4+4 and 6+2 power connector part numbers

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I'm trying to find 4+4 CPU power and 6+2 GPU crimp housings to confectionate myself, but can't seem to find any part numbers from a major manufacturer. There are offerings from alibaba, but I'm not trusting anyone there anymore.

I've found a few forum posts that tried to compile an extensive list of these components and at least they found the part numbers for the differently keyed 8 pin PEG and EPS12V connectors, but none of them consider 4+4 or 6+2, probably because you don't need those when you're planning a whole build out start to finish.

For example:
The only somewhat reputable source I found for them is primochill (see below), but they are based in the US and I'd like to get those things fast without paying extraordinary amounts of shipping. Do big-brand manufacturers of ATX-compatible connectors even make these?

6+2:

4+4:

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Aquatuning indeed sells those, they've even got them in different colours! Apparently, the ones from primochill are also by Phobya. Thank you very much!

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
The 6+2 is more usefull than the 4+4, mostly because almost all decent motherboards have the 8-Pin EPS.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Yeah the 6+2 is mandatory for PSUs, but I think 4+4 makes sense as well. My B85N Phoenix is decent for what I wanna do, but it only got 4-Pin EPS. Honestly, I don't see the point invensting much in a Z170 or other high-end chipset board when I'm only running a 35-65W CPU at stock clocks.
I guess for EPS, making a small adapter is more viable as you've often got more space for cable routing around the mainboard area than around the GPU.

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
Yeah the 6+2 is mandatory for PSUs, but I think 4+4 makes sense as well. My B85N Phoenix is decent for what I wanna do, but it only got 4-Pin EPS. Honestly, I don't see the point invensting much in a Z170 or other high-end chipset board when I'm only running a 35-65W CPU at stock clocks.
I guess for EPS, making a small adapter is more viable as you've often got more space for cable routing around the mainboard area than around the GPU.

If you really have to you can always MAKE the 8-pin fit in the 4-pin ;).

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Sure ;)
On the other hand, you could just put the 4-pin in the 8-pin connector and be happy, it doesn't really matter if you make the leads a bit thicker.