Power Supply 500W FlexATX PSU

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I don't have plans to produce the custom ones at this point. The interest just isn't high enough at this point in time. I'll add a notice to the first post.

Chris Howell

Trash Compacter
Diesel Engine
Jan 17, 2016
Revisiting this topic after having several months away - I just want to say good effort for the constant updates here! When I searched last year, I was only able to get my hands on a 400W flexATX, but after a quick search online today there are several 500W units on sale. Despite the high price, it's cool that see that they are actually available now. I look forward to the Seasonic 650W supply and hopeful price drops of the 500W FSP.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Some news for you on the Seasonic 650W. Mass Production January 2018 at the very earliest.
Its not yet passed DVT, (Design Verification Testing). So there is a way to go yet.

I Wouldn't expect it to cause a price drop on the FSP, but we'll just have to wait and see where Seasonic decide to position themselves.

Reactions: D10S and iFreilicht

Maestria

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2017
Hi, i just bought the last one in stock ( i don't want to wait untill january :D ) on amazon.co.uk from Overtek and i have some questions.

I m bit afraid by this -12v rail, did anyone tried this PSU on a recent motherboard with high end chipset (like x370 or z270)?
How can i know wich motherboard POST or won't with this PSU ?

I m planning to use it with a gigabyte 1080 Mini so i am looking for an 8pin EPS to 8pin pci-e adapter. Did someone have any suggestion ? I found this on overtek site but they are not for sale now : https://www.overtek.co.uk/collections/power-supply-accessories/products/eps12v-to-dual-pci-e-adapter

i found this too : https://www.moddiy.com/products/Bit...-6%2b2pin-Splitter-Cable.html?setCurrencyId=3

Last edited:

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
How can i know wich motherboard POST or won't with this PSU ?

Test it or ask the manufacturer. Not much else you can do.

I m planning to use it with a gigabyte 1080 Mini so i am looking for an 8pin EPS to 8pin pci-e adapter. Did someone have any suggestion ? I found this on overtek site but they are not for sale now : https://www.overtek.co.uk/collections/power-supply-accessories/products/eps12v-to-dual-pci-e-adapter

i found this too : https://www.moddiy.com/products/Bit...-6%2b2pin-Splitter-Cable.html?setCurrencyId=3

Both seem like they would do the job perfectly. It adds cable clutter but is the easiest solution. However, doesn't the GB 1080 Mini have an 8pin connector?

Maestria

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2017
Test it or ask the manufacturer. Not much else you can do.

Both seem like they would do the job perfectly. It adds cable clutter but is the easiest solution. However, doesn't the GB 1080 Mini have an 8pin connector?

Indeed, this card has only one 8 pin but i only found dual 8 pin XD

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
1. -12v. Not a problem we have a solution if needed.
2. Adapters, stock just awaiting customs clearance. Hopefully in next week.
3. We do have more 500W units available.

Reactions: Maestria

Maestria

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2017
1. -12v. Not a problem we have a solution if needed.
2. Adapters, stock just awaiting customs clearance. Hopefully in next week.
3. We do have more 500W units available.

Glad to here that ! :) Tell me when i can purchase this adapters :)

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Damn iFreilicht you did so much work on this having just had a scan through the thread more. You also mention about the DCDC converter for the -12v rail which is what came to my mind straight away for this issue when I saw that rail missing from the PSU.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Thanks. In the end it was all pretty much for nothing, though. Maybe this effort helped build up the hype that some companies are now trying to capitalise on with consumer FlexATX units, but we'll never know.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
Thanks. In the end it was all pretty much for nothing, though. Maybe this effort helped build up the hype that some companies are now trying to capitalise on with consumer FlexATX units, but we'll never know.
There's the 850 watt, huh, huh. FSP said they can manufacture it, but I'm not sure what the MOQ is.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Ifreilicht I am very interested in finding a flex atx to power a ryzen 7 1700 and a 1080ti what are my options?

As I wrote in reply to your PM, the FSP500-50FSPT is currently your only options, the caveats of this unit are described in this thread. Are you sure that you can't use a 1U PSU like LukeD did in his build? That way you'd have a 700W option.

For information : I just tried this unit with Asus ROG Strix z370-I Gaming and it POST. -12v rail is not needed for this mobo. Hope this help :)

That's very good to know! Maybe someone could find the list I already made and add it to the wiki entry?