Cooling 600W Custom Modular Flex ATX

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I like the 'Merica colored connector action going on. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I really appreciate that Geeek tries to fill "niche" market segments. I wonder what the QC is like on these units, and how quiet that fan actually is.

Reactions: BernardoZ

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
any idea about the efficiency of the psu froom geeek? 80+ broze/silver/gold?
the full modular flex atx is great for better cable management
I'm wondering about >500w flex atx / 1u psu, MSI aegis X3 is using 600W 80 Plus Silver (1U)

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
any idea about the efficiency of the psu froom geeek? 80+ broze/silver/gold?
the full modular flex atx is great for better cable management
I'm wondering about >500w flex atx / 1u psu, MSI aegis X3 is using 600W 80 Plus Silver (1U)

These are the PSU platforms their modding

Delta DPS-400AB 400W - a quick google suggests this one is 90% platinum
Enhance ENP-7660B 600W - Platinum according to SFFn (https://smallformfactor.net/news/flexatx-computex-2017-roundup)

I have questions about the long term viability of these PSU's. If all their doing is replacing the screamers w/ substantially quieter and lower CFM units I do wonder how long they will last before they fry, especially w/ the vents being somewhat occluded by the modular I/O panel they mod onto the back but its far from my area of expertise. It is worth noting that you loose the manufacturer warranty although Geeek apparently warranty it themselves for 2 years so that may or may not be a thing you care about.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017

We had a conversation like this before. Also, they removed the 600w version from the website while ago.

I couldn't find the specs of this 400w version on the net. Do you think, it can handle i5-8400, m.2 drive, 2x8gb ram and gtx 1080 itx?

Last edited:
Reactions: BernardoZ and zovc

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Last edited:

kaffi

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2018
this legitimately seems too good to be true also from what people are saying its platinum efficiency. Also would it be a terrible idea to add some venting holes to the casing? Or maybe just open up the side of it so it gets more air and runs quieter.

last question, would this support a 6600k and a gtx 1060?

Last edited:

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
I also thought it was too good to be true, but these seems legitimate. Geeek is a kind of big company, so they surely ran some safety tests before selling, and psu manufacturers can easily do this type of customization if you make a large order (they probably did).

Good idea about the vent holes. Not too much if you try doing it by yourself (can damage), but I wonder if the manufacturer can do that in large orders, or if it would be a compromise on safety.

Answering your question, both versions (400 and 600w) can easily power 6600k + 1060, don't worry lol. Your rig won't cosume much more than 300w with that spec.

I still wanna know if someone will buy one of these, would love to see some tests.
If not, it's ok, we will probably end up buying some ourselves to test. But would be nice to see a more experienced person reviewing them.

Last edited:

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Any chance one of you guys will review/test these? @iFreilicht @Aibohphobia

PS: only marked you cause it seems you are the most experienced here about Flex ATX, so you will probably do a better/more trustable test than me. Sorry for bothering XD

Last edited:
Reactions: kaffi

kaffi

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2018
I bought one of these. The 400w, im not really into reviewing however when i get it ill send some pictures and if i get it up and running I tell you all what kind of noise it produces, really hoping they tried to make it silent atleast at idle. Im using a 1030 and a 6600k for it so it won't draw much power and GPUs are too expensive so i probably won't be able to get what I want (the 1060) to try to reach the limits of the psu any time soon to test that out.

ps they charge for shipping which was a surprise. Turned the 69 dollar 400w to like 82.59 dollars.

Reactions: BernardoZ

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
To me they look like a server PSU with the back modded to support the usual PC power connectors.

thats exactly what they are, their replacing the fans and putting a "modular" connector plate on the back and warrantying themselves but the actual PSU's are Delta or Enhance (depending on the wattage) flexATX models.

Reactions: kms108

kms108

Chassis Packer
Feb 21, 2018
They have changed the 1 inch/1.5 inch Fan for a 0.5 inch fan, to reduce sound, the company I work for has hundreds of these and they are very noisy, probably the small Fan will reduce the sound, but not strong enough to keep the internal cool, as they run really hot.

kaffi

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2018
They have changed the 1 inch/1.5 inch Fan for a 0.5 inch fan, to reduce sound, the company I work for has hundreds of these and they are very noisy, probably the small Fan will reduce the sound, but not strong enough to keep the internal cool, as they run really hot.
would more venting holes help at all?

kms108

Chassis Packer
Feb 21, 2018
would more venting holes help at all?
I don't think so, they were mean't for server, so noise isn't a problem if used in data centers, that why those thicker fans were used and they produce more noise, a 1 inch or 1.5 inch fan is used for a reason.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hey all. I was talking to Enhance this week, and was able to get the Fan/Noise report from ENP7660. Here it is:

So, it seems really awesome how the psu manage to keep quiet until 480w wattage.
Remember that these tests are from Enhance factory, so it's from their standard model, without any customization/tweaks.
I wonder if Geeek could improve that curve even more with their fan change...

Also, Enhance accepted providing me a sample, so I might do a dedicated thread reviewing it in a couple weeks ;)

Last edited:

kaffi

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2018
Hey all. I was talking to Enhance this week, and was able to get the Fan/Noise report from ENP7660. Here it is:

So, it seems really awesome how the psu manage to keep quiet until 480w wattage. Remember that these tests are from Enhance factory, so it's from their standard model, without any customization/tweaks.
I wonder if Geeek could improve that curve even more with their fan change...

Also, Enhance accepted providing me a sample, so I might do a dedicated thread reviewing it in a couple weeks ;)
wow thats really good news. I heard talked to someone on reddit who said it was actually relatively quiet.