room for a good bearing and hub design. It also means the fan blades are less than 10mm deep, so not a lot of airflow to be had there.

You get what you get. Just slow down the speed as all it does really is prevent stagnant air. Not a whole lot of airflow. 80x80x15 is a bit better.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Ah crap sorry. I simply read the last post and replied.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Have you thought of maybe 4 of the Noctua A4x10 fans together. A rather expensive solution but ticks the quiet and quality boe

Out of interest have you actually tried this. I'd be super interested to see some results / feedback about the noise profile vs a single 80

Sandez

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2017
Out of interest have you actually tried this. I'd be super interested to see some results / feedback about the noise profile vs a single 80
Unfortunately not, but I'm in the same boat as you. Would be interested in the results, but more from a FYI point of view

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I'd expect the 4x40 solution to be significantly inferior. That and 40mm fans are the worst for noise profiles. Trust me.

Regarding the original question - well, after 30 minutes of digging, I can't find any others except the Akasa and Evercool options. Dang. IIRC Noctua is working on one, we keep nagging for it to be fast tracked, but to no avail :(

Jacko-4

What's an ITX?
Apr 10, 2019
Did you ever find a fan? There is this one, the silverstone SST-NT08-115XP. It is attached to a heatsink though.

ImmaculateDoge

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 24, 2018
That would work in a pinch. Never heard of this product before. No I didn't find a fan but the project is on back burner.

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
I use these now for my Scythe Jitte cooler. They're about as noisy as the Akase but they seem to last longer for half the price, and the Jitte really kills fans. I expect they'll be available for as long as Velkase is making their chassis

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019
Anyone seen these fans before?
Scythe Kaze Hachi 80x90x10mm SC8010KH12H-P
  • Brand Name: SCYTHE
  • Dimension: 80x80x10mm
  • Model Number: SC8010KH12H-P
  • Type: Protective Net
  • Weight: 37.7G
  • Type: computer case fan
  • Bearing: Sleeve Bearing
  • Rated Voltage: DC 12V
  • Fan Interface: 4PIN PWM
  • Rated Current: 0.15A
  • Air Volum: 25.8CFM
Googling the model number only gives assorted chinese results. Could be a new product? or a fake product? Might be worth contacting Scythe and seeing what they say. Found a picture of the back of the box here. Can't quite make out how many dB this makes. 30.7dB?

I was looking to get the Akasa ones to do a mod on my gpu, and comparing the specs it seems that the Akasa are superior in all aspects expect the asthetics lol.

Dimension80 X 80 X 10.8mm
BearingEnter Bearing
Speed600-3000 RPM
Max airflow26.53 CFM
Max static air pressure1.81 mm-H²O
Sound level27.09 dB(A)
Rated voltage12V
ConnectorPWM-4pin
Product codeAK-FN076

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
Anyone seen these fans before?
Scythe Kaze Hachi 80x90x10mm SC8010KH12H-P
  • Brand Name: SCYTHE
  • Model Number: SC8010KH12H-P
  • Type: Protective Net
  • Weight: 37.7G
  • Type: computer case fan
  • Bearing: Sleeve Bearing
  • Rated Voltage: DC 12V
  • Fan Interface: 4PIN PWM
  • Rated Current: 0.15A
  • Air Volum: 25.8CFM
Googling the model number only gives assorted chinese results. Could be a new product? or a fake product? Might be worth contacting Scythe and seeing what they say. Found a picture of the back of the box here. Can't quite make out how many dB this makes. 30.7dB?

I was looking to get the Akasa ones to do a mod on my gpu, and comparing the specs it seems that the Akasa are superior in all aspects expect the asthetics lol.

Dimension80 X 80 X 10.8mm
BearingEnter Bearing
Speed600-3000 RPM
Max airflow26.53 CFM
Max static air pressure1.81 mm-H²O
Sound level27.09 dB(A)
Rated voltage12V
ConnectorPWM-4pin
Product codeAK-FN076

This is the fan that comes with the Scythe Jitte... In my experience, it began to wobble within several months. That said, the Akasas lasted even shorter, so given that the VELKASE fans are OOS on eBay, they're probably your best bet.

Anyway point being I believe they are legit

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich Tea

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019
This is the fan that comes with the Scythe Jitte... In my experience, it began to wobble within several months. That said, the Akasas lasted even shorter, so given that the VELKASE fans are OOS on eBay, they're probably your best bet.

Anyway point being I believe they are legit

Cool nice to know they are legit. From your experience if they aren't much better than the Akasa then, I probably try the Akasa out based on cost alone.
I need 3 so it would be £28.17 with a chance that I might need to play import duty on top. Whereas for 3 Akasa's it is only £16.44 delivered in the UK.
And as a temporary mod I dont think its worth paying almost double.

Thanks for you input