Cooling 600W Custom Modular Flex ATX

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
that's great. I wasn't expecting that much silenceness. 65w cpu, nvme ssd and itx gtx 1080 should work quite silent.

Reactions: BernardoZ

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Any impressions/pictures from people who bought one of these? How does it perform? How's the noise? My main 2 concerns are that the rear modular plate would block airflow, and that the product is not certified. They do offer a warranty, but it's still a modded PSU without any certifications as far as I can tell... Also, I wish it was black.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
I've got an ENP7660 in hands right now. Its not the modded one from Geeek, but the original one directly from Enhance factory.

First impressions: it seems an awesome psu, staying pretty silent most of the time. It only starts getting loud from 480w load on, which we were not able to reach yet with our hardware. Being 600w 80+ platinum in less than 0,5L volume, this is probably the best flex atx psu available on the market. Nothing weird to report at the moment.

PS: I will make a proper review about it in a couple weeks. Our team is working directly with Enhance, so we are expecting to offer a custom version of it, with black enclosure and cables, and custom fan if necessary.
Also, if someone owns a Geeek's 600w unit, I would really appreciate some impressions, so we can compare it with the original one.
Any news I'll let u guys know :)

Last edited:

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
@BernardoZ what do you mean by silent? I'm not expecting 0db, but I find it interesting you saying that even with a significant load, it isn't very loud, or at least loud enough to bother you.

Reactions: BernardoZ

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
@Jello I don't have a decibel meter equipment to measure it yet...
But if I had to guess, ~20-30dB at close distance. It's about the same noise (if not quieter) than Intel stock cooler or Cryorig C7 cooler.

But again, this is for the original ENP7660. I wonder if Geeek improved that even more, cause this is already very acceptable I think XD

Reactions: Jello

Maat

Chassis Packer
Nov 1, 2018
PS: I will make a proper review about it in a couple weeks.

Any update on this? From the graph provided by Enhance it seems the fan actually runs continually and of course ramps up as load increases.

If so there's no way such a small fan could be considered quiet including it's operation at the 'lower' speeds.

sansoo22

Chassis Packer
Aug 6, 2017
I have the Delta DPS-400AB 400W (80 PLUS Gold) with the stock fan sitting in an A30 Mini ITX case. This is a tiny machine with just an i5-2500k and 16GB DDR3 I threw together for work. Its sole purpose is to be abused by all sorts of random development tasks. I can't comment how this thing performs under load because I have no video card. However I can say I was thoroughly impressed with the fit and finish of the modular connector board. Mine was all black connectors and not the "Merica" color scheme. And the cables themselves were FAR superior to anything short of custom braided. They don't kink or bend at all and the rubber coating on the outside is rather silky smooth for lack of a better term. I've had the PSU running 24/7 since May 13, 2018. (Thank you Google Photos for time stamping that) It hasn't had one issue for me. And altho i probably dont push the PSU hard i definitely abuse the CPU and even under sustained high CPU temps I can hear the 2 x Noctua 80mm exhaust fans over the PSU fan.

Here is a pic of the build. The PSU is under the Geeek plate at the bottom. For me it was a install and forget it about sort of thing. Sorry I couldn't comment on pushing its load but I hope this helps.

Reactions: deeree and Jello

Kanashii

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 16, 2018
Anyone knows why Asrock motherboards have an special tick ?
Planing using Asrock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac + AMD 2600 + Quadro P2000 for design, transcoding server in 1U mini-itx case with a PCI riser/extender.
Any suggestions?
Any europe shops with this PSUs ?